Best of Both Worlds

Thread: Best of Both Worlds

Best of Both Worlds

Every year I try to go flying on New Year's Day, but sadly this year the weather wasn't that wonderful and therefore I broke tradition and flew yesterday in Auster AOP.9 XR240/G-BDFH over the Devon countryside and up and over Dartmoor. Again it wasn't the best day to venture skyward as was shall we say a little bumpy over the high ground and somewhat windy. But a good time was had by all.

This morning for some reason, I couldn't sleep and so tried to replicate the flight on my PC, dialling in all the known weather conditions. Well, I haven't use the sim for over a month, so perhaps it should be a New Year's resolution to do a little bit more, as I rather enjoyed the experience, but its a lot easier (and cheaper) sat in front of a screen with a nice hot coffee, then being buffeted about the skies. But with the way sims are going and the efforts of the people we see here, it will get better and better.

Happy Landings and a Happy New Year to all.

Martin

Is that an eggy Mudesford or a muddy Eggesford! ha ha!

Hopefully all the previous damage is holding up, especially the UC...

I fly out of Compton Abbas and get to Dunkerswell now and again. Great countryside to fly over.

Fly safe.

Cheers

Shessi

Can't say we saw you, but we enjoyed the afternoon on Dartmoor too. Should we spot an Auster on another occasion I'll have a shorter list of suspects!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Can't say we saw you, but we enjoyed the afternoon on Dartmoor too. Should we spot an Auster on another occasion I'll have a shorter list of suspects!
    Yes it was a somewhat wet and muddy Eggesford (soon hopefully to be released for Horizon VFR Scenery) and as for Dartmoor we only ventured over the extreme Northern fringes over to Castle Drogo and then returned home for a cup of tea. Dartmoor is such an expanse that some days you don't see a soul and then next time find a school party practising for Ten Tors. Yesterday only saw one walker, miles from anywhere.

Love Compton Abbas....always get a warm welcome there and always something interesting to see. Fast track lunch system works wonders!

Cheers,

Martin

Nice mix of sim and real life
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Hm! We were probably in the Drogo cafeteria with exploding egg banjos when you flew over (visual joke). Blue skies for next time then!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 1