Ryan Navion LV-RHX

Thread: Ryan Navion LV-RHX

Ryan Navion LV-RHX

This scheme was recovered from a hard drive crash while on the Navions Dev team.
    Rebuilding this scheme basically from a box of parts! I've a ways to go yet.

Cheers Larry.

Full resolution here. Click the gear in the upper right hand corner. http://imgur.com/a/YZjbg#0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kDzjVoe.jpg   e00n4Zj.jpg  
    Last edited by OleBoy; November 18th, 2014 at 15:08. Reason: corrected reg#

Wow glad to see it coming together I remember when you first started on it but have not seen it since,will fly that paint a lot.

The nose pattern is causing a little trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    The nose pattern is causing a little trouble.
    Oleboy, that is an awesome paint scheme. I doooo look forward to that one Sir.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Nicely done - looks swell so far!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Very very good!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Work continues. A little interior upholstery updating.

As always, right-click, view-image

Neat!

I wish one could remove the GPS...I can live with digital radios in the 1980s, but a plainly visible GPS in the cockpit is kind of "Back To The Future" stuff.

I'm avoiding working on the nose. Wrong model. This scheme belongs on the "A" model.

Spare time today was spent working on the landing gear mainly.
    Still plenty more to do yet. I took a break and went for a flight. +/- 7500 ASL

Please do, right-click, view-image

Image was taken in Prepar3D v2.4. Full sliders, every option active but full traffic.

I'm avoiding working on the nose. Wrong model. This scheme belongs on the "A" model.

Spare time today was spent working on the landing gear mainly.
    Still plenty more to do yet. I took a break and went for a flight. +/- 7500 ASL

Please do, right-click, view-image

Image was taken in Prepar3D v2.4. Full sliders, every option active but full traffic.
    Looking great! P3Dv2.4 even better!
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I decided to increase the templates to 4096 as an experiment. I like the the results.

Increasing the size also taxes performance of the. I will release both 2048 x 2048 and 4096 x 4096 so those who download it can use which one works best for their system.

Take note of the detail in the first and consecutive images. Take note the better detail I brought out in the landing gear, nose art and decals in the last four images after reworking.
    http://imgur.com/a/YZjbg#0

LV-RHX is almost finished. A few minor things to take care of and I'll send it off to Rami to place it in the SOH library.

That is one sweet paint...
    and the VC... Doublecool

Thank you OleBoy

Continued work on detail

Thanks everyone!

The specular is almost where I like it. A little more tweaking yet, to remove a slight radiance effect.
    Form factor of the landing gear is also getting refined to depict greasy grunge at the pivots and rotation areas.
    Tire and wheel refinements are also coming along. Brakes, rotors, and other bits.
    Work on the checkered nose is finalized.

I like detail in case you ask why.
    If you choose to do a walk around, you'll know what something is from 50 feet away.

OleBoy, definitely keeping an eye on this thread. An immediate download as soon as this beauty becomes available. Thanks for all the hard work.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks, Tom.
    Standard rule for me, if I'm painting it, I like it. The LRD Ryan Navion meets (and exceeds in many ways) my expectations to truly enjoy virtual flight as a hobby. Eventually I'll step back and say, ok, my work is finished.

The one thing I do not like is the way Prepar3D displays chrome. I'm still experimenting with it.

Here's a shot showing the specular. New shoes and a bunch of main refinements too.

Adding TE detail. Here's a shot I took while viewing in sim.

Here's the scoop on this scheme. What I'd thought was almost finished (typical for me) and ready to upload, led me to seeing other things. Like a rock in my shoe, I had to fix it. I reworked every bit of my original 2048 templates to bring them up to the now 4096 detail. I did the repaint to look as if it is well maintained, polished, and waxed. I did however give the landing gear the usual hydraulic oil grunge and spatter, adding it also to the underside of the wing and fuselage.

Two things I want to address before I release.
    1] I'm at the point I need to do the specular files. To my eyes I'm seeing a red tinge I'm not liking, that I can't seem to make go away without it affecting the colors abnormally in other areas. It's frustrating. I'm also trying to give the paint the look of having depth without an over powering shine or gloss. No luck thus far.

2] I also am wanting to redo the bumps. Considering my sim is Prepar3d, doing this is different than creating them for FSX. I'm banging my head on my desk again.

1] I'm at the point I need to do the specular files. To my eyes I'm seeing a red tinge I'm not liking, that I can't seem to make go away without it affecting the colors abnormally in other areas. It's frustrating. I'm also trying to give the paint the look of having depth without an over powering shine or gloss. No luck thus far.
    Are you working with GIMP?
    Try exporting in .psd format and then convert it into .dds with Imagetool.

In effort to get this scheme uploaded I'm in need of one or two people to test in FSX and if applicable Prepar3d 2.4. The testers (at an arranged time) will be required to get on the SOH, Teamspeak server to critique in real time, so we have the ability to speak while testing. Once on TS I will provide links to the repaint.

Something of mention;
    The repaint is very large (165mb, .DDS 4096 x 4096) only at this time. Lesser machines will likely be pushed and hinder performance.
    My specs are I7-2600k/16gb/GTX570/SSD

My key concerns are how the Global_ENV and Speculars perform. Also other areas that may cause issues. My ears are open. I appreciate your help.

Once I'm happy with final results, I'll scale and convert to .BMP formats so it's less taxing and enjoyable for everyone.

Please reply by PM.

To Oleboy, Just a bump for on a sweet little paint for a wonderful freeware aircraft

Uploading High Definition 4096 x 4096 scheme

I don't have the time it will take to convert and resize at the moment, but thought I would upload for those interested. If someone wishes to convert the scheme to a lesser (BMP) taxing format, please do so everyone can enjoy it. Thanks in advance for your time to convert and share it with everyone.

I think those with upper end machines will appreciate the level of detail I've done.
    This scheme works great in LM Prepar3D v2.4. It should also be fine in FSX.

NOTE:
    The additional files residing in the texture folder, chrome_diff.dds, chrome_spec.dds & GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds are custom made to this model for P3Dv2.4 use. How they will work in FSX, I have no clue. One can easily just remove them from the folder (FSX users) or add what they normally use.

Look for the repaint in the SOH Library. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=3&id=19712
    Last edited by OleBoy; May 25th, 2015 at 09:44.

Lovely Aircraft
    Fine fine paint... Thank you OleBoy for sharing this one... really is doublecl

Like the grey interior... used it on a few others
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-6-1_22-11-15-692.jpg   2015-6-1_22-11-33-141.jpg  

Thanks for taking the time to comment, DC.
    As much of a headache as that one was to do, it was a fun scheme to recreate.

Incredible paint OleBoy. I'm enjoying this one immensely, thanks for your considerable and very effective creative efforts.

Hope you will do another as the Ryan is among my favorite low & slow flyers. I seem to fly it more than my A2A C182.

Members who have read this thread: 2