LH Lear 24B

Hello Folks,

Am i blind this morning, bcoz can't found the LH Lear24B thread
    What happen
    Thanks in advance.
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    It was removed at the request of thread starter.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Thanks for answering AussieMan.

R.I.P LH
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

Thanks for asking. I was wondering too. But I am sorry to hear that.

Discussions on New Releases are usually a good thing. . .sometimes they get ridiculous and this happens.
    ************************************************** ************************************

Having said that and knowing that some folks were having problems starting the airplane. . .let me offer up my experiences in Beta Testing.
    Start requires that you use a cold and dark scenario specifically for this airplane. You must load the Lear, ensure that ALL switches are in the off position (especially the Jet Pumps and the GEN/START switches). If you still hear any cockpit sounds at all, reset the L/H battery switch. . .you'll get a short gyro spin-up sound but that will go away. When all is quiet, save that flight. I suggest that you save the flight to your desktop so that you can simply double click and it will bring you directly into the cockpit.

Now, recheck to ensure all switches have remained off (from time to time I still find the jet pumps on). . .it will not start unless you turn them off before the start sequence.
    Once you verify that all switches are off, turn on both battery switches, turn on the jet pumps, take the left starter switch and hold it down until the engine starts. . .once the rpm's spin up, release the switch and move it up to the "GEN" position.
    Repeat that for the right engine. Once you have engine start, turn on both converters (needed for AP function) and the remaining switches.

It should be obvious, but do not load an aircraft you already have setup for cold and dark starts, load the Lear 24B and resave as your cold and dark for the lear. Not how it works and the manual is pretty clear on that. I hope if nothing else, this might trigger an "ah ha" moment for somebody and it helps get you in the air.

Finally, if folks who intend to post in this thread can FOCUS on being instructive and constructive. . .then it could be a great dialogue for finding great pleasure in flying the beautiful Lear 24B. We all realize (or should) that every system, every Sim setup comes with it's own set of tweaks and quirks. . .what works for one may not work for another. . .keep that in mind and let's try again to explore this excellent aircraft. I'm sure Admin is watching and won't hesitate to shut this down if things get out of hand so let's not give them a reason. Thanks and happy flying!!

Thanks Ed-- I was having problems with the start too. I'll go try out your suggestion.

Thanks,

Kent

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Discussions on New Releases are usually a good thing . . . sometimes they get ridiculous and this happens. ************************************************** ***********************************
    Ed, aircraft in FS are becoming more complex. We are getting closer to the original Microsoft slogan "As real as it gets". Gone are the days when you could just load an aircraft, hit CTRL+E and away you go.

Now with most new aircraft you need to spend an hour or so to **** before you can fly.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 1