IRIS Pilatus PC-21 75th Anniversary released

Thread: IRIS Pilatus PC-21 75th Anniversary released

Hybrid View

IRIS Pilatus PC-21 75th Anniversary released

Not a whole new aircraft, but a BIG update on the known PC-21.

• External 3D model and artwork re-created and replaced for a more accurate appearance and better simulation performance.
    • Virtual Cockpit 3D model and artwork re-created and replaced for a more accurate appearance and better simulation performance.
    • Internal & External audio adjusted for more accurate sound.
    • Updated dsd_fsx_xml_sound.dll file to allow compatibility with Prepar3D V2.3
    • Flight Model removed and replaced with new more stable and accurate Turboprop Flight Model.
    • Codebase changed to improve system performance
    • GPU code removed due to limitations with Turboprop flight model in FSX and P3D engines.
    • Smoke Pod and Fuel Tank system recoded to allow addition and removal via the CDU.
    • Auto-start system recoded to remove hung and hot-starts.
    • Emergency Jettison system coded to allow jettison of external fuel tanks and smoke pods.
    • Fuel system re-coded to automatically add or remove external tank fuel when the stores are added via the CDU.

Was a very nice first flight (P3Dv2.3)
    Now I have to wait for a new paintkit

Uups, the paintkit is already on the Irissimulations home page

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Looks good at first glance (Haven't had time to fly it yet.) but only four schemes included, and the old ones aren't compatible with the new model so I'm keeping both installed at the moment.

It should be a free upgrade, so check your account from where you bought it. The FLightsim Store already has the new version.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

It appears to be a free update as I just grabbed it from my Iris account.

Dave

I'm logged in to my flightsimstore account history. How do I tell if the PC-21 in my account history is linked to the updated file?
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    I'm logged in to my flightsimstore account history. How do I tell if the PC-21 in my account history is linked to the updated file?
    The Flightsim Store has the new version, I downloaded it earlier today. Couldn't tell if it was the new version until I downloaded it, opened the zip file and checked the date on the installer though.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Like it so far!:

Does the aircraft perform better in FPS wise? The changelog mentions several 'performance improvements'. I might try this one but I dont have a powerful system. Thanks

The previous version did pretty good on my dell laptop unless I loaded the color map on the navigation display. I only made about 5 minute flight in it, but the performance seemed a little better than the previous version. I have noticed that if you engage the parking brake, then the will wheel chocks are put in place. That is a little aggregating.

Which is the P3D version? I only see the PC9 in P3D format

http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...oducts_id=2242
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Will simmarket.com be updated? The version there is still the old one.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Will simmarket.com be updated? The version there is still the old one.
    I will second that question. The old version is still there and not been updated

Members who have read this thread: 5