Unsuccesful conversion

Thread: Unsuccesful conversion

Hybrid View

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Unhappy Unsuccesful conversion

Hi everybody!

I just tried converting MVG3d's splendid Macchi C.205V for FS9 to dress it up with Manuele's new ANR repaint.

I used Morton's mkMDL utility but the below is the best I could get. After all the passages, Convert back to FS2002-Convert to CFS2-Fix Animations, control surfaces are permanently stuck in unnatural positions and aren't animated, the tail gear remains permanently retracted and shock absorbers animation sometimes shoots the right wheel up in the air and stays like that.
    The only animations I could get to work properly are the cockpit canopy and the ventral radiator flap.........

Is this model so advanced that's beyond conversion limits or is there something that can be done?

Obviously, by someone more skilled than yours truly...

Thank you!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVG_C205_CFS2.jpg  
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Don't feel bad kelti. I've only converted 2 models sucessfully.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Thumbs up

KH,
    I managed to get the ailerons level, but the other surfaces such as the rudder and the elevators are now fixed. The tailwheel retracts, but I can't get rid of the main wheel prob. I've tried several things but nothing.
    We've visited this prob before and I can't remember the answer, if there is one!

If not, then scasm is the way or MVG letting us have the source file and make it for CFS2............OR there is another way....but a lot of work..

Cheers

Shessi

Icon14 Much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    KH,
    I managed to get the ailerons level, but the other surfaces such as the rudder and the elevators are now fixed. The tailwheel retracts, but I can't get rid of the main wheel prob. I've tried several things but nothing.
    We've visited this prob before and I can't remember the answer, if there is one!

If not, then scasm is the way or MVG letting us have the source file and make it for CFS2............OR there is another way....but a lot of work..

Cheers

Shessi
    Well Shessi, yours sure looks better than mine! In my conversion the tailwheel retracts too, but look at the shot I posted: it does not extend fully, does yours extend like it should?

I'd be already glad to have your conversion. By the same token, should I beg on my knees Manuele for a CFS2-workable mdl?

Cheers!
    KH

Yes and no, I don't think it fully extends, but certainly it's better than the initial conversion.

Yes, you're most welcome to it, nice looking bird.

Re-the source file. Manuelle works in Gmax, so you would have to get his Gmax source file, and then someone work on it. I doubt he would do a CFS2 mdl, you could ask though??

The other prob is that the main model is a big 2.6Mb (for a small fighter), so you would have to make it multi-LOD, to be really usuable.

Maybe time fitting the texs you want onto another more usable C205, would do the job?

Cheers

Shessi

The model prob uses L_Aileron_Key, R_Aileron_Key for the ailerons. Rudder_Key for the Rudder and L_Elevator_Key, R_Elevator_Key for the Elevators. These keys don't work in CFS2 and I don't think MDLC knows that they need to have the _Key removed from them and the animation needs to be moved to 50% up/down.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Yes and no, I don't think it fully extends, but certainly it's better than the initial conversion.

Yes, you're most welcome to it, nice looking bird.

Re-the source file. Manuelle works in Gmax, so you would have to get his Gmax source file, and then someone work on it. I doubt he would do a CFS2 mdl, you could ask though??

The other prob is that the main model is a big 2.6Mb (for a small fighter), so you would have to make it multi-LOD, to be really usuable.

Maybe time fitting the texs you want onto another more usable C205, would do the job?

Cheers

Shessi
    Hi,

like other conversions uploaded I don't think the framerate performance of this model would be an issue. It can always be used for the real sim-pilot only, while having IS4G's old Macchi C.205 in ANR colours flying as AI.
    B.T.W.: IS4G's livery depicts Adriano Visconti's C.205, Commander of 1st Gruppo ANR and Gorrini's direct superior officer, thus making a perfect AI wingmate for MVG3d's C.205.

Besides, should anyone come up with missions/campaign for the air war over Northern Italy during 1943-45 period, ANR patrols would never be composed by more than two-three aircraft at a time, such was the historical capability of Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana. I don't think the presence of just one non multi-LOD model would degrade CFS2 performance significantly, particularly with the power of recent computers.

I just wrote a PM to Manuele Villa, aka MVG3d, asking him if he could kindly help with this conversion. Hopefully, he will.

Cheers!
    KH

Icon22

Hi Friends,
    OK for the Beepee's modified gauges.
    I simply asked to Stefano to use something similar to the Italian gauges in order to avoid to have typical US or GB (NON metric gauges scales) in the panel (as in other conversions in the past...).

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi Friends,
    OK for the Beepee's modified gauges.
    I simply asked to Stefano to use something similar to the Italian gauges in order to avoid to have typical US or GB (NON metric gauges scales) in the panel (as in other conversions in the past...).
    There, see?

Manuele just beat me to it!

And the list of contributing chaps is growing:

• MVG3d
    • Allen
    • Shessi
    • Dvslats
    • Beepee
    • who else....?

Cheers!
    KH

Ita Weapons...

Are there bombs for the Italian planes? I realizie this is a fighter but is there a weapons pack for them?
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Icon22

Hi Stefano,
    I'm sending You the GMax source files, take a look at Your E-Mail......

WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    Hi Stefano,
    I'm sending You the GMax source files, take a look at Your E-Mail......
    Got them Sir!

Your generosity cannot be praised too much, a thousand thanks!

Cheers!
    KH

Members who have read this thread: 4