FSX: The 1940 Fokker T.5 bomber released - Page 17
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: FSX: The 1940 Fokker T.5 bomber released

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Let me guess..... is his first name Pim?

Very well done Daan .

Cheers,
    Huub
    Spot on, Huub!

Working on the shaping ribs of the rear fuselage section.

Cheers!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

As usual, all I can say is, "Wow!" Great work.

Not much room to move for the rear gunner...... I assume he was not in his "flight" position during take off.

Cheers,
    Huub

Not much room to move for the rear gunner...... I assume he was not in his "flight" position during take off.
    Correct Huub! He sat on a jumpseat right behind the radio-operator.
    Rear fuse (tailgunner) to front. Jumpseat should be just below the curtain.

Oh, can't help teasing

Not (yet) for a simulation model this time, though. Maybe in a later stadium, I'll tell some more. For now, just wanted to show this since I'm proud at the model!

Compared with the T.V the G.1 must be quite easy. I'm amazed to see how much information you were able to gather for this not very well known medium bomber. Compared with the T.V there is much more (accurate) information available for the G.1.

Years ago I didn't expect to see a Fokker D.XXI in FSX, but now I have a complete squadron. The T.V is even more rare, so the fact I will be able to explore one in the (near) future is a miracle. I hope you will keep surprising me with a finished model of the G.1, because so far, most G.1 projects ended unfinished......

Cheers,
    Huub

Great about G.1!
    I had (paper) model like this:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post

Oh, can't help teasing

Not (yet) for a simulation model this time, though. Maybe in a later stadium, I'll tell some more. For now, just wanted to show this since I'm proud at the model!

Well, now that's a surprise! Looking good Daan!

Cees

Season greetings

We'll see guys, we'll see...
    I remember Huub, talking with you in CRASH back in 2014 while looking at a T.5 scale model, how you suggested to do this bird

In the meanwhile:
    From me, Christmas blessings and best wishes for 2019!

There is (almost) light at the end of the tunnel

Cheers,
    Huub

In the past few weeks, I've added the walking ramp in the rear fuselage.

And I started detailing the tail turret

Great work again Daan. The model will be so detailed, that I wonder whether it will still work on my aging system....
    The rotating "turret" is the same on the G-1 so you are making progress on that model as well.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thank you Huub!

I can't help having respect for those guys: just all wood and fabric around you, while defending yourself against a flock of fire-spitting Messerschmitts...

It's always great to see pics of your progress.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Thank you!

Well, I was able to model the gun yoke thanks to someone with the CAD drawings...

Wow! Very impressive and detailed modelling. It looks like a great project.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Hi Daan,

You have been a bit quiet here, but really great to see you are still working on this one

Greetings,
    Huub

Yes Huub, it's the real life, I guess. I was on holiday to Israel for a few weeks, were quite busy at difficult projects at work, and so on...

Well, in the meanwhile I got underway with my T.5. I feel like I'm pretty much up-to-date with the progress (altough it's entering the sixth year of development now...).
    I modelled the radio-operator's gunner position. It also served as an entrance and escape (fuselage door). The lower hatch was hinged upwards for sticking out a gun.

Cheers!

Hi guys,

I feel a little proud and grateful. I've just finished, say, 98% of the modelling work on the interior. Of the leftover parts, 1% won't ever be modelled (that's the freedom I grant myself) and 1% will most likely be encountered during the upcoming processes.
    So, for the moment, the model is 'finished'.

Well, the last things have been done on the interior of the fuselage rear section. I added machine gun posts, ammo drums, some other small stuff and, most interestingly, a 'message gutter'. Apparently, one envisioned the marconist to communicate with the tailgunner using a kind of tube post. I do not have any reference of this in the original manual, nor on photographs (only 11 of the fuselage back interior, most of them in wrecked state). The only reason for me to add this feature, is that I found a drawing in the National Archives of this gutter, complete with suspension and mounting instructions. The gutter ran from just behind the marconist's curtain to the tailgunner.

So, a view to the back, from the marconist's position

View forward, from the tailgunner

Guys, thanks for your attention!

Cheers, Daan

As I already said many times before Daan, the model looks absolutely stunning. I'm glad the model is nearly done. Now the mapping and texturing can begin!

I admire your perseverance. There are not many developers, who are able to finish a project as complex as this one, on their own.

Cheers,
    Huub

It's fascinating that the combination rendering technology and craftsman skill are bringing us portraiture like this where you can actually see enough to appreciate how the aircraft was engineered and constructed.

It also displays quite clearly how confining the interior of this particular machine was. One has to wonder how vunerable a crew member would feel climbing down into the tail gun position, and face off against a tailing enemy fighter.

It looks to me like he wouldn't wear his parachute down that corridor (so much to tangle on...), and that even without it, there's no room to turn around. Shimmy head first to the gun position, shimmy backwards to retreat. Or is it tall enough for a crouching or kneeling access...?

Could the glazed tail housing be ejected in case a bail out was required?

Naw....he'd still need his parachute...looks grim...

Stunning work, Sir.

As I already said many times before Daan, the model looks absolutely stunning. I'm glad the model is nearly done. Now the mapping and texturing can begin!

I admire your perseverance. There are not many developers, who are able to finish a project as complex as this one, on their own.

Cheers,
    Huub
    What Huub said Daan!

Cees

Absolutely amazing attention to detail! Great work Daan.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I like the reference to 'Marconist'....my father 'graduated' from the Marconi school of Wireless in Sydney [Aust] in the late 30's and went on to the Army Signals WW2 before Flight Service for 30 years with the DCA running various Aerodromes in the 50's, 60's and 70's ending up at YMML, only to retire and be a Ham until he turned up his toes...VK3-DEK ....

....and yep, the model's looking superb....

Members who have read this thread: 3