Spitfire MkVIII - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Spitfire MkVIII

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi All,

Spitfire MkVIII is coming along nicely, including some new loadouts not seen before in cfs3. A historically correct torpedo drop tank and pylon.

In this case being used to transport fuel for the pilots rather than fuel for the aircraft.

regards Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails beer800x600.jpg   BEERTRANSPORT.jpg  
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Hi All,

Heres some more of the various profiles for the MkVIII John has done some amazing work. These are Australian PTO area. The 79 squadron nose art 'avagrog' is Aussie slang for 'have a beer'

79 and 452 squadrons RAAF from mid 44 through to end of war. the plain aluminum aircraft is 548 RAF flying out of Darwin, Australia 1945. It was polished to enhance speed.

These are an important addition to CFS3 as we now pretty much have the full chronological set of aircraft for these squadrons in game. starting from late 1941 through to the end of the war. P40's, Spit V's and now Spit VIII's

regards Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pto452peg.jpg   pto452.jpg   pto79avagrog.jpg   pto79avagojo.jpg   darwin548b.jpg   darwin548a.jpg  

bobby gibbs.jpg  

Hi All,

And some more of the various profiles for the MkVIII. These are RAF Burma area.

155 and 152 squadrons RAF from mid 44 through to end of war.

Again these are an important addition to CFS3 as we now pretty much have the full chronological set of major fighter aircraft for RAF in game. starting from late 1941 through to the end of the war. Hurricanes (MkI, IIc, IIb, IV), Spit V's, Buffalo's, Mohawk's, Spit XIV's and now Spit VIII's

Overall theres 22 different aircraft in the Spitfire MkVII/VIII (F, LF and HF versions) set including ETO, MTO and PTO theaters of operations.

regards Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails burma155.jpg   burm152a.jpg   burm152.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi All,

Again these are an important addition to CFS3 as we now pretty much have the full chronological set of major fighter aircraft for RAF in game. starting from late 1941 through to the end of the war. Hurricanes (MkI, IIc, IIb, IV), Spit V's, Buffalo's, Mohawk's, Spit XIV's and now Spit VIII's

Overall theres 22 different aircraft in the Spitfire MkVII/VIII (F, LF and HF versions) set including ETO, MTO and PTO theaters of operations.

regards Rob.
    You beaut, that's fantastic! Thanks Rob and of course those toiling with digital 3D models and paint masterpieces.....

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Simply Awesome !!!!! Thanks to all involved .

Yes, that's the high quality work we've come to think of as normal. But it's easy to forget about all the hours of hard labour these guys have put into these models. Same as with that wonderful P-61 that's waiting for us somewhere. Beautiful aircraft, gentlemen!!!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Splendid!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

First rate Gentlemen!

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.

B U M P ! ! !

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

I am sorry to report...

...the Spitfire Mk.VIII flight testing program has been severely impeded by massive oil leaks and over-temping engines.

Ooooh, love it!! But it needs more oil, not these tiny specks which look like you have flown through a swarm of mosquitos. This is an oil leak :

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P47 oil leak.jpg  

Found that picture in my research. Good day for the pilot, BAD day for the ground crew. What I posted is WIP, and represents the moment those hot droplets of oil hit the windscreen. In the following seconds it spreads into an oily film that covers the forward panels. I'm playing with different ways of getting that transition to look good.

And thankfully a Spitfire carries nowhere near the amount of oil as a P-47!

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    ... What I posted is WIP, and represents the moment those hot droplets of oil hit the windscreen. In the following seconds it spreads into an oily film that covers the forward panels. I'm playing with different ways of getting that transition to look good ...
    Sounds great, can't wait!!

It reminds me "Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe" good old time, thanks for bringing this to CFS3!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Yup!!

Another BAD day for the groundcrew

Blog Entries
    Awesome effects/features ! Will this aircraft be geared for CFS3 ETO ? Just the tool for those pesky FW-190's and 109's !!

I've driven my ground crew nearly to mutiny while making this effect. EVERY time I come back the windscreen is covered in oil! They're beginning to think I'm doing it on purpose!

Blog Entries
    Saw where it's posted that ETO,MTO,PTO versions will be available . In awe of the completeness in realism that this project attains .

Blog Entries
    figured it would a fine time to bump

It's ok we haven't forgotten it!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Members who have read this thread: 0