Aerosoft's F-14 Tomcat.....a small update
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aerosoft's F-14 Tomcat.....a small update

Aerosoft's F-14 Tomcat.....a small update

Posted on their facebook page.....

https://www.facebook.com/AerosoftF14

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Thanks for the HU sir.
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

I've been looking forward to this release for a long time. Nice to know that it looks like it'll only be a few more weeks!

The only sad part is that December 1st is a Monday, and I'll be at work!

Well there is my Chrissy Prezzy

Yep, she is amazing!

Be ready for this. It will be the biggest package in one "box" as You never seen for FSX .
    Not aircraft for days, not for weeks, for months if You love combat jet and TacPack and advanced avionics systems. Really big adventure and a fascinating trip to the past.

Model recived whole new textures of extranal too. Here the last view before RC version. Extra pictures for SOH :- ).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

YoYo, do you know if it will be P3DV2 ready?
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    YoYo, do you know if it will be P3DV2 ready?
    For sure. Yes it will be worked .... but some of combat functions (like TacPack) not.
    Im not sure only about the final installator - it will be both or FSX only (in this case You can grab files manually).

VC:

Last edited by YoYo; November 17th, 2014 at 13:33.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Very nice! Thanks
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Blog Entries
    Looks Awesome ... can't wait.

High quality payware boat with a cool free airplane included - I'm in! That's how the economics of this purchase will be rationalised.

And while I can guarantee my use ratio of boat : aircraft will be at least 10 : 1 ... since I'm a bigger fan of the A than the D Tomcat, it's no great hardship. I promise I'll take it up from time to time ...

Joking aside, I'm thrilled that it'll feature some lesser known squadrons. The VF-84 and VF-111 has been done to death (yawn). Inevitably, I get that it might be a near commercial necessity to include them - but kudos for thinking beyond the bones and suns to other smart and interesting squadron schemes. VF-114 is a great choice. Also glad they won't all be CAG birds.

Bring it on ...

dl

High quality payware boat with a cool free airplane included - I'm in!

Although this version looks stunning.. Dino's model fits all my F14 needs. The carrier is attractive mind you. Can't see any shadowing on the parked objects so can we have some close-ups please

ATB
    DaveB

Stunning photos. I am just as excited about getting USS KITTY HAWK. The last time I saw her was in the North Arabian Sea when I took a C-2 Greyhound flight ashore.

This indeed seems to be an impressive piece of work and very tempting. P3D compatibility will be a need for me. Although I have TacPack I haven't used it for a while.

On small question if anyone knows: Will the carrier wake effects be compatible with the P3D v2.4 3d waves? This is an annoying issue with all FSX carriers in P3D atm.

Awesome!
    Albeit I am quite happy with my own Tomcat... well, the "proper" Tomcat is the -A (with high-viz VF-84 markings for me)!!!
    Excellent work!

That model looks very promising!
    Looking forward to see more pics about it!

I want that carrier!!!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    I want that carrier!!!
    exactly my thoughts ... The Tomcat, it is a Aerosoft jobbie , so that is a no brainer ..... A thought was it or did I ask or mention is this carrier, if was Miltiplay able ? .. have someone drive it while we can bring a bunch of us Carrier ... "Naval Aviators" come on board.

Is Tacpack required or an option?

Quote Originally Posted by swimeye View Post
    Is Tacpack required or an option?
    Option.

Here is a list of features that will work for users without TacPack or with TacPack disabled:

 You can load any allowed weapon configuration from the Payload Manager and weapons will appear under the wings; weapons and stores will affect aircraft weight and symmetry;
     The Aerosoft F-14 has a fully functioning radar that does not need TacPack to operate – you will be able to use the various radar modes and scan patterns, lock targets and get their data on the HUD;
     When the gun is selected, the HUD will display a lead-computing optical gunsight, perfect for dog- fighting practice – if the enemy aircraft is under the gunsight, you can call “Trigger down!” and end the engagement;

However the real power of the Tomcat can be unleashed when TacPack is running:

 The missiles you loaded under the wings will now be active missiles, the missile indicators in the cockpit will reflect the current loadout and the weapon legends on the HUD and VDI will report type and number of the currently selected weapon; the gun is loaded with 676 rounds;
     The currently selected missile (Sparrow or Phoenix) can be slaved to the current single target track; the Sidewinder infrared seeker head is active and can lock a target;
     When the radar is in Track While Scan mode it can send target information to the Phoenix missile for beyond visual range shot without alerting the enemy;
     Accurate missile symbology will appear on the HUD and VDI – missile Azimuth Steering Error circle, Rmin and Rmax ranges, and shoot cues;
     Missiles can be released, they will follow realistic flight trajectory and can destroy an enemy aircraft in single player and in multiplayer (when he is also running TacPack);
     The gun can be used to shoot down a bandit when in the guns range;
     The RWR (radar warning receiver) will warn for incoming threats;
     Chaff and flare can be released to distract enemy missiles;
     Iron bombs can be dropped using CCIP delivery mode and will blast ground targets;

Thanks for the very informative explanation.

Another TacPack feature (which I'm sure YoYo can demonstrate in pictures better than me) is the TV Camera Set (TCS) that allows visual identification of targets up to 10nm away.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Another TacPack feature (which I'm sure YoYo can demonstrate in pictures better than me) is the TV Camera Set (TCS) that allows visual identification of targets up to 10nm away.
    For sure .

Missiles can be released, they will follow realistic flight trajectory and can destroy an enemy aircraft in single player and in multiplayer (when he is also running TacPack);
    Am an ignoramus re TacPack. How can this work exactly? Before "graduating" to FS9 almost ten years ago, I started flight simming with Falcon 4.0/Freefalcon and Lock-on. Both had good combat/campaign engines that FS lacks, so enemy a/c would spawn randomly and try to shoot you down (and often did!) and vice versa. Weapons a-a or a-g would fly to and destroy targets visually. Great fun!

Does TacPack do this in "normal" FSX free flight mode (if so, intrigued how) or does it all have to be pre-cooked in a "mission"?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 2