Anybody Ever Do any Real Artwork?

Thread: Anybody Ever Do any Real Artwork?

Anybody Ever Do any Real Artwork?

These were some pieces I did a few years ago. The P-51 was for my uncle who flew this bird in China. The original print versions of these are well over 3 feet wide and hi resolution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p51_montage.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	12842

Name:	B17 Blue Belle.jpg 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	12843

Name:	dc3.jpg 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	12844

SOH-CM-2023
    No, I never did but these are excellent. You have a fine talent there.

Beautiful! I'm curious how you managed to make 3 foot wide hi res versions. Are they entirely done with Photoshop or Illustrator or some other tool? They'd look fabulous on a wall!

Quote Originally Posted by tailspin45 View Post
    Beautiful! I'm curious how you managed to make 3 foot wide hi res versions. Are they entirely done with Photoshop or Illustrator or some other tool? They'd look fabulous on a wall!

These were all done in Photoshop at very high DPI (200 dpi) which makes the files huge, but then I had these printed at a commercial printer and hand selected a cool metalic paper that mades the bare metal really pop.

The P-51 was a montage done specifically for my Great Uncle Paul Crawford, who flew in China during the war. This was his airplane. He was shot down over china after strafing a rail yard. He escaped and evaded. Great grandmother got the telegram that he had gone MIA and family assumed he was dead. he returned to friendly lines with help from Nationalist Chinese 2 days after the Hiroshima bombing. He walked into my great grandparents home on Christmas eve 1945. My great grandmother is said to have literally fainted because she thought she had seen a ghost.

E

i did a charcoal drawing of the Clown Emitt Kelly when i was in high school..i got an A..but what really made me happy was it sold for more than $500.00..and it was just an normal paper size..done on normal drawing paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    i did a charcoal drawing of the Clown Emitt Kelly when i was in high school..i got an A..but what really made me happy was it sold for more than $500.00..and it was just an normal paper size..done on normal drawing paper.
    Really? Thats awesome. Making money from your work is great. Now I wonder who paid 500 bucks for a clown picture? :-)

Members who have read this thread: 1