IRIS Texan Open Beta
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IRIS Texan Open Beta

IRIS Texan Open Beta

For those looking for the sale price it is now listed at half price ($20 AUD). I picked it up, but have not yet installed.

Happy Holidays to all!

Edit: Now installed. Much better than older version of Texan II. New instrumentation is great. Sound is "ho hum". One picture below -

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-12-20_8-15-17-472.jpg  
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Dave/Smudge,

This has my interest, but will the Tac Pack be a separate aircraft or an upgrade? Also will upgrade be a free patch or pay for DLC? Thanks
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Dave/Smudge,

This has my interest, but will the Tac Pack be a separate aircraft or an upgrade? Also will upgrade be a free patch or pay for DLC? Thanks
    Has my interest also. Dave's recent response was "Though the TacPack AT-6 is a seperate produce scheduled for later next year. "

Still hasn't directly answered your question. Based on that response, I bet it isn't free, but I would sure like to see it as a "deeply discounted" PATCH for current T6 Texan II owners. Maybe Dave has not yet determined the details. What say you Dave?
    Jay
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

I wonder whether a T-6C is next?

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    I wonder whether a T-6C is next?
    The Texan Open Beta package contains several T-6C textures, but for now at least it uses the T-6B model with them.
    Mike M.​

The systems and information we have is dedicated to the T-6B, though from cockpit shots, the major difference in the B and C is the addition of external fuel tanks.

As for the AT-6, it'll be a completely different product due to the significant increase in work required for it.

As for discounts and costs.. I'm not saying anything at this stage... I confirmed the A-10 TacPack would be free when we started developing that and it bit me in the butt as we had no idea how significant the workload would be to integrate TackPack to that level.

I'll be uploading a new version of the product later on today... just making some adjustments to the code and systems to match the manual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    The systems and information we have is dedicated to the T-6B, though from cockpit shots, the major difference in the B and C is the addition of external fuel tanks.

As for the AT-6, it'll be a completely different product due to the significant increase in work required for it.

As for discounts and costs.. I'm not saying anything at this stage... I confirmed the A-10 TacPack would be free when we started developing that and it bit me in the butt as we had no idea how significant the workload would be to integrate TackPack to that level.

I'll be uploading a new version of the product later on today... just making some adjustments to the code and systems to match the manual.
    Cool! I can wait for the AT-6. In the mean time, I'll put some hours on the PC-21. Thanks for the update.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mikewmac View Post
    The Texan Open Beta package contains several T-6C textures, but for now at least it uses the T-6B model with them.
    Thanks - does it include RNZAF textures? Couldn't see any reference on their web site.

Yes Naki it does...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We've temporarily disabled purchases of the Texan Driver Early Access product whilst we upload a new version to the server.

This version features a 200+ page manual to aid in your understanding and learning of the aircraft, along with some adjustments to code, systems and flight modelling.

We anticipate the product to be back up for sale in about an hour. We will advise you here when it's ready.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Texan Driver Early Access product is now available to purchase again from the IRIS Store. This new version features improved documentation, a number of code and flight model changes and brings the product ever closer to release!

If you don't have a copy yet, head over to our store to purchase your copy today at 50% off its standard price!

http://irissi.ms/texanea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Texan Driver Early Access product is now available to purchase again from the IRIS Store. This new version features improved documentation, a number of code and flight model changes and brings the product ever closer to release!

If you don't have a copy yet, head over to our store to purchase your copy today at 50% off its standard price!

http://irissi.ms/texanea
    Smudge,

I just purchased the Texan Driver Early Access product yesterday. How do I go about downloading this new version with the improved documentation?

Mike M.​

Mike, just log into your IRIS Store account and re-download the product from your product invoice (in the 'My Account' section).

Also, it mentions this in the installer, but delete the IRIS T-6B Texan II folder from your Microsoft Flight Simulator X or Prepar3D V2/Simobjects/Airplanes/ folder before you install the new version.

That way it's a clean install and it should work as planned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mike, just log into your IRIS Store account and re-download the product from your product invoice (in the 'My Account' section).

Also, it mentions this in the installer, but delete the IRIS T-6B Texan II folder from your Microsoft Flight Simulator X or Prepar3D V2/Simobjects/Airplanes/ folder before you install the new version.

That way it's a clean install and it should work as planned.
    Thanks Smudge,
    I thought that might be the case, but I wanted to be sure before I tried it.
    Mike M.​

Smudge

I purchased this product yesterday from FSS, how do I get the update and know when it is available.

Thanks in advance.

A question before I jump in: does this model have a quick start function?

Dumonceau

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Has my interest also. Dave's recent response was "Though the TacPack AT-6 is a seperate produce scheduled for later next year. "

Still hasn't directly answered your question. Based on that response, I bet it isn't free, but I would sure like to see it as a "deeply discounted" PATCH for current T6 Texan II owners. Maybe Dave has not yet determined the details. What say you Dave?
    I wait for this idea too..

From Iris FB page:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

David,

Where do we get the info on incremental releases for the Texan? I see no new posts on the forum for quite some time.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    David,

Where do we get the info on incremental releases for the Texan? I see no new posts on the forum for quite some time.

Dave
    I just downloaded the update, and the incremental lists were in the Texan Driver - Early Access Information.pdf inside the zip.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I have manual dated 21.12 8:46 IAP 2015.001-AFM. Downloaded Today. For sure its a still beta but I hope this front hole near the HUD in the glass will be solved in the future .

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    A question before I jump in: does this model have a quick start function?

Dumonceau
    Easy to start.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Easy to start.
    Thank you for your clear instructions. you're too kind...

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I have manual dated 21.12 8:46 IAP 2015.001-AFM. Downloaded Today. For sure its a still beta but I hope this front hole near the HUD in the glass will be solved in the future .

Easy to start.
    YoYo - Looks like you are having the same problem as me with this new release....no HUD symbology?? No functioning HUD brightness switch, no on / off switch. It was working in the prior release. While I'm at it, is there any way to sit in the instructor / rear seat? Love the static wicks on the wings. Much refined over prior Iris Texan II.

For start I use "cntl E" and 3 switches on - Batt, Gen and Avionics Mstr.
    Jay

Just bought it a few minutes & downloading now. Thanks for the sale.

Jeff
    I pass gas!

Hud worked for me.

Just had to bring the brightness up.

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    YoYo - Looks like you are having the same problem as me with this new release....no HUD symbology??
    No, HUD works ok, but I talked about this hole near the HUD. I didnt notice this for example in PC-21. Beta (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Thank you for your clear instructions. you're too kind...
    I do not understand your frustration. Easy means easy: batter on, engine cut on (+IDE), ignition on, auto start on, gen on, avionics on + HUD/lights ect. I did it without manual so I think yes - its simply easy - like in many aircrafts (military).
    Certainly, the manual describes this in more details.

Members who have read this thread: 1