London Melbourne 2014: Help Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: London Melbourne 2014: Help Thread

Once someone sees you they will give you permissions (if necessary) to join the other room. Wherever you see the most people right click and try to move to that room. Do not know perse but it "could" be the "Liars Lounge".
    Roman

Weather not happy

Hi - I'm a noobie at this event and Duenna. Duenna is yellow for the weather - I'm using the default FSX 15 minute update. The strange thing is that when I hover over the yellow weather, it tells me I'm using 15 minute update, turbulence, and winds aloft - just as it should be. Should I bother with a flight? I do have to also say, that this is my first use of FSX under Win7 - I've been running on XP for 6 years and just built a new machine.
    "Being good is not enough when you dream of being great"
    Author of NEUWUC family of programs

Thanks For your info Roman, I will certainly look for that this week.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

A rookie mistake!!

This afternoon I set out to Paris for some french bread and wine, and realized an hour in to the flight that, not only did my post for start of the race not go through, but also the Duenna was not recording the flight because I forgot to press the baton button.. Cause for the post not showing on the website was my internet being down, and I didn't realize it.

I decided to continue the flight as a test flight, as I didn't have the time left to get all the way to Marseille. It surely was a good test, arrived after 1:45 hrs with no crashes or damages. And The slightly longer ate was due to my poor navigation and the gyro compass not working.
    At least the french bread and wine is tasting great, lol/
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Duenna Issue

From the entry thread - Any ideas appreciated.

"Ok all installed as per the advice and readme. When I start to run Duenna it comes up with a message that it cannot use or the file:

MSInet.ocx is invalid or cannot be accessed.

I have checked the permissions, directory structure and I have all versions of MS Net available and installed. I also have the lastest copy of FSUIPC installed as well and reinstalled the program severla times but get the same outcome.

Oh yes and this should have gone into the help thread sorry!."

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    From the entry thread - Any ideas appreciated.

"Ok all installed as per the advice and readme. When I start to run Duenna it comes up with a message that it cannot use or the file:

MSInet.ocx is invalid or cannot be accessed.

I have checked the permissions, directory structure and I have all versions of MS Net available and installed. I also have the lastest copy of FSUIPC installed as well and reinstalled the program severla times but get the same outcome.

Oh yes and this should have gone into the help thread sorry!."
    Windows 7 and Vista are missing two .ocx files that Duenna needs to run.

Let me search my system for them....

Here you go they need to be placed in C:/windows/system32

There are three msinet.ocx, mscomctl.ocx, and mswinsck.ocx.

You need to register them in with an elevated command line window. See read me in the zip file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

I have 2 questions:

1 - Is it possible to take a short hop or fly a circuit around an airfield to test and make sure Duenna is working correctly - ie creating the log files? Would I encur a fueling/timing penalty? (I'd prefer to do this rather than fly another 2-6 hours and then find out it isn't working) I don't know if Duenna actually records anything other than the log.

2 - in the rules it is stated that ** airports do not require stopping - does that mean we have to overfly, land, or even go near them? In other words can we bypass them? If we have to overfly - how close do we have to get?

Thanks!

1 - Is it possible to take a short hop or fly a circuit around an airfield to test and make sure Duenna is working correctly - ie creating the log files? Would I encur a fueling/timing penalty? (I'd prefer to do this rather than fly another 2-6 hours and then find out it isn't working) I don't know if Duenna actually records anything other than the log.
    Sure, practice as necessary. The leg in the race is valid when you post a take-off and a landing in the forum. No penalty if it's not a valid leg. IE Just flying around without posting, checking Duenna.

2 - in the rules it is stated that ** airports do not require stopping - does that mean we have to overfly, land, or even go near them? In other words can we bypass them? If we have to overfly - how close do we have to get?
    No, No & No.. Bypass them completely if your plan dictates it.
    Roman

GREAT! Thanks.

Duenna application will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    Windows 7 and Vista are missing two .ocx files that Duenna needs to run.

Let me search my system for them....

Here you go they need to be placed in C:/windows/system32

There are three msinet.ocx, mscomctl.ocx, and mswinsck.ocx.

You need to register them in with an elevated command line window. See read me in the zip file.
    I have tried this and running it under XP compatibility mode and re-starting the computer after install, etc. etc., and all to no avail. This application refuses to run on my desktop pc with Vista (Home ver. 32 bit). I install it in my laptop with the same operating system and it starts up just fine. One tiny problem though. I don't have FSUIPC nor FSX on the laptop. Why? Because FSX won't run on the laptop! Can you provide some other suggestions to get this thing to work on the desktop. Thanks.

Have you tried installing somewhere else other than "ProgramFiles" ? It's strange it works on the laptop w/o fsx but not on the desktop box.
    Roman

Duenna application will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by spokes2112 View Post
    Have you tried installing somewhere else other than "ProgramFiles" ? It's strange it works on the laptop w/o fsx but not on the desktop box.
    Yes to that. Learned long, long, long ago not to install applications into the Programs directory if at all possible.

This isn't a request for help, but a note to any pilots who may have FTX Vector installed: Ensure that you turn off the traffic lights in said program! A desire not to crash any further in this race has me checking the runways via taxiing in the 1934 scenery; I'm glad i did, since at LGTT there's a few traffic lights introduced with very large crash boxes that have the potential to turn the end of a great flight into a miserable affair!

Teamspeak

What is the SOH Teamspeak address?

SOH-CM-2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetbldr View Post
    What is the SOH Teamspeak address?
    Try this: http://www.sim-outhouse.net/index.php?pageid=ts
    Martin (FS RTW Race pilot 2009-19)
    Win7 x64 | MSI X79A-GD65 | Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB

Members who have read this thread: 0