Cessna 182K Photos Hard landing

Thread: Cessna 182K Photos Hard landing

Cessna 182K Photos Hard landing

Here is some photos of What Happends to a Cessna when it Runs out of speed! and Lift

The Passangers and Pilot and co Pilot Lived threw the crash Though Badly Hurt

Shot the following Photos At San Felipe Mexico Yesterday the Crash Happended Nov 5th

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Easy to see the cause, the door that was taped shut flew open and the additional drag caused the stall. Happens all the time.

It is interesting (to me anyway) that the combination of light, the colors of foliage combined with that retro brown paint scheme makes it look like a photo taken in the 70's or 80's

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    Easy to see the cause, the door that was taped shut flew open and the additional drag caused the stall. Happens all the time.

It is interesting (to me anyway) that the combination of light, the colors of foliage combined with that retro brown paint scheme makes it look like a photo taken in the 70's or 80's
    The door will NOT fly open.. the slip stream will prevent this. The only thing that will happen is a lot of wind noise. You pretty well have to land in order to secure the door. Pilots do this quite often. On a Cessna you can open the window and slow down with power all the way back and get it to latch.. This being taped, to me would suggest that the latch was broken.

RW pilot and flight instructor..

I agree Joe Don. Opened doors stalling airplanes doesn't happen all the time. The slipstream holds the door inward /closed. It may not be latched, but it certainly will not stall the airplane. In over 1500 hours I have had two doors pop on me. Never had a problem with it.

Don

Members who have read this thread: 1