Official: T-6 Racers Preview

Thread: Official: T-6 Racers Preview

Hybrid View

Official: T-6 Racers Preview

Good-day,

Myth? - The elusive FSX T-6 package we have been working on... is no myth.

For the next little while, I will be offering previews here. Until release. (very soon)

The details;
    Model: - Original Warwick Carter/David Eckert.
    Sound: - All new exclusive sound-set. 3D Cone, actual recordings, the whole bit.
    Texture: - 20 All new, historically accurate, and meticulously created liveries. Based on the Paintkit by John Terrell. But also featuring new goodies inside and out.
    Flight: - The flight model is entirely reworked, for accuracy, and realism. A half dozen real-world T-6 pilots have been interviewed, and their commentaries noted. The flight model is exacted around the concept of the cleaned-up, yet still very stock T-6 aircraft, such as compete in the National Championship Air Races in Reno. Also this flight model will much more readily adapt to the aerobatic routines as seen with various airshow performers across the country.

Also; special .xml programming, and a precision customized RealEngine module have been adapted for extra immersion. There's other goodies as well... You'll see!

This will be a complete, and entire release. Everything you need will be included, and we have permission form all various authors. - It is freeware.

I have launched a preview gallery, which displays a single image of each of the liveries featured.
    View it HERE.

A few more samples:

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Very cool!

David Eckert like the guy who did the famed FS9 Stearman?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Wow, that's quite an amazing T-6 set. Thanks for the previews, all of those textures look great. I'll be looking forward to this release.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Very cool!

David Eckert like the guy who did the famed FS9 Stearman?
    Although its been widely referred to as simply the "Wozza Texan", David Eckert was also responsible for the creation of the model (I believe David Eckert had the model largely built but wasn't going to be able to finish it - the AT-6 was going to be his next release following his FS9 Stearman and B-26 Marauder) - and not to forget that the pilot model was provided by Mike Flahault (Flight Replicas).

This "Racers" expansion has been a really, really, really long time coming! I've been looking forward to it greatly - the immersion factor massively enhanced through new flight dynamics, new (very dynamic) sounds, and engine management (and I'm sure other details we have yet to see/hear about).

With the Reno Air Races starting tomorrow, great timing for a release this week too! ; )

BTW, I'm incredibly impressed by these textures! It is a very challenging model to produce for, paint schemes as complex as these.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Looks great, really looking forward to finally getting some RCAF paints on the Texan (I know it's no Harvard, but but it'll have to do)

Really looking forward to this. Thanks Joe.

Wow - great news to hear. Those are some sweet previews too!
    Look forward to flying these upcoming T-6s.
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Members who have read this thread: 2