FSX: The 1940 Fokker T.5 bomber released - Page 3
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: FSX: The 1940 Fokker T.5 bomber released

Oh man, that looks so very nice! So sweet!

The tailwheel is modelled today. It is rather delicate in my opinion. There's the fixed strut, with a hydraulic cylinder inside. The lower part can rotate around the 'vertical' axis, but not move. The fork can rotate around the lateral axis and is damped with a small axle that goes through both strut parts. In the last image, I tried to replicate this, I hope it is clear for you.

dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Beautiful!

Cees

Yesterday I made a good start with the tail turret. Difficult thing!

It sure is a difficult thing as it can rotate and the hatches can be opened to stick out the machine gun. Perhaps an ingenious design, but I think even for the rear gunners it must have been a "difficult thing" to operate it.................

Cheers,
    Huub

Great work Daan!

Cees

Thanks! It's difficult for me because of the unusual rotation axes. I experienced the same problem with the D.21 cockpit doors, but there's a good workaround for this.

There you go. I made the doors in the tailturret tonight. I'm satisfied about this, but the local rotations will give me problems some day.

Doors closed. The tailgun should stick out of these doors.

Doors open:

Hi Daan, I think for the movie it will be nice to model the doors in open position with the gun pointing out. But personally I don't think you should put too much effort in modelling the animations of the turret. Its a nice gadget, but not really more than that. When you are able to find sufficient information to model the VC(s) I think the majority will be interested to fly the model and not to play with its turret.

But I think you have caught the shape of the turret very nicely!

Just my personal opinion,
    Huub

Huub, thanks! Indeed I try to focus on things that are needed for the movie. For the animation: I like to create an exit_x animation with opening doors and extending gun. In the tailturret VC, I think about creating a simple dragging gauge or draggable ring to rotate the entire cone. This won't be very difficult because I can use parenting.

But, that's something for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Great work Daan!

Cees
    I can repeat myself again! :-)

Cees

It's wonderful, dutcheeseblend! :thumbup:
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Just recovering from a first-release-stress-day

I detailed the engine cowling area and made the cowl flaps. I also added the exhaust and inlets.

In the rear section, a door is provided as main entrance.

The flaps have a strange configuration. The nacelle's rear end in fact blocked the inboard flap, so the cut that chunk of and attached it to the flap, basically. This is no fantasy! There are photographs where we can see the split.

Holly Molly this thing is going to be sooo sweet!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Cees

Thanks!

I made the cowl flaps/cooling gills and animated them (done using bones, hope it will work in FSX).

Closed:

Open:

After searching online for good references on these gills, I have the idea that the Bristol Blenheim has the same system.

The inner workings have to be made yet. This will be a bit of fantasy, there's no photo of the T.5 where we can see it. The only thing I know is that the gills were driven by a Rotax-engine N3 EC. Ah, and with Mollart linkages... So in fact, the maximum gill angle is 30 deg now, since I don't know that either.

Looking very good, Daan!

Cees

A nice Christmas "gift" Daan!
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Nice progress this week! I learned rigging and tried to apply it on my Fokker T.5 main landing gear. After numerous trials, I finally got a true mechanical animation, so I'm happy about that.
    There were sleeves around the actuators (as can be seen in my previous WIP images), but since they're difficult to rig (for me at least) and have a lot more vertices, I'm considering leaving them and use blank actuators instead.
    Wheel still missing here. I should rig that too...

Gear extended:

Partly retracted:

Fully retracted:

Nice work Daan, you really are making great progress!

Huub

Today I started the interior for the exterior model. Nose section is done so far.

Cees

Next step, though incomplete, was the creation of the mid-section internals. I said: incomplete. Anyway...

Mid-section from the right. The arrows are for reference questions. So, if anyone has references on these positions... (take a look at the Nederlandse Luchtvaart Forum for special thread...)

Seen from the nose section, aft. Note: cockpit is not equipped with an interior yet!

Seen from above, the second pilot/gunner's station.

Man, I love this so very much!

Wow what a great model! :-) Bravo Daan!
    Miro

Ok, made my official first flight today! Since I never made the official D.21 first flight in fact, I now decided to do it a bit fancy Location is Eindhoven Welschap, made by Cees.

There she is, next to the civilian relative F.36.

As you can see, I didn't configure the contactpoints yet. It is based upon the default DC3 now...

One more time. Basic material colors still, no texturing yet.

Come aboard! The main entry was at the right side, behind the wing.

This is what the cockpit looks at the moment. I made today the framework for the Solothurn cannon, to be placed in the nose cone.

From the position of the tailgunner, one's got a very nice view. Here you see both the old Welschap and Eindhoven AB!

Near Bergen, a shot from the tail gunner turret. Enough detail for the exterior model IMHO.

Coming in at Welschap!

The T.5 will now go the the hangar for modifications and further development!

Members who have read this thread: 3