Iris Battlefield airlifter. (C-27 Spartan)

Thread: Iris Battlefield airlifter. (C-27 Spartan)

Hybrid View

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Iris Battlefield airlifter. (C-27 Spartan)

Almost afraid to start this topic, but I'm sure we can keep this civil, right..?

Anyway, here's what David posted on Facebook earlier today:

The Battlefield Airlifter is done and uploading! About a year and a half late, but well... it's done.
    And:

The IRIS Airforce Series - Battlefield Airlifter Version 1.1 is now available for those who have purchased it directly from IRIS. To download the product, please log into your IRIS Store account and download the installer from your ORIGINAL IRIS Platinum Series C-27J Spartan or IRIS Airforce Series Tactical Airlifter product invoice.
    Please note that this version does NOT contain a working manual, however the product content is complete other than that. A manual is being worked on and should be available within 24-48 hours.
    In addition, once that is available, all installers will be updated and issued to our usual distributors for sale.
    If you have any questions or comments, please post a comment below or alternately submit a support ticket.
    To aid in the operation of the aircraft I will be creating a number of small youtube tutorials to assist those wishing to fly the aircraft.
    Should appear at your vendor of choice as a free update soon!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

That's very good news, thanks for the notification.
    I hope this new version will help us forget the original one.
    By the way, is there any description of the changes made in this new version anywhere ?

Oh, and thanks to the IRIS team for updating that bird, finally.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    By the way, is there any description of the changes made in this new version anywhere ?
    Found this on Facebook:

Mid-Life Upgrade for the IRIS Airforce Series - Tactical Airlifter product.

The items being focused on currently are in no particular order;

* Brand new flight model based on the agility and short field operations the C-27J Spartan is famous for.

* A rework of the existing code to aid in multiplayer functions and overall systems simulation.

* Implimentation of the IRIS 'Aegis I Avionics Suite' providing new FMC, PFD, MFD and SFD units to the existing cockpit.

* Remastering of the engine and internal audio.

We're estimating that the MLU should take no longer than 4 weeks to complete at this stage. (Completed on 29th September 2014!) Better late than never!
    And:

The adjustments to this product are significant and come at no additional cost. Some of the more obvious changes in this version are as follows;
    Improved Flight Dynamics to provide more agile handling and improve upon the existing short field landing and take-off characteristics.
    A complete rework of the on-board displays to improve their clarity and function.
    Addition of an FMS unit which gives the capability to manage the aircraft’s customised systems and monitor preset FSX/P3D flight plans.
    The ability to manage aircraft configurations ‘on the fly’, adding and configuring various individual components such as AEW items and MC-27J style items.
    Volumetric Propellers
    There are more changes, but these ones are at the top of my head
    Bunch of screenshots here as well: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5552415&type=1
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thanks for the heads-up, Ferry. Pretty sure I purchased my Spartan elsewhere, so I'll wait a little longer for the update to be available.

I bought it few years ago in PC Aviator, it will be free update?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I bought it few years ago in PC Aviator, it will be free update?
    Yes. that is direct word from Iris.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 5