London Melbourne 2014: Help Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: London Melbourne 2014: Help Thread

P3d users - duenna setup instructions here

All P3D Users,

The following are the steps for setting up P3D & Duenna for the upcoming MacRobertson 2014 race. These instructions will be included in the next rules release in the appendix section(s).

P3D SETUP

1. Setup the P3D realism dialog as shown in the picture below. During testing it was found that changes to the dialog may not stick on the first time. It would be a good idea to re-open the realism dialog after it has been closed the first time to double check and confirm that the settings indeed reflect what is required.

2. After confirmation of the settings restart P3D.

3. From this point it may be a good idea not to touch these settings until after your participation in the race. Note - Duenna will not reflect these settings. It will still show a Red Realism box and a Red or Yellow Real-WX box. Disregard any warnings that may pop up from Duenna when started.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3D Realism.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	13470

DUENNA SETUP

1. In the Duenna settings dialog as shown in the picture below, highlighted in red, (disregard other settings as shown, it's just an example) enter the path to prepare3d.cfg into the FS9.CFG (when non-std) text field. The paths, as an example, are shown below and reflect the Windows 7 operating system. Other operating systems may vary. Replace the red USER NAME part of the path with the user name of the account used for P3D. Verify that the path to prepare3d.cfg is correct by using Windows Explorer.

Code:
    Prepar3D v1 = C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\prepare3d.cfg
    Prepar3D v2 = C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\prepare3d.cfg
    2. Save settings

3. Exit Duenna

4. Restart Duenna when ready to use. From this point it may be a good idea not to touch these settings until after your participation in the race.

Name:	Duenna EX.jpg 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	13471

DUENNA USAGE

Duenna will still show a Red Realism box and a Red or Yellow Real-WX box when started. Disregard (ignore/close) any warnings that may pop up. Use Duenna as normal for the flight. After the flight, and as long there were no other discrepancies, Duenna will still show an "Invalid" flight. Disregard this and upload the .txt & .jpg as required by the rules. The fs-duenna.com tracking page will show the flight as "ok/errors". The MacRobertson race tracking page will also show on their "legs" subpage that the flight was invalid. It is up to Ms. Nellie and the Race Committee to disseminate the data that was uploaded and manually verify the leg.

Icon22

This is awesome Roman!! ... our community just got bigger and had a new door opened up.

Way cool,
    salt_air

Thanks to all for the examples and run-throughs, it helps a lot!

Also, thanks to the committee for continuing to work on the Caudron numbers. Very much appreciated!

I noticed that auto-mixture was used in determining numbers, is this allowed / encouraged?

Just wanted to add... Wouldn't have been able to do testing without Ed (falcon409). Without his testing it would have been tough, if not impossible, to figure out what was missing and why errors were triggered.

Thanks Ed,

Roman

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    Thanks to all for the examples and run-throughs, it helps a lot!

Also, thanks to the committee for continuing to work on the Caudron numbers. Very much appreciated!

I noticed that auto-mixture was used in determining numbers, is this allowed / encouraged?
    Jimmy,
    Auto-mixture is allowed (and highly encouraged for those who may not be used to all the intimate details of powered flight or tend to forget the use of checklists). It maintains a consistent fuel/air mixture and this makes it ideal (essential) for testing and comparing aircraft performance.

Manual mixture control is a refinement that can yield benefits but also, as many can testify, lead to embarrassing moments, coughing, sputtering and even frightening silence.

Of course, use of the adjacent selection (Allow unlimited fuel) is NOT condoned

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by spokes2112 View Post
    Just wanted to add... Wouldn't have been able to do testing without Ed (falcon409). Without his testing it would have been tough, if not impossible, to figure out what was missing and why errors were triggered.

Thanks Ed,

Roman

Good deal Roman!

Well then how about a round for Ed .... thanks mate!

"Suds" on my tab when you get there .... http://www.osullivansirishpub.com.au/

Both of ya.

Appreciate the work guys!
    salt_air

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    Manual mixture control is a refinement that can yield benefits but also, as many can testify, lead to embarrassing moments, coughing, sputtering and even frightening silence.
    Or even unintentional flat spins when flying a twin in a RTWR race leg!

DAMHIKIJD OK!

Larry

Duenna application will not work.

Hi.
    I tried several times to install the Duenna application and the update and then start it to configure it.
    Each time I try to start it, the following message appears: MSInet.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."
    I've checked the ...System32 directory and the file msinet.ocx is there so I'm not sure what is going on. Again, I've installed, un-installed and re-installed four times so far and all to no avail.
    I install all applications using Administrator rights so that is not an issue. The operating system is Windows Vista Home (32 bit).
    I hope someone can provide me with some guidance before Saturday, 10/25/2014, otherwise I'll have to back out of the race.
    Thank you.

Hi OFF,

Not sure if this will work, but it looks possible. I've never seen the problem you are having, but after some Googling, I found an article that might help, HERE. Worth a try in any case.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Just to be sure, you have FSUIPC installed also?

Quote Originally Posted by robert41 View Post
    Just to be sure, you have FSUIPC installed also?
    Good point. Definitely "Step 1" in troubleshooting...
    HP Reverb G2

Answer to robert41: Yes.

Answer to PRB: I had already checked this as a possible solution prior to making my post, but it didn't resolve the issue. When I ran regsver32 on the file a message indicating that the registration of the file was successful popped up; but when I tried to launch Duenna the message from my previous post re-appeared.

Found this on a help forum. Maybe worth a try? (Hate to make things worse though).

"There's an old little program that may help with problems registering msinet.ocx on Vista. Search for vb6cli.exe and when found and downloaded to your computer right click on the file to execute it with administrator rights and after unpacking and running you have a good chance your problem has disappeared."

Thanks for the suggestion Moses03 but it will not help. The application VB6cli.exe is a self-extracting application that contains some files for VB6 developers. You must have VB6 on the computer for the extracted executable file to work. I do not have VB6 ergo this will not solve my problem. But thanks for trying. I appreciate it.

As much as I would have liked to, it looks like I won't be running in this race. Miserable-Soft's Vista operating system has always been a pain in the you know where but I cannot justify the expense to upgrade both the operating system and the hardware to simply play a game. I've been keeping my ol' jalopy running for almost eight years now and there are a lot of things I don't get to do simply because of the operating system's limitations or the hardware's limitations (old 2.2 GHZ pentium).
    Oh well, I still have fun traipsing solo around the virtual skies of my virtual world.

We will come up with a work around, one way or the other so you can participate.

Paul, I installed your Nav PAnel, and it turned my rotating props into black disks. Is the Nav Panel for FS9 (FS2004) only?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Paul, I installed your Nav PAnel, and it turned my rotating props into black disks. Is the Nav Panel for FS9 (FS2004) only?
    That's interesting. They are gauges that work in both FS9 and FSX. I don't have that particular configuration installed in my FSX planes at present, but something similar. Will try to duplicate when I get home. Has to be one of the gauges, and they are not all needed. Will advise...
    HP Reverb G2

Installed the Nav Panel into the FSX DC-2 with no ill effects. Installed into a couple other FSX planes just to make sure. Could not duplicate. If you take the panel out do the correct prop disk textures return?
    HP Reverb G2

Paul, I'll have a look and let you know.

Thanks for the support

Problem solved, cause unknown

Well I got it solved.

I started with this:

Name:	2014-10-22_10-40-20-10.jpg 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	13608

Then I tried selecting the different panel folders with no success and thought I found the solution after selecting the klm texture instead of the klmo, is there a file in there that affects the props?? Don't think so, but okay:

Name:	panel-prop issue_8.jpg 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	13610.

But...... while panning to the rear view...:

Name:	panel-prop issue_7.jpg 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	13611
    Darned, I smiled too early.

Since I had a backup of the compete Douglas DC-2 X (as always ) I decided to start all over.

And now...EURECA!

Name:	panel-prop issue_9.jpg 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	13612

Name:	panel-prop issue_10.jpg 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	13613

It's finally working. What cause the problem, I do not know. Butr as always, having a backup of whatever you are working on proved very valuable.
    Paul, I can not explain what caused the black prop discs, but now that it's working, I like the panel for events like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails panel-prop issue_6.jpg  

Rgr good news. It's hard to imagine a gauge in a local panel folder causing such a problem, but FSX always manages to surprise... Glad it's working ok now.
    HP Reverb G2

Having a spot of trouble with the Duenna and AS2012

I took a test flight this evening to shake off the cobwebs and couldn't get a "green" status for Wx on the Duenna. Everything else appears green, but Wx is yellow (prior to baton pick-up/flight start). All the appropriate realism settings in both FSX and AS2012 appear to be checked. The text log on landing shows weather as '4' (Not Good). Everything else looks fine. Anyone else encounter something like this?

I may just go with AS textures and use the default weather if it's too much trouble to fix. That's what we do with the RTWR, so I never bothered to check on AS2012 compatibility with the Duenna before.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Craig,

By using a external weather source (be it any) the initial duenna will catch "User defined WX" =4 which is what any external WX source needs to set in FS in order to inject their own WX. According to the rules this is OK using an external WX.

In hindsight, i am thinking about switching myself.. Going from FSrealWX Pro to the internal Jeppesen 15 minute update. It looks soooo good when everything is green on a "baton drop". . Just seems right. In my case I would like to get on Ms. Nellie's good side again. Got on her wrong side during the "Cape 2 Cape". 1st would like to get on the good side again but better, 2. Do not want to enter her office again.

Roman

Roman,

Having consulted the '119 Picadilly' thread and the Rules v1.00, I feel comfortable using AS2012. I declared it and I'm sticking with it (and since I paid for it, I want to use it! ) Thanks for the clarification. Good luck in the race!

Craig
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Okay I just added the SOH TeamSpeak bookmark to the client, and was able to join. Am I missing something, or is there ne dedicated room for this event? If not, then where do I go from the main room?

Got the Duenna set up, and test went well.

Ready for Take-Off tomorrow.

Members who have read this thread: 0