IRIS Texan Open Beta - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IRIS Texan Open Beta

Thanks. Got it now as I had done everything except spin the mouse wheel. YoYo, good eyes. I would have never really focused on that...good catch.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

The Eng Cutoff switch on the throttle does not appear to be working. My only noticeable item so far. Spin entry and recovery are beautiful!

Jeff
    I pass gas!

Phew,

Morning all, thought I'd pop in and see what feedback there was..

The HUD issue is something we're aware of, it occured when I ungrouped the parts to make the variable brightness HUD as the USN pilots in the team told us that they don't use the HUD very much during primary... never knew that! lol.

The start procedure is as per the manual for autostart or manual start...

(I'm douing this from memory, so it may not be 100% to the manual.)

1. Parking Brake ON
    2. Battery ON
    3. Hit MORE on the EICAS page (Right MFD)
    4. Click the Fuel Cutoff Paddle to move throttle from cutoff to idle.
    5. Advance throttle slowly until you see the ST READY Light appear on the right EICAS display.
    6. Momentarily push the starter button to AUTO (letting go of the mouse will bring it back to NORM, which is right)

Sit and wait, at about 12% N1, the engine will fire up.

At 60% N1, reduce throttle to idle.

7. Generator Switch ON
    8. Anti Ice ON

There's more to it than that, but that'll get you the basics..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got it and i aint disappointed thanks Iris from New Zealand

It is a Hot machine cheers

waka172rg

Blake you bugger .. "Son of a Bitch cut me off .. I'm in " all this "TOPGUN" stuff , the lines really has been coming out in the last few weeks .... all this madness

David,

just a question about the sound. In medium or high RPM I hear something like quiet ringing phone. Or Im mad?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Blake you bugger .. "Son of a Bitch cut me off .. I'm in " all this "TOPGUN" stuff , the lines really has been coming out in the last few weeks .... all this madness
    LOL yeh Boy Plenty of time to MP

I guess its a must for the Kiwis

Anyone figured out how to switch between com1 and com2? Thought that would be sorted considering the other systems being simulated. Manual mentions a rocker switch on the PCL - where is it?

Enjoying this as much as the PC-9A tho' - good use of all that MAIW scenery and AI I've clogged my disk up with

I'd like to see someone replicate the delivery flight of the Kiwi Texans from Wichita, KS USA to NZ. Across many "ponds" in a single turboprop, but with that engine I would do it. 20+ day trip.

Wichita KS -Des Moines, IA-Ottawa, CN-Newfoundland-Labrador-Greenland-Keflavik-Glasglow-London-Rome-Chania,Greece-Amman-Dubai-Ahmedabad,India-Kolkota,India-Bangkok-Seletar,Singapore-Bali-Darwin-Cairns-Coolangatta-Norfolk Island-Ohakea,NZ
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    I'd like to see someone replicate the delivery flight of the Kiwi Texans from Wichita, KS USA to NZ. Across many "ponds" in a single turboprop, but with that engine I would do it. 20+ day trip.

Wichita KS -Des Moines, IA-Ottawa, CN-Newfoundland-Labrador-Greenland-Keflavik-Glasglow-London-Rome-Chania,Greece-Amman-Dubai-Ahmedabad,India-Kolkota,India-Bangkok-Seletar,Singapore-Bali-Darwin-Cairns-Coolangatta-Norfolk Island-Ohakea,NZ
    I'm sure that must have been a Promotional tour that seem to be repeated I'll wait till they plop one in Christchurch and ask if I can go for a return flight ... an excuse like ..... thinking ..... Arr got it , no fluffy dice hanging from the HU ...

Some of info and new pack of skin. https://www.facebook.com/irissimulat...=page_internal

"So we were hoping to release the Texan Driver out of Early Access to full release this last weekend, but alas, not all went to plan.On the plus side, it's given us a week to touch things up and generally add in some additional goodies.. like these fantastic paintschemes by resident artists, Magnus Almgren & Rachael Whiteford"

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I just downloaded the latest version. The Power Control Lever still does not move. A Configuration Manager has been added. It's supposed to add chocks, pilots, and external fuel tanks. It does not work. Flying around with no visible pilots is no fun. Anyone else have the Configuration Manager problem?
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Where do we find the link to download this aircraft?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteside View Post
    Where do we find the link to download this aircraft?
    Here:
    http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ol...products_id=39

Actually YoYo, I have to respectfully correct you on that one. The link goes to the PC-9/A. The T-6 has been removed from sale whilst we gear up to full release this weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

David,

Will the full release include the aux tanks? I'm looking forward to the final release, then the AT-6.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    I just downloaded the latest version. The Power Control Lever still does not move. A Configuration Manager has been added. It's supposed to add chocks, pilots, and external fuel tanks. It does not work. Flying around with no visible pilots is no fun. Anyone else have the Configuration Manager problem?
    What a difference a day makes. Just downloaded the latest version today. The T-6B must be close to commercial release. The Power lever works now. The Configuration Manager has been enlarged with three new options, including options for "cold & dark" or "ready to fly". And all options work quite well. The new paints are incredible, while frame rates are very good. This plane is a definite keeper.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

That looks like a PC9A
    Will this get me the T6A?

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Actually YoYo, I have to respectfully correct you on that one. The link goes to the PC-9/A. The T-6 has been removed from sale whilst we gear up to full release this weekend.
    Got it, thanks!

Any news on the release of the Texan?

I must confess I have a soft spot for these aggressive turbo prop trainers :-) Really looking forward to the AT-6B.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Any news on the release of the Texan?

I must confess I have a soft spot for these aggressive turbo prop trainers :-) Really looking forward to the AT-6B.
    We're still pushing to get things finalised. At the moment all the essential parts are in, we're just adding more goodies. I can't really say more than that at the moment, but it'll be worth the wait. We're hoping for 1-2 weeks depending on how things progress behind the scenes.

That and we've been working with some T-6B students and instructors to get the flight dynamics to their satisfaction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 1