paiken's Reverse Rockwell Route - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: paiken's Reverse Rockwell Route

Down safely in Abu Dhabi (with the song "Abba Dabba Honeymoon" playing in my head).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlightLog_20-31-11.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	14627
    FlightLog_20-31-11.TXT
    Flight Time 03:05:40
    Routine Ground Time 00:45:00
    Special Ground Time 00:00:00
    Penalty Time 00:00:00
    Average Speed 223.5
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

What a tune to have ringing in your ears…could drive you mad.
    -Mike

Departing Abu Dhabi for Medina OMAD to OEMA
    http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...AHdhM2WIQkUSeE
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Landed safely in Medina OEMA
    Flight Time 03:54:42

Name:	FlightLog_10-06-39.JPG 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	14788
    FlightLog_10-06-39.TXT

Off we go into the wild blue yonder...It's been a crazy week here in the real world. We're in the process of adding a mother-in-law suite to our house, so there is a lot of construction activity going on. Carpenters and electricians have been having fun putting everything together. Then my birthday present arrived...a brand new EVGA GTX 660 3 mb video card. Opened up the 'puter and plugged that puppy in, then went through the rigamarole of uninstalling old drivers, installing new drivers, and then teaching FSX how to play nice with the new hardware. Things are finally humming along...so here I go!
    Departing Medina for Alexandria
    You can track my flight here...http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...yjqAwqQPOdntF4

Landed safely in Alexandria HEAX...and I've never seen so much sand. I'll be glad to see some ocean on the next leg.
    Flight Time 02:59:41
    Average Speed 217.5

Name:	FlightLog_20-06-13.JPG 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	15069
    FlightLog_20-06-13.TXT

Leaving Africa...
    Departed HEAX for LIRF.
    http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...b5UFegccAfO7UA

Bucking a 40 kt headwind...hope my fuel holds out until I get to Rome....

Dang headwinds killed me...crashed about 45 miles south of Rome...
    I'll take the 1 hour penalty and re-fly tomorrow. Hopefully the winds will cooperate.

FlightLog_19-38-52.TXT

Name:	FlightLog_19-38-52.JPG 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	15126

OK...re-flying the leg from Alexandria to Rome...
    Departed HEAX for LIRF
    Follow along here...http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...Ym1jah1YW97B9g

Made it (finally) to Rome.
    Flight Time 05:26:21
    Penalty Time 01:00:00

Name:	FlightLog_13-38-00.JPG 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	15248
    FlightLog_13-38-00.TXT

On the final leg...departing Rome for London
    LIRF to EGUN
    Follow here...http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...Ys3ZE0gPGPyhcY

Down safe and sound at RAF Mildenhall...except for a minor navigational error. I had planned out my route using the draft rules, which for the Modern Era originally ended at EGLC...so the dog leg at the end was where I discovered my error and made a bee line for Mildenhall. Oh well..
    Flight Time 03:42:50
    Average Speed 214.5

Name:	FlightLog_18-39-58.JPG 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	15267
    FlightLog_18-39-58.TXT

SOH-CM-2017

Icon26

Well Done!!! Congrats on bringing the Turbo Commander in to Mildenhall.
    Jeff
    "Providence Permittin"

Congrats on making it to Mildenhall !
    Roman

Well done paiken.

From an earlier post; 'Sometimes I'm glad to go to work so that I have some time to myself'.

I used to get that 'till I retired at 65. Now I'm stuffed - I can't go to work to get away from it!

Aah, the beauty of youth!

Graham.

Members who have read this thread: 0