Hudson for Sale ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hudson for Sale !

Well the first 1.8 gig download resulted in a bad zip, something about it being part of a spanned file but the file was 1.8 gig. So trying again... good old Fspilotshop. Don't use them as a rule due to their habit of charging to reactivate older downloads.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Second bad download: ! "d:\Users\R Law\Desktop\FSB-105.zip: Unexpected end of archive"

I'm using Orbit download manager that works fine with those big multi-gig ORBX downloads so I'm at a loss to understand this.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Roger, I used Internet Download Manager with no problem at all. It can be tried for free. Found easily with Google. Hope this helps.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads-up Francois! Bought it today.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Finally got a good download with Ie Explorer and no download manager
    SYSTEM :

downloading now

I would happily buy this aircraft but I have a metered internet connection (15gb per month) and
    I cannot afford to download 1.8 GB.
    I could easily manage the 400-500 MB that the original is, if there was a way?

Regards,
    Nick.

As did Roger, I purchased and twice tried to download the 1.8 GB file. But unlike Roger, when I tried a third time the FSPilotshop simply shut me down and asked for $5.00 to reactivate the account. All within one hour.

I have sent in a ticket. But this is a sad business model that FSPilotshop has in place.
    -Mike

And now we need a good Dutch repaint! :-)

Cees

Icon9

*GROAN*

I am having a bad migraine attack, so I wasn't aware of the posts here since yesterday, sorry. Those of you with download problems, please shoot me an email..... not sure why it should be 1,8 Gb ?????????? My files are only 400 and 150 Mb large....

Anyway, have you let Adam Howe of FS Pilot Shop know? I'll shoot him a message too.....

Last but not least: when people have downloadproblems at my OWN shop, I always recommend the www.freedownloadmanager.org. Solves the problems every time.

Please get in touch so I can solve your issues.

Francois
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

I always recommend thewww.freedownloadmanager.org. Solves the problems every time.
    I downloaded and installed it, but how do you persuade it to download? Do you set it to default somehow?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

When you have it run in the background, it picks up any download you start through your browser. It can of course do a lot more, but that's the essential part of it, and the easiest way to use it. It will keep track of interruptions itself, and continue the download automatically.
    Umbria, Italy

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    not sure why it should be 1,8 Gb ??????????
    Two 800 mb files for Fsx and P3D, one 160 mb expansion pack and a 50 mb paintkit, but all paintkits are already included in the basepack installers as well.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I thought it was the hudson A320 that was put up for sale, unfortunately I was wrong

A320? That sounds more like an Airbus ..... hhmmppfff
    Umbria, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Two 800 mb files for Fsx and P3D, one 160 mb expansion pack and a 50 mb paintkit, but all paintkits are already included in the basepack installers as well.
    Hmmm..... I sell it differently in my own shop apparently..... maybe the zip file went wrong there somehow.. will check it out
    Umbria, Italy

I bought the Hudsons via Simmarket in a previous sale. Hovering the mouse over both zips.. the main package is 398mb and the expansion pack is 119mb. No idea why the filesizes from FSPS are so big??

ATB
    DaveB

When you have it run in the background, it picks up any download you start through your browser.
    Thank you.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

What a fun plane to fly! Lovely!

Cees

Bought it and tested yesterday, beautiful model indeed I donwloaded the package, as usual, without any download helpers (I have a 100Mb connection) and zip file was OK.

I think FS PilotShop have all files in one zip file...... that might explain the large size.
    Umbria, Italy

I bought it just for the Lodestar...

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Beautiful repaints there Jens, any chance you could update the RAF Hudsons as some have the wrong roundels or non at all?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    I think FS PilotShop have all files in one zip file...... that might explain the large size.
    That is true. There are two main installers, for FSX and P3D (although I think there is no practical difference and P3D installer can be pointed to FSX location, too). Also the expansion pack is included

I bought it just for the Lodestar...
    I did - this week - for the same reason! But I like the Hudsons a lot too. Any Lockheed twin (any Lockheed) has a place in my hangar.

Be great to have some 50's era corporate/VIP paints (if anyone is up for it - I can't paint sadly).

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.zoell...apeimage_1.png

http://www.abpic.co.uk/images/images/1149442M.jpg

http://www.abpic.co.uk/images/images/1032611M.jpg

http://www.orpheusweb.co.uk/vicsmith/Pictures/Lode.jpeg
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 1