Gauge for Wind Info at Various Altitudes

Thread: Gauge for Wind Info at Various Altitudes

Gauge for Wind Info at Various Altitudes

I have not checked this out yet but looks to be useful. Last one on the page.

http://simviation.com/1/browse-FS+Gauges-106-9

EDIT: Installed and tested. While the gauge displays wind direction TRUE instead of magnetic in the altitude list, the top display shows mag at current altitude. Useful as an indication of speeds at altitudes although the mag variance must be considered.
    It is also a FS9 and earlier .gau gauge. Works well though.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; December 13th, 2014 at 13:32.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

This looks like the gauge I tried back in the FS9 days. It was ok to a point. The wind information is only good at your exact position. No where else along the flight plan.

Quote Originally Posted by robert41 View Post
    This looks like the gauge I tried back in the FS9 days. It was ok to a point. The wind information is only good at your exact position. No where else along the flight plan.
    I agree may be of limited value for FS9 only but at least a good indication of what's happening at higher altitudes.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Yes, still a useful gauge to have.
    I flew with this and real weather, found myself constantly climbing and descending trying to stay in the best tail winds.
    Perhaps this gauge could be modified to show the winds along a set flight plan?

I've been using it for a while now. It can come in handy.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

SOH-CM-2016
    It looks like it gives you very similar information about winds at various altitudes to WeatherSet2, which is my "go to" gauge for winds aloft info when flying. WeatherSet2 can also give you winds at any airfield, but not winds along a flight path.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/661...onal-programs/
    Martin (FS RTW Race pilot 2009-19)
    Win7 x64 | MSI X79A-GD65 | Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB

Members who have read this thread: 0