C.R.D.A. Cant. Z.506B by Manuele Villa

Thread: C.R.D.A. Cant. Z.506B by Manuele Villa

C.R.D.A. Cant. Z.506B by Manuele Villa

I'm trying to port into FSX the C.R.D.A. (Cant) Z.506 Airone (V1.0) for FS9 by Manuele Villa (z506b_v01.zip @ avsim). More info about this rare Italian floatplane-bomber from 1938 here in the FS9 forum.

Seems to work quite alright in FSX. Might even work out-of-the box in DX9, and possibly in P3D. For FSX DX10, I just had to use the toolbox included in Steve's DX10 Fixer ("tag model as aircraft" function) and convert only one old 8-bit texture file (Z506B_126.bmp) located in the shared texture folder. Note: gauges files 'ASKANIA.remote_compass.cs.gau' and '340.ap.gau' are not compatible. Just discard them, for now...

Scenery: Como floatplane base (Northern Italy) by Guy Nemoz (2 versions, with or without UTX: vf-air.com/FSX2.htm, search string "LILY")

Port Over

Since I am talking about Z506B working in FSX, I will post here. I used my BV-138 FDEs (original model by Kaz Ito) and shoehorned them in for the Airone and it works good. FSX Acceleration, DX9a, trimotor sound (from FS9) and a different panel. Re-did the contact pnts (added wheels). Has reverse when on water. Maybe I should upload the cfg and air file for you folks. I just finishthe edits late last night (am today?). I am still going to 'learn' the panel by Mr Villa, eventually (as the subject is thoroughly covered - nice job Man). But for now I am enjoying it as a civilian restoration.
    Chuck B
    Napamule

Edit: this is the model: CRDA Cant.Z506B "Airone" Early Production #1, model=EP

198th Sq./94th Grp./31st Stormo B.M.,1940. (see pics (only ones I have).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Engine Pos_Long.jpg   Engine Pos_Lateral.jpg  
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Absolutely hilarious....

....and Wierd!

I know a lot about airplanes, and I had never heard of this airplane...until about 12 hours before the original post in this thread. I was reading Warpaint Series #92 (HU-16 Albatross), when in referring to the Italian use of that type, the book said:

"This sometimes precluded the HU-16A from reaching the many small islands around Italy in rough seas, which had not presented a problem for the elderly Cant z.506".

And I went away saying "Cant Z.506-- what is THAT?"

What are the chances of being a 53-year old airplane lover, and never heard of an airplane until today, didn't know what it was, and had my question answered all in 12 hours?

Now I know!

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 1