a2a aircraft

Thread: a2a aircraft

a2a aircraft

I have been looking at the He-219 and Fw-190 long nose packs for some time. Would you folks recommend them?
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf190 View Post
    I have been looking at the He-219 and Fw-190 long nose packs for some time. Would you folks recommend them?
    To me a wholehearted YES is in place here! I own both and they are gorgeous!

Dumonceau

The He219 is still very nice, but personally I think the FW190D package has become a bit dated.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The He219 is still very nice, but personally I think the FW190D package has become a bit dated.

Cheers,
    Huub
    If you compare the Fw-190D package to the FSX offering by Matthias, I agree. But we are talking about addons for FS9, not?

Also, the number of repaints available (quite a few from your hand) are gorgeous!

You've had your compliment for today Huub!!

Dumonceau

Wulf -- I have both, and in spite of being somewhat older packages, they are still state of the art and the best for FS9. So get them both if you want...you won't be disappointed.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Hi Wulf,
    Totally agree with the boys, the He 219 is superb, one of my all-time favourites, and look on the A2A forums for improvements/updates etc. The Dora is again excellent, and lots of skins about. As said great value and you won't be disappointed!

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    If you compare the Fw-190D package to the FSX offering by Matthias, I agree. But we are talking about addons for FS9, not?

Also, the number of repaints available (quite a few from your hand) are gorgeous!

You've had your compliment for today Huub!!

Dumonceau
    Here you are wrong as I never repainted the WOP/A2A Dora.

However TonyG did quite a few excellent repaints and made a very nice paintkit for the Dora and Ta152 models. ICDP made a set replacement textures for the default models and made some absolutely stunning repaints for the long-nosed 190s and he also made a great paintkit.

Again, as said I personally think the model shows its age. But perhaps this is because I'm spoiled with the incredible FSX offerings by Mathias.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Here you are wrong as I never repainted the WOP/A2A Dora.

However TonyG did quite a few excellent repaints and made a very nice paintkit for the Dora and Ta152 models. ICDP made a set replacement textures for the default models and made some absolutely stunning repaints for the long-nosed 190s and he also made a great paintkit.

Again, as said I personally think the model shows its age. But perhaps this is because I'm spoiled with the incredible FSX offerings by Mathias.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Maybe Cees D then? IN the old days (not having been a member then), I was always confused by both of you...

Jeez, I'm getting old!!!

Dumonceau

The deadly owl - total endorsement

Dumonceau,

Many thanks for prompting me to get both the outstanding rendition of the He 129 'Uhu' and the Fw 'Dora', both crafted by A2A 'back in the day' under the 'Wings of Power' label.

Just completed a few very satisfying circuits and bumps around Gary Summons equally outstanding rendition of Prestwick Airport in Scotland, in the 'Uhu'. Lovely flight model and a tribute to A2A's continuing commitment to 100% accuracy in the flt regime (coupled of course to high-level modelling skills).

Now for the 'Dora' - a little more demanding of pilot concentration me thinks.

Anyone still with FS9 and wanting an injection of enthusiasm for flying great simulator a/c get the Uhu/Owl and the Fw 190D at a great price.

Now to hunt out some skins done by the experten.

Mal

Members who have read this thread: 0