179 New AI ships released - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 179 New AI ships released

Hmm, I know than the amount means a force ; ) ... but I see something like this. Any ideas?

It looks like double AI traffic. I think I installed whole package properly. I didnt see the same bgls. Screen done from Honolulu.

Here is traffic_Ships_US_West_56800 and traffic_Ships_US_West_56801 I think.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Hmm, I know than the amount means a force ; ) ... but I see something like this. Any ideas?

It looks like double AI traffic. I think I installed whole package properly. I didnt see the same bgls. Screen done from Honolulu.

Here is traffic_Ships_US_West_56800 and traffic_Ships_US_West_56801 I think.
    Hi,
    It is not a question of installation which looks correct; this problem can occur in different situations e.g. when changing planes during flight where it seems like the simulator reloads the traffic - however it doesn't always happen.

Ahh, perhaps You have right : ) . I changed here scenery from default to photo Mogascenery in this fly. Maybe it was this?

Last edited by YoYo; January 7th, 2015 at 14:14.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi YoYo..

Yep.. that would be enough to do it. Sadly.. an FSX bug.. one of the many!! I've seen this happen loads of times too
    ATB
    DaveB

Have now done the full install - thanks again Henrik for the listing above. The good news is that it didn't kill my aircraft AI this time. As a quick check to see ships I slewed to NYC harbour and saw lots of ships. They are not moving however, all parked. Is this normal? My own work - mostly manual - with AI carrier/ship tracks indicates that they should move at some point depending on their BoatTraffic schedule. Alternatively, if there are static ship (scenery bgls) in the package, maybe my install hasn't worked 100%.

Is there a good location to recommend seeing moving shipping at most times during the day?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Check Hawaii .

Will do - thanks!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

YoYo, if you didn't already fix this, I have it happen to me with AI aircraft after switching planes or other testing. My trick is to set traffic to "0", go back in the sim, then reset the traffic to whatever % setting you had previously.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Is anyone else having trouble unzipping the file? WinZip Pro keeps hanging on me with a series of prompts that say "Skipping file: unable to create a sensible filename out of [file path details] Effects for USS Halyburton FSX Only/Effects/fsx_AI_Hamaship_STERN_SPRAY_m.fx" When I click "OK" and try to continue, I get several more of these. Never had a problem like this with any of Henrik's previous files. Should I be trying a different unzip utility? FYI that I've tried downloading from both Simviation and Avsim and hit the same snag, so it doesn't seem like a corrupt download. Am open to counsel as to next steps. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It turns out that the WinZip problem is something that happens when the destination path is longer than the program can handle - a system-specific result of the location of my P3D downloads folder, which explains why it wasn't happening to anyone else. Solution was to unzip to a temp file on the desktop. Have now unzipped with no problems and installed everything. Now off to load up my A2A B-17 in Coastal Command paint and go keep an eye on local shipping...
    Last edited by Alan_A; January 8th, 2015 at 14:57.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Hi Alan..

Unless it's absolutely necessary.. I only ever use the 'built in' Windows file compression/decompression software and haven't had a problem with any of the above

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    YoYo, if you didn't already fix this, I have it happen to me with AI aircraft after switching planes or other testing. My trick is to set traffic to "0", go back in the sim, then reset the traffic to whatever % setting you had previously.
    Good idea, Today I checked traffic near Hawaii, 51%. Very nice view! Thank You again

Btw. I didnt see nothing extra near Alaska (FTX NA SA). It will be nice to have something near Anchorage too : ) . TY again.

WinZip problem solved - if you're curious as to the reason, check out the edit in my earlier post, just above.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

<article>
    Hi
    Thanks for returning with the explanation - I always get a bit worried if I hear about a potential problem with the packages - but so far this one looks good

Sadly the people behind FS2000.org has once again stolen one of my packages and uploaded it on their website against the guidelines in the copyright. I do not put the full link to their website as it is not a community website but a purely commercial website, which lives from clicks and advertising income without contributing anything to the community. They drive the clicks with freeware uploaded without the accept of the authors and I warn everybody about downloading from their website or even purchasing from their so-called "shop". Ultimately sites like fs2000.org kills the possibility of creating and sharing freeware, but by not visiting them you help to destroy their business model.
    </article>

I've got pretty well all of the files, according to the listing, and the only one I don't have is 63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for South America and Europe V1, which is supposed to be installed first. The link on the list leads to ai_ships_and_ai_ship_traffic_2013_v1. Is this a renamed version of 63?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

I think yowm right Dave I only ever remember the first one being 63 AI Ships but am sure it's named as you describe now.

That set really should be installed first as I'm sure later releases update it. You don't need the South American traffic (unless you go there of course) but I've left it in place anyway

ATB
    DaveB

This looks amazing!!!

I have a question though...

I am still fairly new to FSX and I fly primarily on VATSIM, do AI ships display when one is connected to a network like VATSIM? I ask because I have simply turned this slider off in FSX and never tried to turn it on while online. I would test it now, but I'm at work.
    ~Justin

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . ." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Thanks DaveB. That's bostin'. Yow'm a good'un :-)
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    I've got pretty well all of the files, according to the listing, and the only one I don't have is 63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for South America and Europe V1, which is supposed to be installed first. The link on the list leads to ai_ships_and_ai_ship_traffic_2013_v1. Is this a renamed version of 63?
    Yes, that is correct... I wasn't very consistent when I started.

Next up will be updates for the US... First of the new all American ships for exclusive use on the Great Lakes is the Indiana Harbor:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15011711045316112912884579.jpg   15011711050416112912884580.jpg  
    Last edited by kl791; January 18th, 2015 at 03:39. Reason: extra content

That's wonderful news about the Great Lakes shipping. Thank you!! Is there any chance the car ferry SS Badger might be included in the update? http://www.ssbadger.com/

Brian

Henrik,

Having done the full list of installs, I now gradually am seeing your ships in various of my favorite places - most recently around the Tonkin Gulf Yankee Station area while fiddling with my own carrier track installs. This is really a great effort and contribution that adds new life to FS shipping lanes - thanks again.

expat

Henrik;

Looking forward to the Great Lakes package. Is there a chance you could include the six 140 foot Bay Class Cutter icebreaking tugs of the US Coast Guard?
    These 'black hull' Cutters keep the Great Lakes' shipping lanes open in the winter.
    Only one model would be required as with the exception of the bow numbers all look the same.
    Half way down this link are links to the Bay Class Cutters. http://www.uscg.mil/datasheet/140wtgb.asp

• KATMAI BAY (WTGB 101) Sault Ste. Marie, MI
    • BRISTOL BAY* (WTGB 102) Detroit, MI
    • MOBILE BAY* (WTGB 103) Sturgeon Bay, WI
    • BISCAYNE BAY (WTGB 104) St. Ignace, MI
    • NEAH BAY (WTGB 105) Cleveland, OH
    • MORRO BAY (WTGB 106) Cleveland, OH

I am familiar with AITB and could provide the 'flight (float) plans'. I am a bit biased toward these ships as I served on the Morro Bay in a prior life.

Joe

(There are three other 140's homeported in the NE US)

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Henrik;

Looking forward to the Great Lakes package. Is there a chance you could include the six 140 foot Bay Class Cutter icebreaking tugs of the US Coast Guard?
    These 'black hull' Cutters keep the Great Lakes' shipping lanes open in the winter.
    Only one model would be required as with the exception of the bow numbers all look the same.
    Half way down this link are links to the Bay Class Cutters. http://www.uscg.mil/datasheet/140wtgb.asp

• KATMAI BAY (WTGB 101) Sault Ste. Marie, MI
    • BRISTOL BAY* (WTGB 102) Detroit, MI
    • MOBILE BAY* (WTGB 103) Sturgeon Bay, WI
    • BISCAYNE BAY (WTGB 104) St. Ignace, MI
    • NEAH BAY (WTGB 105) Cleveland, OH
    • MORRO BAY (WTGB 106) Cleveland, OH

I am familiar with AITB and could provide the 'flight (float) plans'. I am a bit biased toward these ships as I served on the Morro Bay in a prior life.

Joe

(There are three other 140's homeported in the NE US)
    Hi Joe,
    As mentioned on Avsim - if someone can provide a drawing then they could go on the list, but I need at least a decent side view and a top view.

For the moment a small Danish addition - the patrol ships Ejnar Mikkelsen and Knud Rasmussen here in P3D and below in FSX

And the real thing:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15020909574516112912948381.jpg   15020909333016112912948340.jpg   15020909334016112912948341.jpg   15020909575516112912948383.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Looks fabulous Henrick,

I'm hoping your classic / retro ships pack (or even some partial part thereof) one day materialises. My dream is to replace all stock AI boats/ships with your retro ships. Even if there is not a 1:1 ratio of OEM ships to classic ships, just having a few of these vessels creating a "FSX1960" AI experience would be sublime.

In any event - thanks for your great work.

Best regards,

dl

Agreed, DL. Henrik's shipping add-ons are wonderful, but some classic ships would be the icing on the cake.

Brian

• Quote Originally Posted by IFlySWA View Post
      Agreed, DL. Henrik's shipping add-ons are wonderful, but some classic ships would be the icing on the cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by IFlySWA View Post

Brian
    Regards to the classic ships - if you are into doing you own routes with AIBTC or replacing your default ships you might actually already find something in the packages - in the last package there were the Nordstjernen ferry from 1956, the Skogøy ferry from 1953, the Funchal from 1960 and three liberty ships in war paints - the liberty ships are not activated on the routes yet. They will be in the next update, but the models and effects are there so you can do your own routes with them. Jean-Pierre has also released several of his ships on http://www.jpfil.com/quebecfsx/index.php including the passenger ship Empress of Ireland, the tug Eureka, the steamer Storstad, and the passenger ship Tadoussac - and if you are really desperate an MP to me might provide you with another 7-8 post WWII civil freigthers...

Members who have read this thread: 5