fsx crashing to desktop

Thread: fsx crashing to desktop

Icon26 fsx crashing to desktop

here is cure for that

hey guys i have found some info for dealing with fsx crashing to desktop

make sure you have admin rights to fsx and user account control is off and leave it off

you can google uiautomationcore.dll

1, Download this file: http://www.mediafire...omationCore.zip

2, Drop the UIAutomationCore.dll file into the FSX root folder

3, While your in the root FSX folder, Hold Shift and right click, select "open command window here" from the list of options

4, Then into the CMD window that appears, copy paste this: regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll

5, Then press Enter

This page can’t be displayed

•Make sure the web address http://www.mediafire...omationcore.zip is correct.
    •Look for the page with your search engine.
    •Refresh the page in a few minutes.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

It is my understanding that UIAutomationCore.dll helps with crashes that occur while in the FSX opening menu, but really does not help with crashes while flying and usually does not work at all with Windows 8. In flight CTD is most often caused by FSX running out of memory. FSX, being a 32-bit program, can use no more that 4 GB of memory. With scenery intense areas and highly detailed aircraft, FSX can quickly consume its useable memory and FSX does not release the data from your departure area, even on long flights. FSX just continues to fill memory with more data until there is insufficient memory remaining, then boom! CTD.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

QUOTE=FLTNUT;905103]here is cure for that

hey guys i have found some info for dealing with fsx crashing to desktop

make sure you have admin rights to fsx and user account control is off and leave it off

you can google uiautomationcore.dll

1, Download this file: http://www.mediafire...omationCore.zip

2, Drop the UIAutomationCore.dll file into the FSX root folder

3, While your in the root FSX folder, Hold Shift and right click, select "open command window here" from the list of options

4, Then into the CMD window that appears, copy paste this: regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll

5, Then press Enter[/QUOTE]

Sorry about this, but your link isn't working!

EDIT: I attached the file to this post

UIAutomationCore.zip[

Dumonceau

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post

5, Then press Enter
    No need to register uiautomationcore.dll as it's a core Windows file that already exists.

The problem is not not having that file, the problem is FSX needs the Vista version in it's root folder to work properly.

cheers,
    Lane

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    It is my understanding that UIAutomationCore.dll helps with crashes that occur while in the FSX opening menu, but really does not help with crashes while flying and usually does not work at all with Windows 8.
    It works just the same with Windows 8 and 8.1 and I find that some aircraft require it to be present,
    for example the Milviz Sabre.
    The general principle is that FSX looks for the files it requires in the root FSX folder first and only if
    it does not find them there does it look for Windows system files.
    It is this same behaviour that allows the likes of ENB series, SweetFX and the Dx10 Fixer to modify the
    way that FSX works with Direct X by adding modified d3d***.dll files.

I must say that this is hardly a new fix, it has been around since Vista was no longer the latest Windows version,

Members who have read this thread: 1