CFS 2 stop working
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CFS 2 stop working

CFS 2 stop working

Hello all,

My CFS 2 does not start today, but yesterday its works fine.

All my CFS Folders ( Called MTO, ETO, PTO) Does not starting CFS 2.

I have installed today the Essex Campaign, but nothing in the ETO and MTO installations.

I Have starting my Vanilla Backup, the same problem.

Have anyone a solution for this problem?

My System is a Windows 7 64 Bit Home Edition, Nvidia GForce 670 GTX Intel Core I5-3570 CPU, 3.40 ghz, 8 GB Ram.

OR must i delete ALL CFS2 Folders and Reinstall the Game?

Elsner, check out this thread

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-will-not-load

it might help you

Thank you Uncle, but i have not found a solution for the problem.

I Have reinstall the CFS 2, delete the registry folders but, the game crashes after the CFS1 or CFS 2 Setting on the first CFS 2 start.

Here are the dialog of the Failure Message

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: CFS2.ICD
    Application Version: 7.50.0.917
    Application Timestamp: 39c5a653
    Fault Module Name: main.dll
    Fault Module Version: 7.50.0.917
    Fault Module Timestamp: 39c5aa05
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00008e02
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1031
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Icon12

Elsner,

Do you have to put "disk 2" into the drive, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Elsner,

Do you have to put "disk 2" into the drive, or not?
    Yes, i install with Disk one, and finally with disk 2.

I Have disk 2 in the drive to start cfs 2.

EDIT: I have deletet ALL CFS 2 ETO/MTO/PTO Installations, deleted from registry ect.

But have the same problem

Lightbulb

Hi Elsner,

I have a very similar system to yours. I have several installs running, & always have a vanilla install on a separate back up drive & a zip on a memory stick.

I have no problems running any of these installs.

Mind you, I never bother putting disk 2 in my drive anymore.

As I mentioned in the thread I referenced you to, although CFS2 doesn't seem to write anything to the registry, anecdotal evidence suggests it does have some sort of counter, & the executable seems to cease workings once those number of reads of disk 2 have been exceeded. There is a work around, & it is mentioned in the thread.

Before you ditch your installs, try it & see if it works.

If this doesn't work, there may be something wrong with your installation disks (I'm assuming you're installing for disk each time, & not just unzipping an archived install here). If that's the case & you don't have a good install to start from, you need to search the web for some CFS 2 disks to buy.

Hope this helps.

impossible de charger CFS2

j'ai le meme probleme que vous depuis ce matin et le plus curieux c'est que j'ai installé mon CFS2 ( ce nest pas une copie piratée ) sur mon portable et lui aussi il refuse d'installer le jeux . A quoi joue Microsoft ?????

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Hi Elsner,

I have a very similar system to yours. I have several installs running, & always have a vanilla install on a separate back up drive & a zip on a memory stick.

I have no problems running any of these installs.

Mind you, I never bother putting disk 2 in my drive anymore.

As I mentioned in the thread I referenced you to, although CFS2 doesn't seem to write anything to the registry, anecdotal evidence suggests it does have some sort of counter, & the executable seems to cease workings once those number of reads of disk 2 have been exceeded. There is a work around, & it is mentioned in the thread.

Before you ditch your installs, try it & see if it works.

If this doesn't work, there may be something wrong with your installation disks (I'm assuming you're installing for disk each time, & not just unzipping an archived install here). If that's the case & you don't have a good install to start from, you need to search the web for some CFS 2 disks to buy.

Hope this helps.

probleme avec CFS2

en fait j'ai 2 jeux CFS2 dont un en réserve et lui aussi refuse de s'installer sur mes 2 ordinateurs !!!!!!

Bonjour Dombrai,

Quelle version de windows est installée sur ton ordi? T'as déjà regardé dans le observateur d'évènements?

Tiens-nous au courant stp!

Bàt,

Dumonceau

Hier der Event fehlertext:

Faulting application name: CFS2.ICD, version: 7.50.0.917, time stamp: 0x39c5a653
    Faulting module name: main.dll, version: 7.50.0.917, time stamp: 0x39c5aa05
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00008e02
    Faulting process id: 0xf1c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cffb7cb23c9676
    Faulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\CFS2.ICD
    Faulting module path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\MODULES\main.dll
    Report Id: fec51eb2-676f-11e4-be44-bc5ff48a9d7e

a other warning:

The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.

mon PC est équipé de window XP et le portable de Vista .

Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post
    Hier der Event fehlertext:

Faulting application name: CFS2.ICD, version: 7.50.0.917, time stamp: 0x39c5a653
    Faulting module name: main.dll, version: 7.50.0.917, time stamp: 0x39c5aa05
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00008e02
    Faulting process id: 0xf1c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cffb7cb23c9676
    Faulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\CFS2.ICD
    Faulting module path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\MODULES\main.dll
    Report Id: fec51eb2-676f-11e4-be44-bc5ff48a9d7e

a other warning:

The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.
    I'm afraid your CD is damaged mate...

Dombrai,

je crains que t'as le même problème que ElsnerMarkus. Mais regardes d'abord dans l'observateur d'évènements!

Dumonceau

Dombrai,

je crains que t'as le même problème que ElsnerMarkus. Mais regardes d'abord dans l'observateur d'évènements!

Dumonceau

EDIT: je viens d'éssayer une installation sur ma machine Win7, et je n'ai aucun problème... Bizar!

I Have installed the new Driver for the 670gtx 3 days ago.

But this can not the problem.

Hm, i have my Cds 10 years.......

je viens de mettre mon CD2 de réserve , il est pratiquement neuf et pourtant CFs2 ne fonctionne pas . Il doit y avoir une intrusion sur mon ordinateur , un virus ou une malveillance de microsoft ?

Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post
    I Have installed the new Driver for the 670gtx 3 days ago.

But this can not the problem.

Hm, i have my Cds 10 years.......

unless there are scratches the disks should be fine. I have cds that are older then 10 years that still work fine. see if you can clone a copy of them. if you can then you can use those to save your originals. If it won't clone then it would be posible that they are wornout or damaged.

i'm thinking it could be the drivers. I would try rolling back your driver. see what happens there. if all of your installs are affected then that to me sounds like my first area to look.

If it starts to work after the roll back then i would get the no cd patch. that way you can save your disks.

just my thoughts.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

T'as vu des messages d'erreur lors de l'installation?

Elsner,
    Wenn Ihre CDs werden nicht zerkratzt oder Fingerabdrücke oder andere Fremdkontamination,
    Ich glaube, Sie müssen eine bösartige Software Befall auf Ihrem Computer haben.

Ich empfehle die Freeware-Version von Malwarebytes Anti-Malware-Software.
    Ich benutzte es für mehrere Monate vor dem Kauf der Vollversion.

Ich habe CFS2 CDs, die mindestens zehn Jahre alt sind und beide gut funktionieren, obwohl ich sie verwenden selten. Ich habe mehrere CFS2 installiert mit nur kleinere Probleme von Zeit zu Zeit aufgrund meiner Fehler von Installationen von Add-on Szenerie, Flugzeuge, Schiffe, etc ..

Außerdem habe ich eine unberührte Installation von CFS2 ich kopieren und einfügen statt Neuinstallation off der CDs.

Ihre CFS2 Probleme klingen wie Malware oder Treiber Inkompatibilität.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    DD73
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Elsner,
    If your CDs are not scratched or have fingerprints or other foreign contamination,
    I believe you must have a malicious software infestation on your computer.

I highly recommend the freeware version of Malwarebytes anti-malware software.
    I used it for several months before purchasing the full version.

I have CFS2 CDs that are at least ten years old and both work fine, though I seldom use them. I have several CFS2 installs with only minor problems from time to time due to my error of installations of add-on scenery, aircraft, ships, etc..

Also, I have a pristine install of CFS2 I copy and paste instead of reinstalling off of the CDs.

Your CFS2 problems sound like malware or driver incompatibility.

Best regards,
    DD73
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

HEllo Devildog.

I Have install the older Driver ( from October 2014) of my GTX 670.

The same problem. ( Strange on 5th November i have play with no problems with this driver, the newest is from 6 November). I use no beta drivers.

I Install at the moment anti malewarebytes.

ich vermute ebenfalls, dass es maleware ist!

Elsner,

Another question: Have you used any programs like CCleaner?

The reason is that CCLeaner and programs like it will delete many files CFS2 needs.

Eine weitere Frage: Haben Sie irgendwelche Programme wie CCleaner verwendet?

Der Grund dafür ist, dass CCleaner und Programme wie es viele Dateien CFS2 braucht löschen.

DD73
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Ja, den CCleaner habe ich drauf.

Oh, dass wusste ich nicht.

Wäre es am besten, den ganzen PC nochmal neu aufzusetzen?

Anti malewarebytes hat ebenfalls nichts gefunden

Edit:

Den CCleaner habe ich erst am Freitag installiert!

Since Malwarebytes found nothing, I would re-install CFS2 in a new location, perhaps C:\Combat Flight Simulator 2

You will have to "REM" the other locations of your installs before doing the fresh install. I would not uninstall the others.

After installing a new, fresh copy, see if you can start and fly in it.

Also, I have stopped using CCLeaner and uninstalled it. It solved many problems, but also caused several with CFS2.

Ja, ich würde das tun, was Sie vorschlagen.

Ich würde CFS2 an einem neuen Standort neu zu installieren, vielleicht C: \ Combat Flight Simulator 2
    Sie werden zu "REM" die anderen Standorte Ihrer, bevor Sie die neue Installation installiert haben. Ich würde die anderen nicht deinstallieren.
    Nach dem Einbau einer neuen, frischen Kopie, sehen, wenn Sie starten und fliegen in ihm.

Außerdem habe ich CCleaner deinstalliert und verwenden Sie es nicht mehr. Es löste viele Probleme, aber verursacht mehrere mit CFS2.

Gutes Glück mit Ihrem Unterfangen. (Oder, "Veil Glück"?? Meine Tippfähigkeiten der Deutschen so schlecht ist.)
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Members who have read this thread: 0