F-106 Delta Dart v2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F-106 Delta Dart v2

Hi Rob

I take from that the V2 model I downloaded the other day is not actually the latest model and I need to wait until it becomes available again and re-download it?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    I take from that the V2 model I downloaded the other day is not actually the latest model and I need to wait until it becomes available again and re-download it?
    Yep, that's what he said.

Sorry, that is the case.
    Hope to get things sorted out ASAP.

no prob's Rob... I'm enjoying what I've got, but I try to keep stuff up to date hence the question.

Matt

Thanks for the response, Rob. Looking forward to the revised 106 when you make it available.

How I ended up with a 2D panel for the Dart....
    Fair proportion of it is from what I'd evolved the AS 105's panel into, but was fun to do, all the same...

Attachment 13188

Very, very nice.

Dave

What's everyone using for a soundset?
    I went for the Mirage 3B's soundset in the end as there is none for the J75 and both the J57 and J79 are a bit unsuited.

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Very, very nice.

Dave
    +1!!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    What's everyone using for a soundset?
    I went for the Mirage 3B's soundset in the end as there is none for the J75 and both the J57 and J79 are a bit unsuited.
    I use the Alphasim F105D sound....same J75 ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_%26_Whitney_J75

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I use the Alphasim F105D sound....same J75 ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_%26_Whitney_J75
    Okay, but there's a weeeeeeeeeeee hindrance: About 28€.

I could still mod HJG's DC-8 or 707 sound by chopping it down to one engine and fitting an afterburner, but ugh...work.

...yes, but the sound comes with a great free plane....

Every home should have a 'Thud'...

How I ended up with a 2D panel for the Dart....
    Fair proportion of it is from what I'd evolved the AS 105's panel into, but was fun to do, all the same...

Attachment 13188

That 2D panel is looking WICKED good. I am hoping you will share that beauty when done!!! That looks fantastic.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    That 2D panel is looking WICKED good. I am hoping you will share that beauty when done!!! That looks fantastic.

Eric
    I can...but gonna wait for Rob's re-upping of whatever amended files he has...

Meanwhile....am fiddling with a 2D of a C46 panel.....something different...

...yes, but the sound comes with a great free plane....
    Haha!

Every home should have a 'Thud'...
    Oh, mine does! It even does damage and I've survived quite a few missions over the GDR in it!

(Talking about Strike Fighters though.)

Doesn't seem to still be there...

When I open up the website it only loads down to the DH 125. Has the F-106 been removed?

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

Probably....it was apparently an older ver...so Rob's eventually going to put up the correct/update ver...

Probably....it was apparently an older ver...so Rob's eventually going to put up the correct/update ver...
    I got into a bit of a mess with my website, being able to upload files only intermittently, not all my fault I hasten to add.
    The server is being taken over and there has been a lot of disruption.
    The F 106 has been taken down and will re-appear when I have found all the relevant files, I know they were put somewhere safe!
    Takes a lot of work to set up for one aircraft model and I'm working on other things at the moment.

RobR

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    I got into a bit of a mess with my website, being able to upload files only intermittently, not all my fault I hasten to add.
    The server is being taken over and there has been a lot of disruption.
    The F 106 has been taken down and will re-appear when I have found all the relevant files, I know they were put somewhere safe!
    Takes a lot of work to set up for one aircraft model and I'm working on other things at the moment.

RobR
    Hi Rob, given the level of effort you are engaged in, perhaps it would be easier to upload to SOH?

If you have your own website it's always better to only distribute from there. That way you have control over updates and such.

Icon5 Any tweaks for P3D v4.2 compatibility?

I absolutely love this plane -- one of my favorite planes in real life and (thanks to Rob!) in Flight Sims as well.

I've shifted to P3D v4.2 for most of my flying, and since this plane depends on the FSX FA18.dll for some functionality, the F-106 is missing some stuff in P3D.

Has anyone substituted other P3D v4.2-compatible files for the FA18.dll stuff? Or Rob, any chance you'll revisit this and tweak it for P3D? It's such a fantastic plane, I'd love to see it fully in the new sim.

Thanks, all!

I found a decent substitute and simple HUD that works
    Am away on business till next week and will try to remember to follow up
    agree this model is terrific
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

That would be awesome, @expat. Thanks!

Give this a try:

FSX - FSX PanelsFSX Realistic HUD For The F/A-18 Hornet
    [ Download | View | Video ]
    Name: realistic_hud_fsx_hornet.zip
    Size: 226,182 Date: 11-30-2009 Downloads: 2,684

FSX Realistic HUD For The F/A-18 Hornet. A realistic head-up display (HUD) for the FSX Acceleration F/A-18 Hornet. The HUD is an enhanced version of the original HUD for the F/A-18 by Scott Printz. The original functionality Scott built into it is preserved, and the following new features are added: 1) Precise ILS and TACAN navigation for aircraft carriers (including moving carriers) that allow carrier landings in low visibility and at night. 2) The HUD symbology is conformal to the outside world: the horizon bar stays on the horizon, velocity vector shows actual flight path as read against the outside world (if you keep your vector pointed at a certain spot on the runway, this is exactly where you will land). 3) Caged mode with ghost vector for use in heavy side wind conditions. 4) Elements repositioned to make the HUD look as close as possible to the real Hornet HUD. By Jivko Rusev.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 5