Thread: FSX: The 1940 Fokker T.5 bomber released

Up-and-running!

Texturing the tail section.

Cheers, Daan
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Looking great Daan!

Cees

Very well done Daan! I just realised this project is entering its six year now.................

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks guys!

Yup, I started work on it in September 2014... Remember I joked to you, Huub, when we were at the Crash museum? You pointed me the T.5: "That would be a nice project too". Well, I said, that's five 'cockpits' so the five-fold of the D.21 development time.
    We'll see where it ends. As for now, the progress is pleasing me, and I'm having fun at it again. I've been through difficult times, and my life was so different when I started this project.

Cheers!

Daan, a very happy new year!! May all your wishes come true and the T-5 in the air......

hertzie

Thank you Erik! Happy new year to you as well!

So, most of the basic texturing of the tail interior is done.

And a nice shot of the fuselage.

Cheers, Daan

Very nice shot of the fuselage! The amount detail is stunning!

Cheers,
    Huub

I really love that last shot of the whole fuselage interior. Outstanding work Daan.

Ken

Just a short update from me. I finished texturing the rear turret.

Cheers!

Looks good Daan, what is still on your "to-do list" as the model must be nearly finished by now.

Cheer,
    Huub

Thanks Huub! As for now, I'm implementing most leftover functionalities, but I'm pretty much finished with that. Next up would be either updating the exterior model or creating spec maps for the interior. The latter has been done, somewhere in 2016, but after the September 2016 beta, I retextured the complete interior.

Just found a little time to spend flying this machine.

The recently fitted tail turret.

Showing that all movements are animated.

A peek from the right waist window, just next to the door.

And, to conclude, a view forward from the second pilot's jumpseat, just after landing.

Cheers, Daan

Whoow!! that is really looking impressive!!

That's an astounding compilation of creative work.

Just amazing.

You must have gone a long way to gather research material for this project. Have you been in contact with any museums or historical archivists during the process?

The reason I ask, is that this project seems well beyond all but a few flightsim creations, and in my view describes some real historic clarity about this aircraft, and what it would have been like to conduct operations in it. ( I would not want to be in the tail and see a Messerschmitt racing up behind me!!)

Certainly, the strength, the fragility, and the claustrophobic reality of the machine seem perfectly illustrated in your work.

I could definitely see this model on a computer at a Dutch aviation or war museum, as an interactive display for visitors.

Thank you magoo for your comment! Indeed I have been in contact with archives and museums. The model we see is a documentation of everything I know about the plane.
    There's something paradoxal on this: on one hand, we want to know how it was back in the days, operating and seeing this airplane. On the other hand, the only way of finding out, is recreating it. So I'm re-living those days in my own creation, which gives both a good and a strange feeling.

In the past few weeks, I've spent a lot of time on the T.5, although most of it is not directly visible.
    Among others, I reviewed and updated the flight dynamics, according to the available data. Now it's pretty much on the numbers.
    I also did some systems modelling and spec texturing.

Although I'm pretty well progressing, it's not finished yet.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    And I thought the first beta version many moons ago was already impressive.....

The only thing I could nitpick (And it really is a tiny thing..) might be the colour of the fire extinguishers. Not sure if those were already red in those days. Seems green or brass was mostly used in the WW2 era.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Great news!

The T.5 is ready for (final) beta! I intend to gather the same team as in the last beta (september 2016!), but feel free to join. Just let me know.

Few pics for fun:

It's over six years now that I started the project. It's been a long journey, with a lot of things passing by in my personal life. Yet, I am very proud on the final result! I learned to appreciate the airplane through this process. However, in Dutch aviation history, the plane is not very popular and mostly put aside as "flying coffin" or "worthless".

Regards, Daan

Hello,

-Very beautiful,Daan!

Alain
    -

Breath taking beauty!

Cees

Lang gewacht, stil gezwegen, nooit gedacht en ..............

Ja, ècht waar ??????

En nog vòòr Sinterklaas ????

WOW !!

hertzie

Hey Daan,

I would love to try to convert this magnificent bird to MSFS and test her in that sim for you. But of course, there are real guru's on this site that could do it for you!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I have been following this project for years here and am very happy to see it ready to fly. Would love to help test.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 3