paiken's Reverse Rockwell Route
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: paiken's Reverse Rockwell Route

paiken's Reverse Rockwell Route

Getting a late start due to real world issues. Worked a full day yesterday at the Post Office, then off to celebrate a good friends 87th birthday. Things are back to "normal" around here today, so it's off we go.

Departing YMEN Essendon for YBCV Charleville in the Rockwell Aero Commander.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-26_8-51-26-574.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	13848
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Blast...damn...30 minutes into the flight and FSX decides to freeze up. Looks like I'll have to re-start. Not an auspicious beginning to a long race. Oddly enough, I was just reading about another 'cream screen' on another thread when my rig froze. That will teach me to tempt the fates. Back shortly with a re-start.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

OK...here we go again. Departing Essendon YMEN for Charleville YBCV. Hopefully I've sorted out the freezing issue (a recently added program), and am now shakily confident (yes it is an oxymoron) that I will make it to Charleville.

Online tracking here...http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...gu3dfO8MYH3IKc
    Last edited by paiken; October 26th, 2014 at 10:32.

Down safely in Charleville. Uneventful flight, with a little bit of turbulence.
    Flight Time 03:04:31
    Routine Ground Time 00:00:00
    Special Ground Time 00:00:00
    Penalty Time 00:00:00

Name:	FlightLog_13-04-51.JPG 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	13885FlightLog_13-04-51.TXT

Departing Charleville YBCV for Mt. Issa YBMA

Tracking here... http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...WbUgAJRzE1xDh8

Down safely at Mt. Issa YBMA. A remarkably uneventful flight. Clear skies, little or no turbulence and the flattest, most featureless bit of flying I've done in ages.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LM2.jpg 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	13908Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LM3.jpg 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	13909

Flight Time 02:17:22
    Routine Ground Time 00:45:00
    Average Ground Speed 220.5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_16-28-17.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

After a 'fun' day at work, it's off to Darwin YPDN from Mt. Issa YBMA. You can follow along here...http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...JkjCwYZYycMftM

Down safely at Darwin YPDN...Time to locate the nearest pub for a couple of pints and then off to the hotel for a good snooze.
    Flight Time 03:12:37

Name:	FlightLog_21-20-12.JPG 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	13981FlightLog_21-20-12.TXT

Leaving Australia...
    Departing Darwin YPDN for El Tari WATT
    You can follow along here...http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...1j65b769kNAB3E

Down safely in Kupang City (El Tari) WATT. (shows up in the Duenna as WRKK for some reason)
    Flight time 02:02:47
    Average speed 216.5 kts

Name:	FlightLog_19-30-21.JPG 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	14044FlightLog_19-30-21.TXT

Departing WATT (aka WRKK) El Tari for WAOI Iskander
    As usual, you can follow me here...http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...GdGZzOlOecp7dw

Down safely at WAOI Iskander
    Flight Time 03:41:00
    Average Speed 229.1

Name:	FlightLog_11-17-42.JPG 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	14081FlightLog_11-17-42.TXT

Departing Iskandar for Seletar WSSL
    Follow along if you want...http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...BqRXsx76Mdrea4

Down safely in Singapore WSSL
    Flight Time 02:22:45
    Average Speed 222.2

Deuces wild on this flight. Uneventful until I reached WSSL...seems as if default weather wasn't working outside of established areas, at least in the middle of the ocean. Mild thunderstorms coming into Seletar.

FlightLog_17-19-34.TXT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_17-19-34.JPG  

After landing in Singapore a few days ago, I noticed oil leaking out of the port engine. Muttering a curse, I spat on the ground...and then the real trouble began. Apparently those sort of things are frowned upon here...whereupon I spent the next 48 hours as a "guest" of the local police. After pleading no contest to the charges brought upon me, I paid the fine and agreed to never set foot in Singapore again. I fixed the oil leak and am now leaving...

Departing (with great haste)WSSL Seletar for VOPB Port Blair.
    You can track my flight here...http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...WM4PLnT9Hfa2fc

Down safe in Port Blair VOPB
    Flight Time 04:24:28

Name:	FlightLog_18-44-48.JPG 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	14271FlightLog_18-44-48.TXT

Departing Port Blair VOPB for Allahabad VIAL
    You can follow along here...http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...TQoQiTuLrFqFnA

Computer locked up on me...will re-fly later today

Departing (once again) Port Blair VOPB for Allahabad VIAL

Down safe and sound in Allahabad (VIAL). Longest flight so far...1036 nautical miles
    Flight Time 04:48:10
    Average Speed 215.9

Name:	FlightLog_19-50-26.JPG 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	14427
    FlightLog_19-50-26.TXT

After getting my fill of Masala and Naan I'm off to Karachi.
    Departing VIAL for OPKC.
    Follow along here...http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...7rKYDnhzZPvYdA

Good to see you made it to VIAL after the computer issue earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    Good to see you made it to VIAL after the computer issue earlier.
    My wife decided she just 'had to check out something on facebook'...when she finally finished I noticed the dreaded milky screen...program completely locked up. I ended up having to re-boot the computer to put things right again. Then it was off to take care of "honey do's" for the rest of the day. Between my wife being unable to drive and her mother moving in with us (she cannot drive either due to macular degeneration), I ended up at two different shopping malls and a grocery store. When that was finally done 6 hours later I was wiped out...Sometimes I'm glad to go to work so that I have some time to myself.

Down safely in Karachi OPKC
    Flight Time 03:41:57
    Average Speed 213.6

Name:	FlightLog_21-11-14.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	14570
    FlightLog_21-11-14.TXT

Okie dokie...departing OPKC for OMAD
    http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...kQeVU2UeyFbf8o

Members who have read this thread: 0