FSX Reinstall: What do I want to install? (& REX questions)

Thread: FSX Reinstall: What do I want to install? (& REX questions)

FSX Reinstall: What do I want to install? (& REX questions)

Okay, reinstalling FSX from scratch (Steam Edition) for the first time in 2-3 years and wondering what I want to have installed. Right now, I'm looking at:

* Traffic 360
    * Ultimate Terrain X 2.0 USA
    * FTX NA Blue PNW 1.80
    * Rex Essentials Plus with OD
    * Maybe the new REX Soft Clouds?

Any other recommendations?

I'm a bit confused about REX Texture Direct. REX Essentials already updates the textures, so what does Texture Direct add to the party?

Also planning to pick up the DX10 fixer app, I think, once he makes it available for sale again. (I think he pulled it for a week so he could take a week off doing tech support for it.)

REX 4 TD is a different set of Textures than Essentials with OD. I have both and tend to prefer the textures in TD. I do use the Essentials though for the abolity to tweak the ocean colours which is not there in TD. It is a matter of taste. For me it was important to have REX TD due to the P3D specific wave animations that do not exist in REX 3.

The DX10 fixer is back on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    REX 4 TD is a different set of Textures than Essentials with OD. I have both and tend to prefer the textures in TD. I do use the Essentials though for the abolity to tweak the ocean colours which is not there in TD. It is a matter of taste. For me it was important to have REX TD due to the P3D specific wave animations that do not exist in REX 3.

The DX10 fixer is back on sale.
    Thanks, Dimus. With the sale, I went ahead and picked up both TD and the clouds.

Not seeing the DX10 Fixer back on sale at the FlightSim Store yet, though, and his blog doesn't indicate that it's available yet.

However, I just discovered this free shader update that might fix the stuff I'm concerned about anyway...

You're right about the fixer. I was confused because I just have access to my purchase and there was a recent update to it that I got from The Flightsim store.

I wouldn't be without Traffic 360 and AccuFeel, and also a modified terrain.cfg from http://simviation.com//fsxscenery1.htm to stop odd bits of rock poking through the water where there shouldn't be any, eg in the Thames by Tower Bridge.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Members who have read this thread: 0