50% off FSX native Glowingheat SR-71 and B-58 Hustler

Thread: 50% off FSX native Glowingheat SR-71 and B-58 Hustler

50% off FSX native Glowingheat SR-71 and B-58 Hustler

Another shameless plug!

Offer at PC Aviator until Monday. Grab them while you can.

That's an offer I can't refuse, as they say in "The Godfather". I just grabbed the B-58 for $13.34, thanks to the GlowingHeat and PC Aviator holiday discounts plus an additional 10% "C'mon back and buy something" email discount from PC Aviator. Cheaper than the Lindberg plastic kit and I don't have to mess with paint and decals.

Picked em both up as well. Great pair.... now if only we could incorporate TAC Pack into the B-58.....kidding. Great looking birds.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Highly recommend the B-58!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I flew the B-58 early this morning without consulting the manual, hehe. Everything was fine up at 35K but things went south quick when I attempted to land. Now I guess I'll read the manual. The plane is a real blowtorch but I like it.

Blog Entries
    Indeed. On both these models, fuel state/MLW is not merely helpful - but critical, to safe, smooth landings.

To be honest, the VC on the latest GH B-58 model was a bit of a letdown for the full pop price, in my view - but at this price, it'd be a steal. Was enhanced by the cockpit textures found here too, to say nothing of both DaveQ and Rick's awesome addon textures.

The SR-71, with the B model, is also a great value at this price. I bought both at full price, and heartily recommend them to connoisseurs of the these two lovely ladies. Reading the manual will prevent much frustration - don't be in a rush ...

Thanks GH!

dl

Hee hee!! Landed her (crash detection "on") smoothly first attempt at Loring AFB - just need to keep the nose and revs high (a little over 200 knts) and the fuel less than 50%. She is a blow torch.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

DL - where to find the VC mods?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    You might read through this thread. They may have been an attachment.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...t=b-58+hustler

I don't see them in the library, just Dave's repaints. Who was Rick mentioned above?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    You might read through this thread. They may have been an attachment.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...t=b-58+hustler

I don't see them in the library, just Dave's repaints. Who was Rick mentioned above?
    That would be member 000rick000, here is the Library link to his alternate VC textures:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...C-Textures-zip

Thank you!

I've been meaning to revisit the VC and the B-58 in general since learning some new techniques which would serve the aircraft well. I have a new specular map that I've been playing around with to give the skin a more realistic appearance. One thing im not familiar with and wouldn't mind some help with is bump mapping...I really want to give the wings especially a little more "waviness" from low aspect viewing angles.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I've been meaning to revisit the VC and the B-58 in general since learning some new techniques which would serve the aircraft well. I have a new specular map that I've been playing around with to give the skin a more realistic appearance. One thing im not familiar with and wouldn't mind some help with is bump mapping...I really want to give the wings especially a little more "waviness" from low aspect viewing angles.
    Hi Rick. I had a senior moment further up the page.

FSX B-58 paintkit available?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    FSX B-58 paintkit available?
    Hi Zsolt. The old Alphasim/Virtavia paint kit is the basis of the texture set. It needs a bit of work as there are some changes to be made. Available here

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post

If my memory serves, I used Gimp to create the bump mapping normal maps etc

Members who have read this thread: 0