EasyEd to EGUN

Thread: EasyEd to EGUN

EasyEd to EGUN

Hey All,

Good Lord and Computer willin - off at some point...

SF-260 C-DART Commemorating Alexander Graham Bell's team C-DART flight 105 years ago...

Pic 1 - We ain't in Nova Scotia anymore!!
    Pic 2 - My chart...
    Pic 3 - Oops er ah this is embarassin - accidental key hit...

My apologies to Miss Nellie for uh helping her daughter get her uh "modeling career" started - yeah that's it - "modeling career" - started...

Oughter get me a few bonus points - ya think!

-Ed-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YmenEgun1.jpg   YmenEgun2.jpg   YmenEgun3.jpg  
    Last edited by EasyEd; October 25th, 2014 at 21:27.
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Hey All,

Just launched for Charleville. See if this ol puter holds together and if I have online tracking set up right. Dont pick a team (left on SOH) or make one - right?

Dark out should be day when I get there.

-Ed-
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Hey All,

Dang don't need a white knuckler now. Bout 15 mins short on fuel I think - wind 16 kts on the nose is no help.

-Ed-

Hey All,

Dang FS solved my problem for me. Probably shoulda rebooted before starting since I was testing yesterday.

-Ed-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YmenEgun4.jpg  

Hey All,

Trying again for the leg to Charleville...

-Ed-

Hey All,

OK so it's been a few hours...

Somehow I crashed. I'm still not sure what happened but I've no doubt it was me...

I bought this plane a short time ago and only yesterday stated flying it. Great plane I really like it. I figured out all my ground speeds at different altitudes (no wind) but I have not figured out how fast speed falls off relative to throttle reduction. That I figured I'd figure out along the way...

Anyway Essendon to Charleville (sp?) is near the limit of this aircraft if you want to fly fast. So I was managing fuel all the way - "landed" with less than 3 gallons left out of 60 gallons to start. In addition to that there was fog - I couldn't even see the airport until less than 3 miles as runway light were not on and it was technically day. So worried about fuel and airport hunting in the fog - I don't need this stress first leg. So what happened? These lines are from the attached duenna text file...

26/10/2014 22:55:08; -26.420384; 146.261636; 1011; -241; 87; 85; 0
    26/10/2014 22:55:10; -26.419564; 146.261648; 1005; -139; 80; 79; 1
    26/10/2014 22:55:11; -26.418995; 146.261670; 1005; -37; 74; 74; 1
    26/10/2014 22:55:12; -26.418652; 146.261689; 1005; -10; 69; 70; 1
    26/10/2014 22:55:13; -26.418335; 146.261711; 1005; -8; 62; 64; 1
    26/10/2014 22:55:14; -26.418069; 146.261734; 1004; -6; 47; 53; 1
    26/10/2014 22:55:15; -26.417947; 146.261758; 1023; 649; 11; 20; 0

As you can see I landed at about 80 kts (elev 1005m) slowed to 74 then 69 then 62 then 47 an all He!! broke loose. At about the 62 mark I realized this is duenna apply brakes slow to whatever duenna thinks is appropriate - save a few seconds - which I did and I turned right not real hard but apparently too much as to get on the runway as I admit I landed right beside it fighting a crosswind in the fog low on fuel. I had no clue this plane would flip under those circumstances. Next thing I know I'm crashed. Unreal unfriggin real.

Anyway My advice know every aspect of your plane take nothing for granted. I've tried to recreate this crash and I can't plane behaves as I expect every time. Point is I should have let it roll to a stop and taxied the tiny little bit onto the runway.

My fault - my lumps - I need to read the rules to see what my options are. Take heed. Still this is how it works.

-Ed-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_15-55-19.JPG   YmenEgun5.jpg   YmenEgun6.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Members who have read this thread: 0