Flight Replicas 109K-4 slats issues in P3D2

Thread: Flight Replicas 109K-4 slats issues in P3D2

Flight Replicas 109K-4 slats issues in P3D2

Does anyone else have similar problems with this terrific AC in P3D2? I just installed it for my V2.4 and it seems that the slats aren't working: with C&D start I hear the slats sound constantly and in the air they don't seem to work (at least animations do not show up).

I know very well this plane is not supported for any of the P3D versions (it worked marvelously with P3D 1.4, though), but man, I'd like to get this one to work correctly. I'd even pay some money for working P3D2 version of FR 109K-4, it is after all one of my all time favourites

I believe it works okay in my P3D (still 2.3)
    I'll test again and report here tomorrow.

EDIT:
    I decided to test immediately instead. And I get exactly the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I decided to test immediately instead. And I get exactly the same issue.
    Yeah, exactly like I thought. This was really surprising incompatibility issue IMO as these vintage props are fairly straightforward models in many cases compared to some modern complex airliners with bunch of .dll modules for the systems. It would be great if FR would check if porting to P3DV2 would be relatively easy task to fix and then release this beauty officially for P3DV2. Like I said, I would gladly pay some money for P3DV2 upgrade if necessary. There really isn't any better Bf 109 (any version for that matter) for FSX/P3D at the moment.

Same here. I love that Me-109, it's one of the very few non-accusim prop planes that I keep piloting.

Not much I can do at this point, I'm afraid. For the time being, for slat sounds that are playing constantly, if you substitute a silent .wav file for SND19 ( ...\Sound\FlightReplicas) you will at least not hear them. Don't just delete SND19, as that will produce an error, and make sure your substitute file is named SND19.

I don't know why slat animations aren't working (can't test here), but there is no magic in there, it's fundamental stock A: variables, mostly spoiler. I'll have to have a look at the 2.2 SDK variables lists.

Good to know, however, as we are planning to put out the 109G model once the current lineup is done, and this will now be taken care of.

Btw, anybody have the Me-262 in P3D2.2? Slat system there is sightly different, and it would be good to know if it works ok.

Thanks!

Mike

I have the 262. I'm going to test it in P3D 2.3 and report here

I confirm the 262 works normally, the slats are extended below 300 km/h IAS (and AccuFeel does increase the drag sound) and retracted above that speed.

I confirm the 262 works normally, the slats are extended below 300 km/h IAS (and AccuFeel does increase the drag sound) and retracted above that speed.
    That's great. Thanks! Will use this in the G....

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Not much I can do at this point, I'm afraid. For the time being, for slat sounds that are playing constantly, if you substitute a silent .wav file for SND19 ( ...\Sound\FlightReplicas) you will at least not hear them. Don't just delete SND19, as that will produce an error, and make sure your substitute file is named SND19.

I don't know why slat animations aren't working (can't test here), but there is no magic in there, it's fundamental stock A: variables, mostly spoiler. I'll have to have a look at the 2.2 SDK variables lists.

Good to know, however, as we are planning to put out the 109G model once the current lineup is done, and this will now be taken care of.

Btw, anybody have the Me-262 in P3D2.2? Slat system there is sightly different, and it would be good to know if it works ok.

Thanks!

Mike
    Thanks for taking attention on the matter! Yeah, I figured also out that the sound file can be replaced with something silent and that is easily doable. I also find out about the error by deleting the file myself

Animations aren't in that sense the big deal, but I'm not even sure that if the slat coding itself is working. It is a while when I flew this one in P3D V1.4, but if I remember correctly you could easily feel the slats opening in thight turns for example and they definitely changed the flight dynamics of the Kurfurst significantly. When I did my test flight with P3D2.4, it felt like slats were inoperative.

Well, I need to install Me 262 also again and I'm glad it is working. And it is good to hear about the Gustav also. Maybe after finishing the Gustav, you guys could add the similar slats operation as a upgrade/patch to Kurfurst also. Kurfurst is still a quite a different beast compared to earlier versions and I'd like to have that in my hangar also as a high quality FR model

Hi
    looks like we are able to use Acufeel in P3D ...is thiis true? got version 2...nice

regards

Of course.
    You simply have to add the various entries in the DLL.xml or EXE.xml of P3D. AccuFeel works like a charm
    The only thing I dislike about this program is the shaking it produce after a certain speed limit. It does it even when you deactivate all of the speed-related settings for the plane :/
    So each time I want to go supersonic with a jet in P3D, I have first to deactivate totally AccuFeel for that plane, and that is quite a shame

I tried to install Accufeel in P3D 2.4 and it didn't work, despite the entry in the dll.xml. How did you install it? Via the Estonia Migrator?

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I just transfered the files over from the FSX install.
    For info, I'm still on 2.3. But I don't see why it would be different on 2.4...

Mark, the transfer also worked for me in P3D v 2.4. Be sure your dll.xml file has both entries in it. They should correspond to the files in your P3D module folder.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>A2A Feel</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

This is old hat for you I know but if everything isn't just perfect, no cigar as you know.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks for the responses, I'll check if the entries are correct!

Best,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

As anybody tested the fake sound file technique described by Mike above ? Does it solve the problem ? I mean, beside the sound problem, are the slats working as they should ?

Members who have read this thread: 0