rwhsim Rob's Springbok flys to Melbourne to meet a Wallaby

Thread: rwhsim Rob's Springbok flys to Melbourne to meet a Wallaby

Hybrid View

rwhsim Rob's Springbok flys to Melbourne to meet a Wallaby

Well after yesterday's test flight to Farnborough, been delayed a bit.

My flight Engineer "Oily" Ollie Van Der Merwe spent a while digging around hangers there looking for better lamps for our landing lights. Some techno babble about the one's fitted not being DX10/DX11 specification. He managed to find some "Shock-something" lamps, and they are really good. Should light things up around us if needed.

Then when we got back to EGUN, Lady Jane Goldrich (daughter of my sponsor Sir Nicholas Goldrich), and Oily were being rather secretive about something, off in a huddle whispering, and smiling silently if I approached them. Eventually they came out with it. Seems Lady Jane, who is along for the ride as part of the deal with her father, to make a motion-picture documentary (I suspect more to keep her father in the loop on how his money is being spent), had convinced Oily to fit a camera to the belly of the DC-3. Now on my pre-flight yesterday I did not notice any bulky movie camera hanging out there, but threw a fit about the added weight and drag of those "things". Lady Jane muttered something about me being "stuck in the past", and pointed back to the belly of the plane. Some little nifty device called a "Go something Professional" all wired in with an electronic Gimbal and all. Futuristic lass this - looks like she's set for a bright future! So should get some nice "film" of the trip, unless her "recorders" interfere with the radios and cause me to start stuttering and muttering.

So all set to go now, and should be off within the hour, to LIRU, (that is as soon as Lady Jane and her father have finished their BBC interviews).

Rob

OK Off we go!

Deaparting EGUN for LIRU

OK Off we go!

Departing EGUN for LIRU

DUPLICATE POST PLEASE IGNORE
    Last edited by rwhsim; October 26th, 2014 at 06:20. Reason: Duplicate Post Accidental First post OK

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlightLog_01-23-48.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	13869
    FlightLog_01-23-48.TXT

Landed Safely at LIRU;

Oh My what a bumpy ride! Only smooth over southern France for a while.
    Lady Jane is having seconds thoughts I think. She seemed rather pale at times.
    At least over the Alps it was clear enough to see the route through I had planned.
    Thought I saw some climbers out the corner of my eyes flatten themselves against the ice at I slipped through just east of the Tschingelhorn!

Otherwise all OK

Oops Forgot to add

Flight Time: 04:28:16
    Routine Ground Time: 00:00:00
    Special Ground Time: 00:00:00
    Penalty Time: 00:00:00

Seriously need some Italian Coffee!

Rob
    Last edited by rwhsim; October 26th, 2014 at 10:56. Reason: Forgot to add time log

Liru - lgtt

Weather not ideal, but looks like is only going to get worse in the next day or two, and need to keep moving.

So here we go;

Taking Off LIRU to LGTT

Landed LGTT

Landed Safely at LGTT

Flight Time: 03:02:39
    Routine Ground Time: 00:45:00
    Special Ground Time: 00:00:00
    Penalty Time: 00:00:00

FlightLog_22-46-06.TXTClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FlightLog_22-46-06.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	14070

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...v7GaQD8NNBDmlQ

Why only a stern looking fella and one guy to meet us: Where are the Greek Dancing Girls!

Rob

I landed in LGTT last night, and took them all dancing!

On a different note, your flight time from LIRU to LGTT was a whole 8 seconds different from mine... wow!

Members who have read this thread: 0