Lancair Evolution

Thread: Lancair Evolution

Lancair Evolution

is there one in development from anyone?..i sure hope so,its such a cool looking plane,looks fast even parked in a dark hangar.

I gotta say...Only the Legacy and the IV series(IV-P and IV turboprop) have ever appealed to me. The IV turbo prop is even better performing than the Evolution if I recall.
    -JB

We had a IV-P turboprop crash offshore in Duluth this summer... Still don't know what happened

Last edited by ryanbatc; December 4th, 2014 at 10:18.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

EWW!
    LOL! I tend to agree. If definitely looks fast and modern, but those windows share a resemblance between a spider's eyes and/or liver spots.
    -Mark

I would love to see Ant do one of these. Or at least update his IV to a IV-P. His IV is still one of my favorite GA planes to scoot about in FSX.

..The IV Turboprop is outright dangerous in my opinion.. We had a big-businessman kill himself in one a year or two back, in Boise.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    ..The IV Turboprop is outright dangerous in my opinion.. We had a big-businessman kill himself in one a year or two back, in Boise.

- Joseph
    I don't have any experience operating the turboprop version but I'd tend to agree. In our accident, we simply think the pilot got behind. Our field was VFR but IMC straight ahead - in addition to that the N86NW pilot was carrying what I'd call a fuel bladder, his route would take him back across the atlantic. We wonder if there was a CG shift on takeoff... It was really nuts - my first fatal in seven years with the FAA.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Don't blame high performance aircraft for mishaps due to pilots being behind. The Navy trains students in a T-6...much higher performance than a Lancair IV. The difference is a disciplined training program that mitigates risk and a culture of rigid adherence to an SOP.

I flew a Lancair 320 (another "dangerous" plane) safely for a year. Nothing unsafe about the plane. It was demanding of attention, yes, but given the correct training it's perfectly safe.

Ill admit the thing had more in common with flying a jet than a 172 though...

Personally I did not like the Evolution when I first saw one at the FBO I work at, but now after 2 years or so I have seen several, and they have grown on me .... real ramp presence and almost fighter like landing gear, to each his own I suppose, but I'd love to have one for FSX ! Mike

Any time a GA aircraft starts setting performance records you know that it requires more than average skills to fly it. Its like the Mu-2...The thing flies like a jet and has special characteristics that require special training. Put some bloke in Lancair who thinks he can fly it like his Cessna 182 and he will get bitten.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Personally I did not like the Evolution when I first saw one at the FBO I work at, but now after 2 years or so I have seen several, and they have grown on me .... real ramp presence and almost fighter like landing gear, to each his own I suppose, but I'd love to have one for FSX ! Mike
    +1. Single engine and slippery...what's not to like.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Those round windows and curvy lines make it look like a Rutan design. Add a canard in there or a strangely placed second engine and it would be a ringer for sure!

Members who have read this thread: 1