TACO, Saggerwinging it to OZ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TACO, Saggerwinging it to OZ

TACO, Saggerwinging it to OZ

Happy Race Day,

• With any kind of luck should be taking off sometime today. Late take off, can't find anyone who will make me peanut-butter sandwichs with Skippy Peanut-butter. When loaded up we will be staggering towards LFML.l

• Taco

Well, here we are, preparing for our first part of the L&M EGUN, Mildenhall to LFML, Marseille. And off we Go!

Sorry for no reply earlier. Having major puter problems, first the duenna wouldn't record flight, and second the darn puter quit before arriving at Marseille! Tried a number of times to finish flight. Will try again today. Jim

After many hours trying to fly to Marseille, I changed my tactics to flying shorter flights. Here is the first one of many I hope.

EGUN, Mildenhall, to Paris, LFPB

Flight from Le Bourget to Marseilles.

Good to see you sagging along Jim.

Thunderstorms, takeoff, during flight, and at landing! Man! it was rock and roll time. Flight: Marseilles to LIRA Rome. D17s Beechcraft Staggerwing.

Whoa! I sure hope this shows up, looks like things have been changed again. Boy! The Roman Gods of old sure gave us a bad time concerning the local weather, they threw every thing at us including the kitchen sink. With all the hail coming at my little red plane it soon will be a dented silver little plane. Flight: LIRA to LIBM down at the boot toe, next flight onto LGAT

HOT DOG! another one in the book. Flight: LIBN to LGAT. Bad weather to start in Italy, but started to clear up some what before hitting the mountain.

Good stuff Jim! Those thunder-boomers were a heck of a ride over Italy and points east!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Off we go! LGAT to LTIA (Turkey) Going to see about getting a Turkey Drumstick. hehe.

Just landed after some computer problems from all pervious times trying to do this flight. From Athens LGAT to Antalya LTAI

Flight time: 1:54:37

Routine Ground Time: 45:00

Special Ground time: 0

Penalty time: 0

LTAI (Antalya) to OSAP (Aleppo). Shucks, didn't get a BBQ Turkey Drumstick, but as we crossed over the water to Aleppo, hehe, for lunch, we had a Green chili Chicken Casserole.

Flight Time: 1:40:26
    Special Ground Time: 0
    Penalty time: 0

OH MY GOSH! Great weather for a change! This flight from Aleppo (OSAP) to Baghdad (ORBI).

Flight Time: 1:57:08
    Penalty Time: 0

An old saying, "Get out of Dodge!" in my case, get out of Baghdad! Again, a neat surprise the Wx was great. OK, this here flight was from ORBI, Baghdad to OIBB, Bushehr.

Flight Time: 2:10:09

Penalty Time: 0

The information for the flight between OIBB, Bushehr to OIZJ, Jask. Well, this is the first and last, I hope, landing in a great big sand box! Had some fog on approach, but cleared enough, in time, to see the runway. Now its time for a http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...very_drunk.png Flight Time: 2:13 Routine Ground Time: 45:00 Special Ground Time: 00 Penalty Time: 00

Fog, fog, and more fog going into Karachi! This flight was from OIZJ, Jask to OPKC, Karachi. So, this adds one more to the books.

Flight from Karachi OPKC to Jodhpur VIJO. Lots of low clouds or fog, whatever, for the first part of the flight, and then I ran into a wopper of a thunderstorm a couple of hundred of miles from the airport, and that was rock and roll time all the way to the landing!

Nice cockpit you have there Jim. I like the pretty wooden shelf for the coffee cup. Of course you'll want a coaster...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Whoa, nice flight. Lot of overcast until about 30 miles from Allhahbad where the weather cleared up. Sure is nice to see the ground when you are approaching an airport! hehe.

Flight Time: 2:25:00
    Special Ground Time: 00
    Penalty Time: 00

Holy Cow, being in India, the weather was just great! A very, very sweet flight.

Flight Time: 2:08:24
    Routine Ground time: 45:00
    Penalty Time:00

This flight was from Calcutta/Kolkata (VECC) to Rangoon/Yangoon (VTBD). On most of the flight we had a 18 to 25 kt crosswind, but about a hundred miles from landing the wind blew and the poopie flew, thunderstorms, but alas, it cleared up on approach, Ah.....for a change good luck. Flight Time: 2: 59:00 Routine Ground Time: 45:00 Special Ground Time: 00 Penalty Time: 00

Whoa! got another one! This flight is from Rangoon VYYY to Bangkok VTBD. A completely uneventful flight, hehe being far from the norm.

Flight Time: 1:41:33

Trim, trim, and more trimming! Had around a 25 to 28 kts cross wind. For the book. Bangkok VTBD to Alor Star WMKA. Our luck was holding just before we started our approach the weather cleared, as note in the attached picture.

Flight Time: 2:38:39

Members who have read this thread: 0