Carenado Christmas mega sale. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carenado Christmas mega sale.

Seneca V HD

I picked it up this morning and ran it around the patch. The panel is impressive as it has a Garmin 600. Nice moving map and technology I have yet to try out. Great plane for the sale price.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I noticed that it has the glass cockpit, hummm.... with my recent experience with their C208 HD E (GLASS COCKPIT) I can only imagine that
    there will be a bit of a FPS performance drop. Nice plane, nice price though.
    I have also noticed some performance problems with all G1000 equipped Carenado aircrafts. Luckily the G600 in the Seneca V has not such problems. Actually I was quite surprised that there is almost no drop in performance wit the Seneca V

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

My goal tonight is to see if I can shoehorn in the GTN750 into that right hand slot of the G600.
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    My goal tonight is to see if I can shoehorn in the GTN750 into that right hand slot of the G600.
    Oooooh, please let us know how this goes, that would be an awesome duo .

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by imn2sims View Post
    Oooooh, please let us know how this goes, that would be an awesome duo .

Steve
    Short attempt. That is most definitely a no-go. Both sides of the G600 are one gauge. The only way one could do it is to shoehorn in a different PFD on the left side, or hack up the Carenado G600 file so that the left side doesn't show in the VC gauge.

However, in line with what's been mentioned, I see absolutely no performance hit with this G600, and it looks pretty good, so I'll just use my GTN as a popup.
    Jim Stewart

Testing new toys

I have just tested the 114 on a short flight around Shoreham (on sale too).

Its a realy nice design and a very good rendition by Carenado for that price!!

Yep, I'm loving the 114, to be honest. Wish I would of tried it a long time ago!
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    Short attempt. That is most definitely a no-go. Both sides of the G600 are one gauge. The only way one could do it is to shoehorn in a different PFD on the left side, or hack up the Carenado G600 file so that the left side doesn't show in the VC gauge.

However, in line with what's been mentioned, I see absolutely no performance hit with this G600, and it looks pretty good, so I'll just use my GTN as a popup.
    At least it was an attempt, short or long, which is more than I'm capable of , so thanks for trying. On a side note I flew around a bit last night and could not get the auto-pilot to couple with the GPS in NAV mode, and yes I had the CDI in the correct mode on the G600. It would follow HDG just fine.

Steve

Got the SENECA V

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    Surprisingly the Seneca V costs less than $12 in the Flightsimstore.

It's a steal for that price

Greetings
    Tim
    At first I was not sure that I wanted this plane; with the engines so far forward and all but, that's just the way Piper designed it. Then I saw a few youtube videos of this bird and tutorials and
    with no other vendor offering this at that price I decided to buy this one. So far so good. And like it was mentioned in this thread, no FPS issues with FSXA.
    The left engine as far forward as it is does block the pilots view a little bit; you see a lot of engine from that vantage point.

I had asked PCAVIATOR if they could match flighsimstore's price...they responded with a negative due to Carenado not authorizing them to sell this plane at any sale price. Go figure...

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    If anyone's interested in the Piper Pa-46T Jetprop: at the Carenado store it's only $16, while at other vendors it's $23USD.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    If anyone's interested in the Piper Pa-46T Jetprop: at the Carenado store it's only $16, while at other vendors it's $23USD.
    I'm seeing $22.77USD which is the same as PCAviator. Any links to your find?

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Try the store at Carenado's own site, it's $15.94 there IIRC.

Edit: looks like they've changed it to $22 now..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Try the store at Carenado's own site, it's $15.94 there IIRC.

Edit: looks like they've changed it to $22 now..
    Went there, says USD$22.77.

Steve

Edit: looks like we posted together.......Nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by imn2sims View Post
    At least it was an attempt, short or long, which is more than I'm capable of , so thanks for trying. On a side note I flew around a bit last night and could not get the auto-pilot to couple with the GPS in NAV mode, and yes I had the CDI in the correct mode on the G600. It would follow HDG just fine.

Steve
    Found out why it wouldn't couple. You not only have to change the CDI source on the G600 but on the G430 as well. Don't know if that's accurate IRL, but then it works.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by F-4F View Post
    I have just tested the 114 on a short flight around Shoreham (on sale too).

Its a realy nice design and a very good rendition by Carenado for that price!!

I love the Carenado Commander. I have their PA46 too. I like the commander better. Everything works on the Commander the way it is supposed too. The flight model was redone and is very nice. I am a fan of the real world commander. I would love to get commander with the RealAIR or A2A treatment... I know it is not likely.

Members who have read this thread: 1