Black water. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black water.

If you are using FSWC Public Preview just select the "North Atlantic" preset and apply. Then load the sim and see if you have any kind of decent results. If your water is once again viable try to start adjusting sliders....but again...only small adjustments. After each adjustment reload the sim to see the results. I would only move the sliders by 5% at a time as large movements create drastic results.
    ~Justin

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . ." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Ok. I will try that. Thanks.

Ah where to I put the north atlantic file?
    If I click on it I get a message can't open it.
    Anthin.

Just so we're clear....you are using this version of FSWC correct? http://www.strikingsoftware.com/foru...p?topic=2982.0
    ~Justin

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . ." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Yes that is the version I am using.
    Anthin.

You shouldn't have to put any files anywhere. The UI should do it for you. The UI will not uninstall though. Just click the North Atlantic preset and click apply.
    ~Justin

Thanks Will try that.

Water is now a dark blue. Going to take a break now and thanks.
    Anthin.

Justin do you think Rex 4 will work with fswc. It did with fswc lite.
    Wish I could go back to that combination.
    Also I can't figure out how to follow the path to the shaders 10. Any help there would be
    appreciated.
    Anthin.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthin View Post
    Also I can't figure out how to follow the path to the shaders 10. Any help there would be appreciated.
    Anthin.
    Glad to see you're getting your water back. Follow the path I noted in post #6 above. It should be either on your C: or E: drive. When all else fails try to search "FSX" (the name of the folder you're looking for).

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

I think my problem is I don't understand how to follow the path.
    How do I start. I have tried typing the path you suggested but it
    is not reconised. If you could explain exactly the steps it would be great.
    Anthin.

First click on the Windows globe in the very lower left corner of your screen. When the menu pops up click on "Computer" which will bring up a screen that shows all your drives. Click on the C:/ drive, then simply follow the folders. On the C:/ drive you'll see a folder named "Users", then inside that folder you'll see at least three folders and click on the one that has your name, next you'll see a bunch of folders... click on the folder named "AppData", then click on the folder named "Local", then the folder named "Microsoft", and finally the folder named "FSX". Inside that last folder will be the "Shaders" and "Shaders10" folders. If it's not on the C:/ drive try the same routine on the E:/ drive. If this still doesn't get you there try to do a search for "Shaders10" (although you must be certain the the "Shaders10" folder you find is the one you're looking for... it must be at the end of the path I outlined above).

HTH

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Thanks Greg will try it shortly.

Thank you Greg. Worked a treat. I might have a think of FSWC lite
    back on as it works in conjunction with Rex 4. I guess if I uninstalled
    FSWC and then deleted DX10 shaders let it rebuild. Then install Lite..
    Do you think that might work?
    Anthin.

I could be the wrong guy to ask (don't use REX4 and stopped using FSWC some time ago after going to DX10) but you really can't do any harm deleting the Shaders10 folder. The sim will simply make a new one next time you fly.

Greg

Thank you Greg once again.
    Anthin.

One last question on this subject.
    The best way to uninstall FSWC and if I get rid of this program
    then delete DX10 shaders,will I then have default shaders after
    rearting FSX?

I really want to go back to my combination of FSW Lite and Rex 4
    which was really incredible.

Here's hoping
    Anthin.

Wait, you want to uninstalled a superior, completely rewritten, newer version of FSWC and go back to an older version because you can't figure out how to use the new version?

The concept behind the new FSWC is literally the same as FSWC Lite. All you have to do is select a preset and click "Apply." I would recommend against using the sliders if you're having trouble figuring out what they do.

Yes,Yes. I had great water textures but what I have now are crap.
    I desperately want to get my old textures back. Beauty is in the eye
    of the beholder.

Hoping someone will answer my question.

The Shaders10 will be rebuilt after you delete them no matter how you have the sim configured or the add-ons you choose. The sim will look at the textures you have installed and the settings you choose (including those of a third party water configurator) and make the shaders accordingly. The trick is to get the textures back to the configuration you had before.

Good luck,

Greg

That does not sound good. I really want to reinstall FSWC Lite.
    I really do not want to reinstall FSX.

Anthin.

I just can't understand why you'd give up on newer, better software. It's as easy as clicking one button to apply a water preset that's already configured properly (just like FSWC Lite).

For example, one of the DX10 presets, Acadia, should result in something similar to this: (colors and waves may vary slightly if you're using REX, as their textures are different than default.)

No editing of sliders necessary if you don't know what to change. It's already nice "out of the box."

Also, FSWC does not modify your textures. It modifies the shaders.

As I said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My combo
    of Lite and Rex was incredible. I was very happy with it
    period. What I have now is utter Crappola!

This is not an answer to my straight forward question.

And BTW Rex does not work with this.

It was incredible? Then why try changing it in the first place?

It may not be an answer to your question, but if you try what I suggested, it might help. I'm not really sure what your process was for applying the shader settings, so I'm just offering suggestions starting at the basics.

REX is compatible with FSWC. REX is a texture modification. FSWC is a shader modification. As I just tested for myself, they both work together without issue.

Finally managed to get it sorted. Thanks everyone.
    Anthin.

Now i`m the stupid with FSWC.
    Can`t get back my default water.Deleted the Shader folder a few times but no luck.
    Any idea?
    Mike
    Last edited by big-mike; November 11th, 2014 at 08:24.

Members who have read this thread: 0