Spitfire MkVIII - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Spitfire MkVIII

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi All,

Spitfires are just having a few last minute FM revisions for 6 of the planes, other than that they are finished. I arrive home from work this coming Wednesday, I am hoping by the end of the week at latest for upload.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic News !! Thanks to all who made this Spitfire Mk III collection what it is. A great addition for CFS3. Very grateful to have people like you all who devoted so much time and effort and hair pulling to bring us all this for our enjoyment and for free to boot. Best Regards , Scott

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi All,

Spitfires are just having a few last minute FM revisions for 6 of the planes, other than that they are finished. I arrive home from work this coming Wednesday, I am hoping by the end of the week at latest for upload.

regards Rob.
    Hey, Rob, you've got mail.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Blog Entries
    Just listen to that wonderful Merlin engine... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QRVRdE42vw and this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S19Vg89a6dU nice Mk VIII's.

I spent a lot of time working on the sounds for this project. To date it is the most detailed sound set in CFS3 with several features we haven't had before.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    I spent a lot of time working on the sounds for this project. To date it is the most detailed sound set in CFS3 with several features we haven't had before.
    Stop teasing us and release the bl**dy things!!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    But we like teasing you Clive.... They're up

Once admins approve you'll find them in British aircraft addon section.

CFS3 Spitfire MkVIII and MkVII aircraft Set. (2 downloads in total - Generic to all installs and Aircraft)

MkVII-HF pressurised high altitude fighter (extended wingtips)

MkVIII-F
    MkVIII-HF un-presurised high altitude fighter (extended wingtips)
    MkVIII-LF low altitude fighter (clipped wingtips)

This pack contains 22 aircraft which are broken into 3 groups

1. ETO - 7 aircraft (1 x MkVIII RAF, 6 x MkVII-HF RAF.
    2. MTO - 5 aircraft - 1 x MkVIII USAAF, 1 x MkVIII-HF RAF, 3 x MVIII-LF RAF & USAAF.
    3. PTO - 10 aircraft - 3 x MkVIII RAF, 7 x MkVIII RAAF.

The individual aircraft names start with SJE_ (ETO) SJM_ (MAW) and SJP_ (PTO) just to help identify which theatre of operations they belong too.

************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************

The following people are responsible for the package:

External fs9 model original by Paul Rebuffat then converted and upgraded by Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt.

cfs3 vc by Pat Didier then upgraded by Clive (Pat Pattle) Moorely then converted to later marks by Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt.

All Textures by John (Bravo/4) Whelan.

Mos File by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. (includes new oil stains)

XDP compilation, historical content, plane set construction by Rob (Capt. Winters) Stevenson.

Flight Model By Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. Based off AvH Spitfire MkIXc-61 FM2.85.09 with extensive tweaking for each new model.

Effects (weapons, and damage) by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. This set has blood splatter and bullet holes for virtual cockpit views and introduces progressive oil leaks over the windscreen and fuselage as damage increases.

Weapons and pylons by AvHistory, Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt, Rob (Capt. Winters) Stevenson, Daniel (Gecko) Holtz, with new textures by John (Bravo/4) Whelan.
    new weapons include 45 Gallon torpedo drop tank, standalone AvH slipper tanks with new textures. revised sounds for 200m Hispano MkII and .303 mg's for standalone weapons for spitfire 8 model set.

New Engine sounds by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. (Gary Jones did the original Merlin sound package which was then built-on and CFS3-ified). This set introduces various sounds for compressors and super charges as well as low rpm rough running sounds.

Guy "fox" Greenburg made the dr_ prefixed effect textures. (Most will have these already from MAW and ETO and RS etc but they have been included for completeness.)

Optional Shaders for Ankors scenery work by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. These files will be uploaded as a seperate download.

Testing: Grizzly50, Brav0/4, Geko, Capt. Winters, Sdsbolt.

Freeware items not to be loaded onto any web site without the written permission of Steve Seybolt.

Next Cab off the rank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 175 typhoon pilot B5 air strip Fresne-Camilly Calvados Normandy 24 July 1944.jpg   Spitfire_Mk7-8_set.jpg  
    Last edited by hairyspin; September 8th, 2016 at 09:24.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Blog Entries
    Woohoo, new Spitfires! Can't wait to get home and try them all, I'm sure they'll be worth the wait.

Well done to all of you splendid chaps!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Blog Entries
    Just downloaded these wonderful Spits. A complex install compared to other aircraft for CFS3 but it must be, with a the new features, they will be worth it i know for sure. Best Regards , Scott

Just downloaded and installed it works a real treat. Very well thought out instructions etc easy for me to install. Very nice well made beautifully authentic and accurate models with superb high detail paint job. Realy nice.
    Thanks to all those who have done all the hard work you have made CFS3 so much better now! All i need to do now is fix my win 10 install from crashing at the end of a mission any clues?

Sticky thread posted

Great stuff guys! I've posted a new sticky thread with the posts from Rob's announcement onwards copied to it. I'll close this one now.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0