Wizard's Flights

Thread: Wizard's Flights

Wizard's Flights

Well, I have no idea what I'm doing, but....

US Navy Lockheed Electra using standard FSX weather - which apparently Duenna does not like.
    "Being good is not enough when you dream of being great"
    Author of NEUWUC family of programs

Hi Wizard. Keep in mind that the duenna, in FSX, reads the weather settings from you last flight. If you have real weather set for this flight, take off, and the yellow box should turn green, and all will be well.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

EGUN to LFML

Landed safely at LFML

Flight time: 03:12:36
    Routine Ground Time: 00 00 00
    Special Ground Time: 00 00 00
    Penalty time: 00 00 00

Mmm, cannot find anything like a log file (except the inxstall.log) - I do have the picture of the Duenna completion report, though I cannot find the jpg for that either. Will post later after I get a chance to search for them. otherwise I'll just post a snapshot of the Duenna report. REal world - I gotta run for now...

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    Flight time: 03:12:36
    Routine Ground Time: 00 00 00

Mmm, cannot find anything like a log file (except the inxstall.log) - I do have the picture of the Duenna completion report, though I cannot find the jpg for that either. Will post later after I get a chance to search for them. otherwise I'll just post a snapshot of the Duenna report. REal world - I gotta run for now...

Good Flight Wizard!

If you ran the installer for the duenna .... installing it where the program wanted to install (default), then have a look here:

Computer/C:/Program Files/FS-Addons/RTW-Duenna/OUTPUT/folder with today's date

If you just made one flight, then you'll have three files inside.

Two Flight Logs .... one jpg and one txt .... also a SystemLog txt

When you post your landing post an before you hit submit scroll down to Manage Attachments and navigate (hit ADD Files) using the same path above to select both of the flight files .... in any order and hit Insert line (bottom right of the navigation window).

Good time to hang a snap or two of the flight as attachments as well if you made any ... okay if you didn't.

If you can't add these in for today's post then just make a free standing post to your with the files next time you get "on".

Hope this helps,
    salt_air

Just to add to salt_air's post.. When the flight is over the .jpg and .txt file pop up. If you look at the very bottom of the text file you will see something like the following.

Code:
    Tracking-URL: (Flight-ID: WwZG6JX5yS9TkspzlwvSf948U2Q)http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFlight.php?detail=flight&value=WwZG6JX5yS9TkspzlwvSf948U2Q

Validation-Files:
    E:\RTW-Duenna\OUTPUT\2014-10-26\FlightLog_09-49-31.JPG
    E:\RTW-Duenna\OUTPUT\2014-10-26\FlightLog_09-49-31.TXT
    (just copy the above path+files into your forum-attachment field.)

This file was created on 26/10/2014 14:49:33 UTC
    Created by FS-Duenna - http://johannesmueller.com/fs/web/duenna/ - (c) Johannes Mueller
    When using the attachment system for your post you can just use the 2 paths provided in the above "Validation-Files" section and it retrieve them without searching for them.

Congrats on your first Duenna run!
    Roman

Well, I did not find an OUTPUT folder. I'm pretty sure there was a pop up that said it couldn't create something - probably the text files. I have subsequently made an OUTPUT directory and have set the permissions (I hope) on it so it won't fail a second time. Attched is a copy of the "picture" that popped up giving some of the info.

And thanks for all the help. Hopefully the second run will have all the info - and I won't be so quick to blow away the error message. I presume there is no way to have it write the file - even though I have not shutdown Duenna?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  

A test circuit around LFML shows everything is working - a log was created and stored along with the flight pic. So I am good to go.

Good deal!
    Roman

Taking off LFML

Forget about it. Twice - 45 minutes into the flight the damnable FSX crashed. The second time I saw what happend. WIN 7 insists on doing an update. Even though I have it shut off from doing it on it's own it still crashes FSX. Thank you Microbrain for your wonderful (non) operating system. I'm ready to go back to XP - at least it could be controlled. Now I have no time to complete the flight. So updating I am doing, but this really scares me because it will happen again I am sure. Is anyone aware of a way to stop WIN 7 from even asking to update - at least during a flight?

I use Win7, and have the updates turned off.
    I just check once a week for any new one's.
    I always check to make sure the updater is off before a flight.
    I have had it happen before, and wrecks the flight.
    Or, you could pick a time for the update, like during the middle of the night. I have my security scans run overnight. And not interfere with flying.

OK, well there was another spot I failed to notice to shut off the updates.... so I'm off for one more try.... from LFML

Flight time: 01:53:59
    Routine Ground Time: 00 45 00

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlightLog_14-04-17.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	14410FlightLog_14-04-17.TXT

So, I hope this is the correct way to submit this - if not please enlighten me.

Perfect.
    -Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0