Um, a little help.

Thread: Um, a little help.

Um, a little help.

Ok, I was fidgeting with sceneries and did a few steps before checking and ended up with this..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	missing textures.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	16275

This is Italy with water on the left and coast with mountains on the right but this happens everywhere. I happened to have a backup of scenery/world/texture but using them didn't change anything. I unselected each new scenery from the list too. Is this a texture file problem, a scenery file problem? I'm thinking maybe some files got installed somewhere I didn't realize? I'm trying the main texture next.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Looks more like a landclass error methinks.

Ttfn

Pete

Where might those files be? I can grab the defaults to start with.

In the scenery /world/scenery folder, and the folders such as scenery / eurw/ scenery.
    and scenery / base/ scenery.

If you've recently installed something like ultimate terrain, or similar, you may find the missing files are still present, but renamed as backup, or something like HP123456.bak

Ttfn

Pete

Well I've replaced just about every scenery folder with defaults to no avail so I'll likely be doing a clean install and migrate things over until the error happens. Maybe I'm not saying it right but it's as if something I installed via an autoinstaller didn't go right and a file is calling for textures that aren't there or something, I just don't know where to look. Something I didn't notice before though were two unlabeled scenery layers below the default cities and such, Is that normal?

Well I've replaced just about every scenery folder with defaults to no avail so I'll likely be doing a clean install and migrate things over until the error happens. Maybe I'm not saying it right but it's as if something I installed via an autoinstaller didn't go right and a file is calling for textures that aren't there or something, I just don't know where to look. Something I didn't notice before though were two unlabeled scenery layers below the last one "Default Scenery", Is that normal?

Seems another snag, can't install a clean copy to C. If I remember, one had only to ensure there was no existing FS9 folder and no FS9 in the C...appdata...roaming folder. All I get is the option to run, not install. There is the uninstall option too however. Would that uninstall only from Program Files (x86)?

Uninstall the 9.1 update and then the Sim itself from the Add/Remove programs routine, then delete the app data folder and the Flight Sim Files folder from your Documents folder. Then run a registry cleaner (I use CClean nightly) to (hopefully) get rid of any stray entries left over.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks, moving the FS Files and renaming the fs9.exe allowed a new copy to go in. Now comes the wading through the swamp. I suppose I should ask too if there is any advantage to installing to C program files or program files (X86). Do they both have the permission issues? Thanks again.

In a 64-bit system, the Program Files folder is for 64-bit applications, and the x86 folder is for 32-bit programs (the name comes from older processors such as the 8086). They both have the elevated security restriction as far as I know. Therefore, any program that I have the slightest feeling that I might want to tinker with it goes into my C:\Added Programs\ folder. At the moment, the only non-factory program in the 64-bit folder is CCleaner. Chrome, Firefox, and VLC Player are the only three additions to the x86 folder. Everything else I've added (including FS9) is in "Added Programs" and operating with no problems.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I put the new install into x86 but that can easily be fixed later. Strangely though when I went to shift things over to find the problem, several scenery folders were gone from my primary fs9 drive, I've no idea why. However, thanks to the help and after some tinkering the primary started up, with no addon sceneries activated and no weird textures so I presume the issue lay somewhere amongst those. That's as far as I can go for now cause we have to pack up our meager belongings and bug out for 2-3 weeks. The 1907 house we bought and have been rehabbing is now to the point where walls can go back up and floors can be done. We have enough to hire out that stuff but afterwards I'll be back at it finishing casework, installing appliances. For the last 6+ months we've been living out of suitcases and paper plates surrounded by a construction zone. Can't wait to be in a house again.

Members who have read this thread: 0