Matt's Repaints - Page 11
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt's Repaints

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Wellington Z1400 No.420 SQN RAAF

Will we see this one soon, I hope?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Will we see this one soon, I hope?
    It still required some more work, however they are done

I cant access the OZX site at the moment, so I will try and upload another night

****Edit, I was able to upload, Wellington repaint download link> http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...0-z1400-z1572/

Got it. Thanks. And Happy New Year.
    -- WH

SOH-CM-2023
    Wondering if I might make a request. Back in my EMT days I worked with this bird a few times. Would be awesome to have it in the sim...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LifeFlight [UMass]042.jpg  
    You can't take the sky from me...

Interesting scheme. Is this factual?
    -- WH

Interesting scheme. Is this factual?
    Yes its a real post war civil scheme

Just dropped by and noticed the repaints of the Wellington. I'm not sure about the upper wing roundels I think they should be B Type (red/Blue). Nice work though all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    Just dropped by and noticed the repaints of the Wellington. I'm not sure about the upper wing roundels I think they should be B Type (red/Blue). Nice work though all the same.
    Yeah I know

There is no paintkit for the wellington or any FCS package, its a case of making one from scratch or editing and adding to stock textures, due to the textures on these wing, it was going to be a lot of work to replace the roundels for me to even bother with it, hence why i left them as is, just adding what i did took long enough to blend in the current textures

actually found the correct wing textures with the correct roundels, I didn't even bother to look in the other texture folders

So Ive updated the download with the correct type B roundels on the wings

The images on the download page will remain as however in sim they will reflect

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...0-z1400-z1572/

You know, I don't fly the Boomerang all that often, but with that civilian scheme, I can see that changing in the future. Nice work. 😊

Matt, who's Hind? ND or Virtavia?
    Last edited by WarHorse47; January 1st, 2018 at 18:06.
    -- WH

I didn't see it up yet?? Need this one for cruising around Australia ;-)

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    I didn't see it up yet?? Need this one for cruising around Australia ;-)

LouP

its not up yet, it was done around 2am lastnight,

the only free time to play around lately on the PC is after 11pm, normally i get one or uploads done and maybe a paint, then im off to bed

it should be uploading it in the next day or 2

[QUOTE=jeansy;1119216]Yes its a real post war civil scheme

[/QUOT

I haven't checked but I think it might have been used in the film 'Smithy' (or some title like that) as an approximate stand in for the Lockheed that Charles Kingsford-Smith was lost in around Burma.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

[QUOTE=wombat666;1119349]
    Yes its a real post war civil scheme

[/QUOT

I haven't checked but I think it might have been used in the film 'Smithy' (or some title like that) as an approximate stand in for the Lockheed that Charles Kingsford-Smith was lost in around Burma.

you are correct

After the war, A46-30 was disguised to look like Sir Charles Kingsford Smith's Altair VH-USB Lady Southern Cross for the film "Smithy". The spinner and guns were removed and a new paint scheme applied. After the film,
    A46-30 was donated to the Australian Air League in Sydney in August 1946. It stayed there until 1964. By then it had deteriorated due to exposure to the weather and vandalism. Wing Commander Isaacs, the CO of Williamtown, organised the relocation of A46-30 to Willamtown for restoration.

Thanks for the comment Wombat as it reminded me i needed to add Lady Southern Cross on it

Matt, who's Hind? ND or Virtavia?
    ND Hind, This paint still needs some more work

VH-USB is complete

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...merang-vh-usb/

CeraSim Bell 222 repaint link

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...bulance-n622f/

ND Hind, This paint still needs some more work
    Yes. Please do. Hard to tell status from your prior post. Thanks.
    -- WH

its just a case of when you post a screenshot you notice something, or you see something line that can create extra work

anyway this one is a very much WIP, I started this one tonight, The tail art took some time, now just the fine details as im working on the lines and rivets and all the other fine stuff then comes the weathering before its done

Beaufighter Mk.21, RAAF 93 Sqn, SK-N "Pistol packin' gremlin", A8-116

its just a case of when you post a screenshot you notice something, or you see something line that can create extra work

anyway this one is a very much WIP, I started this one tonight, The tail art took some time, now just the fine details as im working on the lines and rivets and all the other fine stuff then comes the weathering before its done

Beaufighter Mk.21, RAAF 93 Sqn, SK-N "Pistol packin' gremlin", A8-116

I'm not complaining, but unless you say something we (consumers) don't know from the screenshot if its close to being released or not. Furthermore, if its not finished and still is a WIP, its confusing when there are other paints being completed. I would expect paints to be completed in sequence, one after another, before the next batch is started. Again, I'm not complaining but just sharing my perspective from my end.

Now I gotta see if I have an FSX Beaufighter in my hangar.
    -- WH

im not sure what you are getting at

when it comes to painting,

1, you have to be in the mood
    2, have interest in you are painting
    3, have the time
    4 i also do work for payware devs, who at times come first
    5, satisfaction of the paint can change at any time from completed to needs work
    6, a posted screen shot may be good one day however the next your not happy with
    7, a completed paint is something that is uploaded not a screen shot
    8, for me personally my mind changes or think of new methods daily
    9, there maybe a bigger plan for a paint or a group
    10, I may have ran out of resources and awaiting more images or details
    11, i dont get paid for this, i have to work around house hold things with the wife and kid, my computer time is normally after midnight
    12, when im not painting for devs, i do these freeware paints to unwind and zone
    13, I have several torn tendons which ive been in and out of hospital the past 12mths, every night I take enough painkillers to sedate a heard of elephants, when im drugged up i may feel like doing something different than to finishing a paint or uploading

in short, when its uploaded it ready, when it gets uploaded is when im ready or able to upload it

the more i have things thrown in my face the less enchanted i become and i rapidly loose interest in painting

All is good. Thanks for the explanation and the paints. Much appreciated.
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 13