A pair of re-reg paints for the T-Duke V2

Thread: A pair of re-reg paints for the T-Duke V2

A pair of re-reg paints for the T-Duke V2

Hey guys, I know the T-Duke v2 paint kit is still a little ways out, but I went ahead and did some simple re-registration paints from Sean's beautiful blue scheme. I'll get them packed up and uploaded soon.

Cheers
    TJ

EDIT...Submitted to SOH and Avsim for upload.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sweet thanks
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Hi, just wondering, is it much of an upgrade from the original turbine Duke ?
    I7 3700k @ 4.5 ghz, 2 x 8 gig 2133ghz ram, Evga gtx 780 classified, samsung 840 pro 250 gig ssd for op system, Win 7 64 bit ultimate, Samsung 840 evo for fsx photo scenery, 600 gig wd velocraptor for fsx, creative XFI fatality sound card.

WELL worth the upgrade price. I have them all and this latest is RealAir at their best. I hardly look at anything now except the Duke V2 Turbo and (of course) Manfried's wonderful C-47/DEC-3.

I almost always fly the Deep red version and this blue is REALLY nice. It will be in flight tomorrow. Many thanks pilottj, very nice of you to provide a USA registration also.
    Best regards
    Neal H

Thanks guys, I may get around to doing some re-reg paints for the red scheme.

+1 on this release, it is a top tier addon for sure. Rob and Sean outdid themselves as usual. Between this, the A2A 182 and the AS F-14, along with my favorite old warbirds I think my simming year will be complete....tho patiently waiting for the Milviz Mu-2

Kind of like the warbirds, the Turbine Duke is also a rich mans sports car....for someone who doesn't care about operating costs or payloads, but wants to look good while on the ramp lol. I think V2 quite a bit improved from V1. It feels like a 'fuller' simulation than V1, better turbine dynamics, more 'solid' handling, easier to taxi, fuller sounds, more visuals and so on. If you think way back to early RealAir releases, they've always done 'upgrades' to previous products....ie the various SF-260 and Scout releases.

Now that RealAir has released a few high performance single and twins, perhaps they can go back to the bush, ala Scout v2 or whatever bush plane they choose. RealAir Aviat Husky??

CHeers
    TJ

PS, I am thinking of doing some re-reg paints for the red scheme, are there any requests for nationality of registration?
    Last edited by pilottj; January 8th, 2015 at 15:19.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks! mighty nice! I was secretly hoping someone might do this!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    ... whatever bush plane they choose. RealAir Aviat Husky??
    I prefer their fast and off the beaten path planes but a RA Husky would be awesome!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Here are the reds, and redid the font on the two blues, ive got PSD's for both so if you want a reg, let me know.

Cheers
    TJ

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/...1/09/Ec4vt.jpg
    http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/...1/09/gZLHX.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work on these paints. Have v1 of the B60 and Turbine Duke. Top class. Love twins and turboprops. Only thing that puts me a bit off flying these two is the reality of their real life counterparts. The piston duke was a pig re engine design and maintenance (see hilarious video below) and $$$ per hour very unfavorable vs more cost effective alternatives. The turbine duke has great short field and climb performance - major pluses - but disappointingly its top speed is restricted due to the design limitations of the air frame. Part of the Walter Mitty fun of GA flight simming is flying something I know I would actually choose to own IRL.

Consequently I tend to fly the roomier B200 GT (> 300 knts cruise) or even the AC690B which I have modded to perform as a TC1000, also capable of > 300knts and actually more fuel efficient (IRL) than a PC-12. My plane of choice were I to win the lottery would be a PC-12 due to its overall flying SUV/Swiss Army Knife performance and versatility. I have the ageing Flight1 Pilatus but have yet to spring for the newer Carenado PC-12 as reports seem a bit mixed and it seems to need a lot of mods - provided by purchasers rather than the seller. Sorry to take this a bit OT but wanted to make these GA in FSX observations. Be sure to check out the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnCT24qod4M
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hah - well it's fs and thank goodness we don't have to pay mx costs and fuel costs
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Lol yeah I've seen that video, its hilarious.

That's always a great debate, to fly stuff that you could realistically have or the exotic sports cars of the aviation world. As a pilot, I have flown Cessna, Piper, Beech, Grumman-American, and been a passenger in various common types of GAs and Airliners. I enjoy every plane I have a chance to fly, but when I go to a flightline, it is the rare exotic planes that really excite me and the planes that I wish I could have a chance to fly. Its like when you are driving around in your common sedan/truck/mini-van...etc, and you get passed by some exotic sports car or vintage classic...cars that turn your head....do you think....'Boy, I sure would like a chance to take that beauty for a spin', for the pure sake of having the experience of driving such a a machine, machines designed for looking good and/or having extreme performance. People who can afford those cars don't typically care about gas mileage or taking the kids to school in them.

I enjoy the lot of them, from uber realistic C-182 or Cherokee, something that I could realistically rent/fly, and also enjoy something like a P-40, Turbine Duke, F-14...ie dream machines. I hope A2A keeps making super realistic GAs (with occasional exotic warbird thrown in) and RealAir keep making exotic 'fun' planes. Have both the common and the exotic.

Personally for me, the T-Duke fits a mission profile for me perfectly. High speed, short TO/Land with twin engine redundancy and PT-6 reliability. Interestingly, a plane that has a similar profile to the TDuke is the Silver Eagle II, a Cessna 340 with Allison turbine conversion.
    http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/A...a-Silver-Eagle
    Another more 'practical' conversion would be the T-Duke's smaller cousin, the Cougar Baron based on a Baron 58P airframe.
    http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/airc...l#.VLAS6yvF-QU

The PC-12 is a fantastic airplane, but I would prefer twin engine peace of mind for operating in places that I would like to visit lol...thats when I am glad I have a MEL certificate lol. There is actually a great debate with single vs twin...ie Lancair Colmbia or Cirrus vs Diamond DA-42. The single being the cheaper faster plane, while the twin more expensive (tho cheaper fuel burn in the DA-42's case). Personally, in realty I would go the safety route while in FS, I would go the faster route. The Cirrus's parachute won't do you much good over the Great Lakes or Rockies lol.

Cheers
    TJ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here are a few more, I'll probably upload the blues together and the reds together, I will zip with folders so you can just extract whatever registrations you want.

Currently done/WIP
    Blue;
    D-NSYR (stock)
    N4269T
    ZK-RTD
    C-GGCC
    N6341R
    VH-JKM
    N46GM

Red:
    VH-AFX (stock)
    N6942J
    ZK-DTR
    C-FRTD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here is the latest batch lol, included UK, Dutch, Brazil, Norway, and Japan registrations.

Currently done/WIP
    Blue;
    D-NSYR (stock)
    N4269T
    ZK-RTD
    C-GGCC
    N6341R
    VH-JKM
    N46GM
    PT-RTD

Red:
    VH-AFX (stock)
    N6942J
    ZK-DTR
    C-FRTD
    JA4269
    LN-RTD
    PH-RTD
    G-BRTD

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/...1/09/PZeoi.jpg
    http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/...1/09/1hxIR.jpg
    http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/...01/09/q8lO.jpg
    http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/...1/09/jnISo.jpg
    http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/...1/09/AQMdk.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very nice repaints. Almost real looking.

Thanks, all 14 paints have been uploaded to Avsim. I'll get around to uploading them here as well, tho it will take a little while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for answering my question, I have both v1 dukes by real air and V2 of the piston Duke and soon I will now be buying V2 turbine Duke.
    I7 3700k @ 4.5 ghz, 2 x 8 gig 2133ghz ram, Evga gtx 780 classified, samsung 840 pro 250 gig ssd for op system, Win 7 64 bit ultimate, Samsung 840 evo for fsx photo scenery, 600 gig wd velocraptor for fsx, creative XFI fatality sound card.

Another dumb bunny for the Duke.

Hi all,

My first response was that I didn't need to upgrade to the V2 Duke. I was reading what others were saying but it was after I saw the youtube video that I realized I also wanted to look cool even with a tail likely to break off and imminent engine failure along with ruinous upkeep and maintenance. After all, Hummers are still being driven around so its not always about practicality. Nope, this is a fun plane to fly and look at and V2 adds smoothness to handling, great flap control and motor sounds, and a more luxurious flying experience. I'm going with "cool".

Cal

"You WILL look COOL in a Duke" !!!!!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 1