Escape from Australia - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Escape from Australia

A slight miscalculation, still had an hour or so of daylight left. Still the lights were starting to on in the approaches. I never realised there was so much street lighting in the Indian countryside. Shows you how wrong it is to stereotype!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_19-49-27.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Hyderabad we go. VIAL to OPKD.

Landed Hyderabad just as a thunderstorm was starting. Hangared the plane and sprinted to my hotel. Booked in just as the heavens opened! (That's mostly, if not all, BS)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_18-05-59.JPG  

Loins girded, ready for departure from Hyderabad to OMAD, somewhere in Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    Loins girded
    Good thinking.

Landed at Abu Dhabi and come to a halt. A little window pops up and says "Cant stop flight server says" Anyway, the requisite files appeared so it looks OK.

Now it's off to the city and grab a few beers...I hope!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_18-34-27.JPG  

No luck with the beers! Might as well shove off to the next watering hole although that'll probably be dry as well! I'm heading for OEDM Al Dawadmi.

EDIT: Various, I can only call them 'anomalies' coupled with dubious advice from Jeff who I suspect was trying to delay my departure, resulted in two botched attempts to get going. As I understand it the Duenna server was playing up. All seems to be running smoothly now.
    Last edited by Ron Attwood; November 2nd, 2014 at 12:59.

Trauma trauma trauma.

Finally got away from Abu Dhabi afer a couple of false starts. The FlightLog jpg explains at least part of it.

This is the completed flight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_23-18-43.JPG  

I wondered about the high level of traffic (road, that is) that was tearing across the runway OMAD. FSX puts you on the active runway at the start of the green line. When you start your take off run you're already doing 80kts! No wonder you get a taxiing red! From the picture you can see the road. Good grief!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_20-28-31.JPG  

I've now been to the 'Back of beyond' I am at present in 'Middle of beyond'(absolutely NOTHING here!) and am setting off for Alexandria, the 'Front of beyond'

Made a refuelling stop at HEGN Hurghada and finished the leg at HEAX Alexandria where I hope to go into town and see the famous Ragtime band! (one for the real oldies )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_16-14-52.JPG   FlightLog_17-44-46.JPG  

Freedom is in sight! Off to Europe LGPZ, Greece I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    Freedom is in sight! Off to Europe LGPZ, Greece I think.
    ....tomorrow morning.

En route at last!

Landed LGPZ in very cloudy/rainy conditions. One thing to be said for Arabia! Quick refuel and a bite to eat at the Greek Air Force's officer's mess. Hospitable bunch.

Heading off to LIPZ Venezia.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_14-33-49.JPG  

Damn! I love this race. The tension of landing in a heavy mist, after a long flight gives me the same thrill as when I was a Bullfighter!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_16-51-26.JPG  

Final leg....one hopes! Leaving LIPZ Venice and should be in the mess at Mildenhall by lunch time.

Me and my big mouth! Flying over France, about 100nm from the English Channel, the French fired a ballistic OOM at me. I staggered on for a while but the writing was on the wall. Bugger bugger bugger!
    Start again tomorrow. Hey ho.

It is with considerably less confidence that I set off from Venice. (again) To say I'm worried would not be unreasonable. However, off I go.

Are we there, yet? Go, Ron, go!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Home at last, home at last! Thank God Almighty, I'm home at last. (With apologies to Dr. Martin Luther King)

That was the most traumatic leg of them all. Every time the weather updated my heart gave a lurch!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i'm-home.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	14640 Being taught by the best (cheers Rob) I made a nicely flared landing to finish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_17-23-02.JPG  

Now, I wonder if Mildenhall has a good aircraft valet service. I have to admit I wasn't my usual tidy self on this trip. On top of that I knocked the inflight latrine over a couple of times, farted more than usual and threw up mightily during some very heavy turbulence over Indonesia.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mess.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	14644

Bravo, Ron...and thoroughly enjoyed your running commentary!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Congratulations Ron! It was a shame it didn't happen last night but glad you made it today. Looks like you've been well and truly bitten by the racing bug now.

You do realise you've got to fly it back to Oz now, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by CavalierDuck View Post

You do realise you've got to fly it back to Oz now, don't you?
    He needs to find a suitable antique for that!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Members who have read this thread: 0