London to Melbourne Entry Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: London to Melbourne Entry Thread

We shall miss you Eamonn.

Hope you survive the move!
    -Mike

While sitting around waiting for the boffins to finish screwing up... errr.. preparing the last bits of nav equipment in the Miles Falcon, I was contemplating how to get home.

Digging through the files and moving boxes I found a set of keys for the FSD Aerostar that we'd left in Melbourne in 2009. Wow! Wonder if it still runs after 5 years?

Well, I've dropped a note in the mailbox at 119 Piccadilly to let them know I'll be running the PA-60/TS-60 in the Modern Age if I ever get to Oz in the first place. As it's now a 'classic' I'll have to use FS9 and probably the default weather.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Icon25 Entry in Race

Consider this post my entry, this will be my first attempt at this race, I am new to the SOH community. I will post again after I make my aircraft choices. Thank You SOH, for the Great opportunity.

hello to all
    I think to race FS2004 and Stearman
    its extracted sheet fs2004 :
    The Stearman Aircraft Company, startedin 1927, was combined with Boeing in 1934. In the same year, theprototype Model 70 private-venture training biplane, designed byHarold Zipp and Jack Clark, was built. Some 61 were bought by the USNas Model 73s and the improved Model 75 appeared in 1936. In total,8,428 Model 75s had been built by 1945 when production ended. Used bythe USAAF and the USN, as well as by other countries, the Model 75had a variety of military designations: USAAF PT-13, PT-17, PT-18 andUSN N2S-1 to N2S-5. The PT-27 was an enclosed cockpit version used byCanada.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sparrow-2014-nov-5-001.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	14521
    good day
    pierrot

I Have decided what Aircraft to fly.

I'll be flying the Spartan from Milton Shupe in the Golden Age, Handicap Race in FSX using the default FSX Real Weather. And I will be returning in the Carenado PC12.

Welcome pierodeni and Jetbldr. Good to have you aboard. Pierrot, which FS model Steerman are you flying? We need to calculate a handicap allowance for it, and I don't think we have yet...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

hello all

many problems with this aircraft so I picked up the start of the race with a DC3 ( default ) and fs2004; really sorry

good day

pierodeni

Going to have to withdraw from the modern class. Went to run up the rear engine this morning and it caught on fire. Don't think the damage can be repaired in time to compete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0.jpg  

Too bad.

Maybe you can do some crowdfunding for a new engine.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I had planned on finishing soon enough to run the Lancair Legacy back to London, but it's not looking like a possibility at this point unless I were to take a week off of work. As tempting as that is, I better pass!

Please consider my Modern Era entry on the previous page officially withdrawn.

Next time, I guess!

Apologies All,

Had hoped to make a run with the Comet... some unexpected "work" / project came up just after entry.

-Rob

Icon22

The Race Committee has made this an event to remember .... a fine example of The Great Race indeed.

Thank you for all of the work it took to put in together and all that continues to be required.

Hat's off to all of the first timers .... finished or not and even just mustering up to enter in the first place.

Raising a glass to all of us ....

Grateful for this wonderful provision!,
    salt_air

Members who have read this thread: 3