tool tips do not work with dx10 on

Thread: tool tips do not work with dx10 on

tool tips do not work with dx10 on

Tool tips do not appear in the VC when I use dx10. Is this a known problem and is there a fix?

Yes it is a known issue and most go from full screen to windowed (Alt - Enter) to read tool tips.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Yes and don't forget to use "pseudo_full_screen" then you cannot tell the difference, except perhaps higher framerates.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Yes and don't forget to use "pseudo_full_screen" then you cannot tell the difference, except perhaps higher framerates.

I am not familiar with the phrase "pseudo_full_screen"?

pseudo_full_screen.zip at Avsim
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Tool tips don't work at all for me.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Perhaps you need to switch them on then.
    Settings\Display\Aircraft\Show cockpit Tooltips,
    tick the box.

Nick

unable to get the fullscreen.ahk into the autohotkey program

When I right click on the desktop I see a small menu.
    I hover the mouse pointer over "New" and click on "AutoHotkey Script".
    Clicking on "Autohotkey Script" generates a file called "New AutoHotkey Script.ahk" and
    puts it on the desktop.

From this point on, I do not grasp the instructions on the AutoHotkey website
    for linking up to the "fullscreen.ahk" file in the "pseudo_full_sscreen.zip" folder.

I have tried several times to do this, but failed to get this to work for me.

I would appreciated any assistance you can give to me.
    I hope you all have a Happy and positive New Year....

Have you read through the setup guide that Adam put together? Everything you need for tooltips is near the end of that manual. Including a link to a version of pseudo full screen that has everything you need in it. It's all in easy to understand instructions as well. Hope this helps!

Or, at the risk of being a miserable old git, learn your cockpit like a real pilot. No tool tips in real life. Seriously, I use DX10 and have long since forgotten what a tool tip is. You DO get used to it.
    Happy New Year.

Thank You.....got Paul J's script from DX10 Manual....

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk View Post
    Have you read through the setup guide that Adam put together? Everything you need for tooltips is near the end of that manual. Including a link to a version of pseudo full screen that has everything you need in it. It's all in easy to understand instructions as well. Hope this helps!
    Thank You, CHUCK. Paul J made a .exe file ready-to-go. I did find that, on my system, I have to 'Run as administrator'.

......the manual's full name is: DX10 FIXER "HOW-TO-GUIDE"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    Or, at the risk of being a miserable old git, learn your cockpit like a real pilot. No tool tips in real life. Seriously, I use DX10 and have long since forgotten what a tool tip is. You DO get used to it.
    Happy New Year.
    LOL! I'll second that sentiment. When I started simming with FSX, not knowing any better, I went straight to DX10 preview mode. It was probably a year later I finally decided, having never seen them, I should see what this 'tool tips' thing was that sometimes came up in the forums.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I really appreciate the help I have received regarding dx10 onto his forum. But I need just a little more. I downloaded pseudo_full_screen and auto hot key. Tool tips work again and it improved frame rates. However I have one remaining problem now. FX10 keeps going to simulation paused. Any idea what in auto hot key and pseudo full screen would cause fsx10 to pause about every 20 seconds?...

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    I really appreciate the help I have received regarding dx10 onto his forum. But I need just a little more. I downloaded pseudo_full_screen and auto hot key. Tool tips work again and it improved frame rates. However I have one remaining problem now. FX10 keeps going to simulation paused. Any idea what in auto hot key and pseudo full screen would cause fsx10 to pause about every 20 seconds?...
    There's a setting in FSX somewhere called "pause on task switch" - have you tried that?

As to your pauses, it looks like some windowed settings may have "kicked in" - it seems like the generic stutter/pause you get if texture loading has become a problem (for whatever reason). Check your fsx.cfg for any window/full screen values and have a fiddle!

I've never used the pseudo full screen thing, as I find it generally easier to momentarily pop into windowed mode to view the tooltip info then back into regular full-screen mode.

BTW - I totally disagree with the "no tooltip" purists. In a real aircraft, you can easily squint at the guage(s) to read of course/heading values, but doing that quickly in a relatively poor quality VC in a sim is *hard* as it often involves panning, zooming etc. etc.

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Thanks Adam. I will see what I can find. Not only are the tool tips useful, but I get better frame rates running in the windowed mode.

Members who have read this thread: 1