Razbam a-7e fde - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Razbam a-7e fde

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Huh - thanks gents.

Well, if the reason for the change in contact points was to change the stance - with which I never had an issue in the first place, since it taxied fine for me, so long as I didn't make abrupt directional changes on a fast taxi (obvious) - and which, while not perfect, had enough of a "nose up" attitude close enough, esp when fueled correctly - then I'll just edit the contact point section back to how it was - will try that tonight.

Appreciate the feedback.

Regards,
    Found something, I adjusted the MOI and the vibes were gone:

empty_weight_pitch_MOI = 44172
    empty_weight_roll_MOI = 25000 ;154470
    empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 65000 ;449986
    empty_weight_coupled_MOI = 976

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post

Henk, you're killing my vibe! ... and in this case, that's great!

Can't wait to try. I will try tonight when I get home.

Many thanks in advance, though!

dl

Glad you found this solution. I have had a few aircraft that have had this issue, or others have had problems with it. It does seem to vary with different systems. On occasion it can be so minute as to move a parked aircraft into a different direction after considerable time. It may be related to a harmonic interaction with the gear compression ratios.

Cheers. T

Which version(s) of the RAZBAM A-7 was the above meant for?

Again BIG Kudos!

They also appreciate ;D :

@gray eagle, D/E (vol.1).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

hahahahaha

ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries

If I were Kim Jong Un were just one day ...

... we'd have an annual medal ceremony just for all our wonderfully prolific repainters and FDE fixers.

From R to L:

Zsolt, Hschuit, Hae905, DaveQ, Bomber12th, Warchild, Jeansy, Jankees, Duckie, and Gradyhappy. That's not all-inclusive list - that's just as many as my camera lens would show. Wide-angle lenses are wanton symbols of imperialist capitalist aggression, plus they've not yet been discovered here.

Model builders, sound, and scenery gurus would each get their own medal day, (definitely bring your long-pant uniforms, Mr. Young, Mr. Stinstrom, Calclassic, and MAIW teams - just your tunics alone won't cut it that day ...)

who's with me?

so - yes - thanks!!!

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    ... we'd have an annual medal ceremony just for all our wonderfully prolific repainters and FDE fixers.

From R to L:

Zsolt, Hschuit, Hae905, DaveQ, Bomber12th, Warchild, Jeansy, Jankees, Duckie, and Gradyhappy. That's not all-inclusive list - that's just as many as my camera lens would show. Wide-angle lenses are wanton symbols of imperialist capitalist aggression, plus they've not yet been discovered here.

Model builders, sound, and scenery gurus would each get their own medal day, (definitely bring your long-pant uniforms, Mr. Young, Mr. Stinstrom, Calclassic, and MAIW teams - just your tunics alone won't cut it that day ...)

who's with me?

so - yes - thanks!!!

dl
    I've never seen mil dudes adorned with so many "BUICK" hubcaps, even on their trou....?
    I can imagine the ordeal when dude sends his uniform out to be pressed for a pop inspection

hahahahaha

I've not laughed so much in ages

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I've never seen mil dudes adorned with so many "BUICK" hubcaps, even on their trou....?
    I can imagine the ordeal when dude sends his uniform out to be pressed for a pop inspection
    Easy, its a known photo, photoshop :] but who cares .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    hahahahaha

I've not laughed so much in ages

ATB
    DaveB
    +1 ... Who in the world came up with the idea to pin medals on their pants, simply brilliant

+1 ... Who in the world came up with the idea to pin medals on their pants, simply brilliant
    Oh those whacky North Korean dudes. What guys.

I always loved their absolutely HUGE hats. Looks like they are wearing salad bowls on their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Which version(s) of the RAZBAM A-7 was the above meant for?
    It's for the previously-published (in this thread) mods to the FDE for the A-7D/E/H.

Dave

Anyone else having the jet tip over after catching the wire on a carrier or is it just my lack of pilot skills? These adjusted tailhook settings improved things for me:

[Tailhook]
    tailhook_length=5.0 ;4.4
    tailhook_position= -50, 0, 1.75 ;-15.56,0.0,-2.611
    cable_force_adjust=1.0

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    It's for the previously-published (in this thread) mods to the FDE for the A-7D/E/H.

Dave

I previously gathered that Dave from response #55 in this thread.......

Blog Entries
    Anyone else having the jet tip over after catching the wire on a carrier or is it just my lack of pilot skills? These adjusted tailhook settings improved things for me:

[Tailhook]
    tailhook_length=5.0 ;4.4
    tailhook_position= -50, 0, 1.75 ;-15.56,0.0,-2.611
    cable_force_adjust=1.0
    Henk, you're really looking to start filling up the right pant-leg, aren't you?

Yes, I get some tipover on most landings. Rich Roscoe (RIP) was really good at pinpointing this (I think he'd attach a temporary .fx to the attachment point) and often they virtual hook point was way off where the modeled hook point was. That said, though, sometimes you have to "cheat" and move the virtual hook for precisely the reason you're pointing out, given the limitations of how forces translate in the sim.

So if this helps tidy up the landings, I'm all for it. Will try tonight, with your other settings, which I haven't tried yet (sick in bed last night) - am very eager to give these all a whirl.

cheers,

dl

Blog Entries

Give the man another medal!

Thanks Henk - both the vibe fix and the tailhook fix cleaned up what I think are among the last of the little niggles in this plane. I'll port the hook fix over the pack 2 (A/B) model for sure!

Your work is much appreciated.

Regards,

dl

Attached the pack 1 (A-7D/E/H) FDE update which includes all mods which were mentioned in this thread + more, thanks for all the feedback! With the kind help from a fellow member, I am working on the pack 2 A-7A/B FDE now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Attached the pack 1 (A-7D/E/H) FDE update which includes all mods which were mentioned in this thread + more, thanks for all the feedback! With the kind help from a fellow member, I am working on the pack 2 A-7A/B FDE now.
    Installed it, and thank you.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce the pitch trim sensitivity ? It seems that for any given throttle setting, load configuration and speed, it is impossible to trim the aircraft out for level flight. The slightest touch on the trim control, either nose up or nose down, will have you climbing rapidly or diving, and while the changes in air speed alter the rate of ascent and descent accordingly, it never settles down into level flight. The Razbam Intruder and Prowler are exactly the same, maybe even more so. It's been said here that the real A-7 was sensitive to control inputs ( and the Intruder ? and the Prowler too ?? ) but I don't accept it was sensitive to such a degree that the autopilot is the only way of maintaining level flight - and that's what I'm finding.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Installed it, and thank you.

Is there anything that can be done to reduce the pitch trim sensitivity ? It seems that for any given throttle setting, load configuration and speed, it is impossible to trim the aircraft out for level flight. The slightest touch on the trim control, either nose up or nose down, will have you climbing rapidly or diving, and while the changes in air speed alter the rate of ascent and descent accordingly, it never settles down into level flight. The Razbam Intruder and Prowler are exactly the same, maybe even more so. It's been said here that the real A-7 was sensitive to control inputs ( and the Intruder ? and the Prowler too ?? ) but I don't accept it was sensitive to such a degree that the autopilot is the only way of maintaining level flight - and that's what I'm finding.
    I do not know how to tweak this without introducing other issues...

After 2 1/2 years I'm finally enjoying the A-7 pack 1 a whole lot more because of your mods. Looking forward to your pack 2 mods.
    Thank you Henk !

Thanks Henk for the updated FDE v2 !

Like others, it was time to dust off the A-7.

I would like to add the following, if you think the roll rate is to sluggish change the following parameter:

[flight_tuning]
    aileron_effectiveness = 2.0 ( or if it's to fast....you can change to 1.9 etc. 1.0 is the original )

Cheers,
    Hank

Thanks Henk!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    Thanks Henk for the updated FDE v2 !

Like others, it was time to dust off the A-7.

I would like to add the following, if you think the roll rate is to sluggish change the following parameter:

[flight_tuning]
    aileron_effectiveness = 2.0 ( or if it's to fast....you can change to 1.9 etc. 1.0 is the original )

Cheers,
    Hank

If you do this, then also increase the rudder effectiveness. I upped it to 1.5.

Is there possibly a suggestion to lessen the problem with overly sensitive pitch response? NC

Members who have read this thread: 2