rwhsim Heads off to London in the Little Beech - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rwhsim Heads off to London in the Little Beech

Off to Dubrovnik LDDU

Best split I can make of the 2 legs remaining. Winds on this leg again not great, Low pressure system seems stuck over Spain, so no help there! Hope I make it on fuel!

Taking off HEAX for LDDU

Disaster

Low on fuel had to land at LATI. Crashed into a mountain while handling bad weather, poorly planned approach, in the dark. Plane destroyed and with a crash like that no survivors I am afraid.

Real world commitments mean I probably cannot finish the race by 2morrows deadline. Had to do this leg now. Will finish as I can, when I am able just for the sake of it, but basically am out of the running on the official table.

Dang!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlightLog_17-58-16.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	15917FlightLog_17-58-16.TXT

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...YlxjLISMx8fbhA

Departing HEAX for LGAV

Just going to do a couple of short legs for the sake of finishing. No more racing the clock required.

Taking Off HEAX for LGAV

Bummer! Best of luck to you on the rest of the legs.. You ARE in the running for a top 3 in the H-Capped, hopefully you can do it.
    Roman

Landed LGAV

Name:	FlightLog_22-17-04.JPG 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	15921FlightLog_22-17-04.TXT

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...cWM8SiNO3WXVR0

Flight Time: 02:30:36
    Routine Ground Time: 00:45:00
    Special Ground Time: 00:00:00
    Penalty Time: 01:00:00 Crash and restart Flight at HEAX

Thanks Roman, gonna keep going. Was such a stupid mistake I made, basically over-reliance on OTTO. I should have kicked that AP off and pulled her up at soon as I saw the TAWS warning; trying to get AP to do it took seconds too long. Also looking at this leg to LGAV, time not too bad despite the winds, so I was trying to get too clever trying two long legs in this weather; the C90b cannot do it. Three short, fast legs would have done it. Guys are flying so well in this race there are just minutes separating the top rankings, and one mistake like this costs!

Off to Trieste LIPQ

Taking off LGAV for LIPQ

Landed LIPQ

Wall to wall clouds tops at around 10000 ft pretty much all the way from Athens.

Name:	FlightLog_02-45-25.JPG 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	15931FlightLog_02-45-25.TXT

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...513yTfhfe3jZys

Flight Time: 03:09:37
    Penalty Time: 00:00:00

Departing for EGUN

Well this is it I guess. Weather still being most unkind to racers toady, just have to make the best of it!

Taking-off LIPQ for EGUN

SOH-CM-2016
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhsim View Post
    Well this is it I guess. Weather still being most unkind to racers toady, just have to make the best of it!

Taking-off LIPQ for EGUN
    Good luck on your last leg! It's a beautiful day in Northern England, but it looks like Southern England is fogged in this morning.
    Martin (FS RTW Race pilot 2009-19)
    Win7 x64 | MSI X79A-GD65 | Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB

Landed safely at EGUN

And just to complete the whole racing story, a real permafigging morning welcome it was. ILS approach in an was only at the 500ft callout that the RW lights became visible, thank goodness dead-ahead ( sometimes default stuff in FSX /P3D can give one a nasty surprise here!). Glad to be in, and made good time (13mins ahead of plan) on this last leg.

FlightLog_19-16-52.TXTClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FlightLog_19-16-52.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	16005

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...fNUjWfsc2Sqhic

Flight Time: 02:55:20
    Penalty Time: 00:00:00

Name:	TouchdownEGUN.jpg 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	16007

Know it a dark pick but that's how it was! Touchdown at EGUN

SOH-CM-2016
    Well done on a great run.
    Win7 x64 | MSI X79A-GD65 | Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB

You made it! Congratulations!
    Roman

SOH-CM-2017
    Congrats to another "Beech" boy.
    Jeff
    "Providence Permittin"

Thank you everyone! Once again a big thank you to Miss Nellie and the race administration!

That was an altogether different experience to the run to Melbourne, with new lessons learned (planning and weather related). The Little Beech did her best (her pilot let her down, and if planes could take revenge, I am sure he would get a swipe across the ear from a wing-tip on the next pre-flight inspection!). Besides the crash spoiling a "clean sheet" , I think at times I made some errors in hunting winds at lower altitudes; better to face stronger headwinds at higher altitudes, in less dense air? Only really helps if one can get tailwinds at lower altitudes.

The ship will have to have its engines serviced after running so many hours at Max cruise power (torques 3010-3015, rpm 1900).

Not too far behind the Beech Boyz in the 200! Now just waiting for Big Brother Beech 350 to teach the King Air family a real lesson!

The race "bug" has bitten. Next I guess will be RTW 2015 in Feb sometime?

SOH-CM-2016
    Now just waiting for Big Brother Beech 350 to teach the King Air family a real lesson!
    Airbourne now, so won't be too long...

The race "bug" has bitten. Next I guess will be RTW 2015 in Feb sometime?
    It usually starts the weekend after St Valentines day. So my (unofficial) guess is that it would be Saturday 21 February, onwards. It typically lasts 3-5 days. Lots of fun!!

Congrats making it in to Mildenhall, even if it's with the standby bird.

FYI, the passengers on your crash flight were found by some tribe and their magical medicine man managed to keep them alive. They are slowly recovering from their injuries. That information came from locals that somehow managed to get in contact with the tribe.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 0