Arguably, THE Best Win Of Brad's Career

Thread: Arguably, THE Best Win Of Brad's Career

Hybrid View

Arguably, THE Best Win Of Brad's Career

Something tells me that Brad will remember this one for a long time. Kid drove one heckuva race here!
    He also was a bit humbled at the podium with regards to last week's events which tells me that he has heeded the words of a certain Roger Penske.

One for the record books today...

Hey All,

Yes heck of a win! I don't think Roger said anything to him - Brad is not a hothead - never has been. He is smart and that is why I like him. What I didn't like was Joey blocking Harvick to let Brad go - then Joey dropped back as he either realized or was told not to do that. Most probably didn't even notice.

Poor Jimmie no friends at the end and Kasey just needed a top 10 to be in. Plate racing is tough.

As an add - I think Hendrick engines need to step it up for next year or for jeff to win this year. I think they are down on power as their cars lack a little speed compared to RCR or especially Penske Fords.

As a further add - Wonderful seein Danica in front!!!!

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    I don't think Roger said anything to him -

-Ed-
    We'll just have to agree to disagree since neither of us knows the real truth - But based upon how Roger has treated his other drivers in the past, I'd still say Brad received a few words from Roger.

Roger doesn't air his dirty laundry in public - but you can see it in his drivers during the next week(s)....

Hey All,

Brad has been driving for Roger for near 5 years. He gave Roger his only Championships in Nationwide and Sprint Cup and you are telling me that he is a hothead that Roger has to control. Uh no Brad and Roger know each other pretty well - Roger doesn't need to "father" Brad in any way shape or form. Sure they discussed it but I've no doubt nothing like you are thinking - an owner doesn't talk to a driver who has given him his only two championships that way. But you are right we have no CVR evidence.

-Ed-
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

Brad has been driving for Roger for near 5 years. He gave Roger his only Championships in Nationwide and Sprint Cup and you are telling me that he is a hothead that Roger has to control. Uh no Brad and Roger know each other pretty well - Roger doesn't need to "father" Brad in any way shape or form. Sure they discussed it but I've no doubt nothing like you are thinking - an owner doesn't talk to a driver who has given him his only two championships that way. But you are right we have no CVR evidence.

-Ed-

Yes I am telling you this.
    Al Unser Jr. gave Roger an Indy win (you know how much those mean to him) and a CART Championship. Yet at the end of the day, Al Jr. was shown to the door by Roger.

At the end of the day, Championships don't mean as much to Roger as the reputation of his name and company do.

Hey All,

I know Al Unser Jr's history - circumstances are completely different with Brad. No valid comparison whatsoever.

-Ed-

Members who have read this thread: 0