Wilco P2006T Released
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilco P2006T Released

Wilco P2006T Released

The Wilco P2006T has been released. Does anyone have it yet? I'm waiting to to see a review, but I've always thought this was a cool light twin.

Actually looks pretty nice. I like that it's not your common Cessna or Piper design.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Looks pretty neat, might pick this up since I'm a bit of a sucker for stuff that's 'different'. I just watched a video review of it and it seemed alright to me, looks pretty good inside the VC. The point was made that the glass is almost invisible, but perhaps that could be adjusted via the paint kit.

Tempted.

Hate to be a naysayer, but too bad Anthony didn't make this ship. It looks pretty interesting and he's my go-to Tecnam developer.

Does look interesting; might have to get this.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

AirdailyX did a twitch thingy review/first look. All the chatter aside it gives a good overview of the ins and outs of this rendition. Enough for me to let it pass.
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    AirdailyX did a twitch thingy review/first look. All the chatter aside it gives a good overview of the ins and outs of this rendition. Enough for me to let it pass.
    Funny, that was the very same review that I watched (fast forwarding through the non-useful chatter since it was a twitch stream). I cam away with the opposite impression; I'll likely pick this up. The reviewer pointed out a few issues, but overall he liked it and said he felt it was pretty good value at the price point. The twitch video was of high enough quality that you could make up your own mind about the textures, that's for sure. I saw very little to complain about other than the too-clear windows.

Hi Jimmy, of course if I were you I probably would have concluded the same
    But for me, although it looked great, it seemed a bit default-ish. Not very much system wise. I have to carefully spend my FS money, The price of FS addons's increases almost with every release..
    Anneke

Hi Jimmy, of course if I were you I probably would have concluded the same
    But for me, although it looked great, it seemed a bit default-ish. Not very much system wise. I have to carefully spend my FS money, The price of FS addons's increases almost with every release..
    True enough, it's wise to be careful with one's money!

In this case, I don't mind some default systems as long as its bug free... Lately there's been too many instances of developers trying to complicate stuff to replicate systems that weren't meant to be replicated in FS, resulting in something that yes, is more complex, but not in a sensible way that faithfully mimics the real version.

If systems depth can't be replicated well, it shouldn't be replicated at all.

Gotta love the naysayers...

The Wilco Tecnam P2600T has full systems in depth. fully working bespoke coded Garmin avionics, all gauges faithfully reproduced.

Some screenies are here.

There's an extremely highly detailed Rotax under the engine cover and every nut and bolt of the real aircraft is modelled in.

Tecnam themselves have sent a congratulatory letter, saying they are extremely impressed with the result.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Impressed...especially for the price.

Ok ok

How are the frames in FSX?
    Anneke

Charter Member 2015
    Is the auto pilot default key strokes? That is big with me. I use Saitek Auto Pilot.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Pepere View Post
    Is the auto pilot default key strokes? That is big with me. I use Saitek Auto Pilot.
    David
    It can be. . .most every heading and altitude can be set using key strokes but not as accurately sometimes as simply learning to use the actual autopilot.

Purchased this against my better judgement (I have a lot of airplanes that go less than 150kts and they drive me crazy), but I liked the high wing, retractable gear configuration, the VC arrangement and so I bought it. Flew from Langley, Va to Cape May, NJ. Actual IAS was around 170 (without going into overspeed), nice quit interior. Autpilot combined with the HSI made alt and hdg changes simple and it's a nice docile airplane to hand fly. Glad I got it.

Ok ok

How are the frames in FSX?
    No one? All over to P3D?
    Anneke

Charter Member 2015
    FPS review!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have the best computer in the world and this aircraft has no, no hit at all. The FPS are better then with the default 172! Plus she is fun to fly. Nice, really nice.

David

this aircraft has no, no hit at all. The FPS are better then with the default 172!
    Thanks David! Much appreciated!
    Anneke

Can you hide the yokes ?

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dauribe View Post
    Can you hide the yokes ?
    Dan
    Not that I can see. . .no.

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dauribe View Post
    Can you hide the yokes ?

Dan
    Yes! The # one 2D panel has an option to hid the yoke and seat belts.....

David

Yes! The # one 2D panel has an option to hid the yoke and seat belts.....
    David
    Good find. I saw that little pop up and never paid much attention to it. I was looking for a hotspot or switch in the VC to remove it.

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Good find. I saw that little pop up and never paid much attention to it. I was looking for a hotspot or switch in the VC to remove it.
    Thanks a lot for the information... now ..off to buy it...

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Beautiful looking plane! Love that engine detail.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Members who have read this thread: 4