Jimmy's Quest to See a Kangaroo

Thread: Jimmy's Quest to See a Kangaroo

Hybrid View

Jimmy's Quest to See a Kangaroo

I never saw a purple 'roo,
    I never hope to see one -
    But I can tell you anyhoo,
    I'd rather see one than be one!

A little ditty that we made up while in the cups last night... I made my way to the airfield this morning, and my mechanic was muttering something about needing to do some further tests and tweaking. I sure hope he finishes soon, and that he's slightly more sober than I! I shall lay down for a bit I think, someone shall wake me when it's time to leave, I'm sure!

-Mike

Deciding that my late adventures the night previous calls for a bit of excitement today.

Departing EGUN for LIRU as we speak...

(I also realize that I was supposed to state my weather engine in my first post: ASN)

Down (almost) safely at LIRU

I'd of loved to report that this first leg went smooth. Alas, that's not the case!

A harrowing adventure ensued mid-flight, in which I ended up amongst the Alps in the clouds. This necessitated a climb to almost 14,000 ft... An altitude which was still not safe - if not for a small break in the clouds I would be camping upon a certain most majestic peak which loomed before me. I eased around it, not over it, missing the topmost rocky crags by perhaps a mere few hundred feet! I stand here in Rome, only due to some good fortune that I know not the reason for!

Although, my poor steed is a bit worn... A bit of a bounce on landing collapsed the left gear I'm afraid, and it'll take a bit of work to make right...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlightLog_00-50-23.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	13825
    FlightLog_00-50-23.TXT

In my (perhaps foolish) stubbornness, I did not claim Rookie status for this race, so therefore I forgo that claim now.

Flight Time: 04:26:11
    Routine Ground Time: 00:00:00
    Special Ground Time: 00:00:00
    Penalty Time: 15:00:00

What I made up for in tailwind, I lost in penalty minutes!

It's late, but I notice some weird things here in my log...

It shows I only had the baton for 2:24 hours of my flight??

It also shows that I crashed at EGUN??? Which, is apparently located 792.1 nm away from where I took off, at EGUN. The flight did reload upon crashing. I suspect Miss Nellie may want to pay me a visit...

At least the lat/long in the file log corresponds with LIRU.

I'm sure this is all because these strange whirring machines with the glowing windows didn't exist in our proper and decent era of 1934!!!

Impatiently fiddling with his coat, the pilot looks around the hanger before looking over at the mechanic who's banging away on the left wheel pant. The mechanic gives the pilot a brief glare before refocusing his attention on the landing gear of the Caudron. He curses under his breath, something about crazy pilots and abuses they heap onto such beautifully constructed machines.

The pilot stares at his watch for a minute, before shrugging his shoulders and leaving the hanger.

There must be girls here somewhere, he thinks to himself, shaking his head. And whiskey. Going to need at least one or the other to make this time go by a bit quicker.

Members who have read this thread: 0